UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was age 18 that he moved up to LTP? (not 21?)

It might be run by the NHS but on the Carstairs website it says the majority of admissions come from prison services. Your comment suggested you think it unlikely the prison service would send him there....Do you think he would he have to be assessed outside of the prison service through NHS or privately to be given a better chance of going to Carstairs?

Genuinely curious, just want to understand what you meant/what you think..
It's definitely 21.

Her Majesty's Young Offender Institution - Wikipedia

In regard to Carstairs, he is already assessed as being of sound mind there is no requirement to send him there. He has already been assessed prior to trial.

If he found Alesha anywhere outside of her bedroom then I think abducting her would be a relatively simple task for him. In Alesha's eyes he was a young person, not a scary grown up she didn't know. Also him having a younger sister, he was probably well able to converse with young girls in a friendly manner.

What has crossed my mind a few times was if the original motive was in some way connected to the dad's girlfriend. Did he set out with a knife to scare her / attack her in some way ? It's odd he picked her as his defence, was he fixated with her, did they have a one night stand at some stage and he wasn't willing to let it go ?

He is in no doubt guilty but it's difficult to see why he set out that night to abduct, rape and murder a child he claims not to have met before.

He went to the house for another reason and happened across little Alesha by chance, imo.

I thought it was age 18 that he moved up to LTP? (not 21?)

It might be run by the NHS but on the Carstairs website it says the majority of admissions come from prison services. Your comment suggested you think it unlikely the prison service would send him there....Do you think he would he have to be assessed outside of the prison service through NHS or privately to be given a better chance of going to Carstairs?

Genuinely curious, just want to understand what you meant/what you think..
Sorry again. I don't think he would be assessed privately unless someone is willing to foot the bill. He will be assessed leading up to 21st March, that may change things, if sentenced to Prison and not hospital he may go under further assessments but the fact his psychological state never came into question throughout the trial suggests to me he will be sent to prison.

His google account now seems to have vanished but this was an interesting post of his under the poison3d appl3 name. Shows a propensity for extreme / violent thoughts even a good few years ago, before this offence...

It is explicit but I agree with @Sleuthdolf. Sometimes young kids make comments like this appearing to be "edgy" or thinking it is funny. I've also seen people of a similar age do the same thing and it's not too uncommon with gamers. I understand the issues with it, especially with someone who is only 12 but it's not an extremely atypical reaction as far as I've seen, especially if it's in relation to something someone said about his sister.

No his sentence will start from the date he was remanded, being 16 just means he'll be in YO until he's 21, then he'll go to a prison for LTP.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

Agree with Deufin, I know this is a sleuth sithe but if I see one more post about 2am conspiracy theories! It is very possible that the reported events in the house are not accurate. I don’t think it’s the police they were scared of it’s Alesha’s Mother. The whole family including Angela King had Alesha in their care and I do think that RM and TM were arguing in the street and that it was them who didn’t lock the door. How do you tell the Mother of a murdered child that you were distracted and didn’t look after her properly? Alesha may have been downstairs, or even on the stairs when the Monster found her. BUT that doesn’t make them at all implicated in her Murder. I do think that members considering writing to this Beast to satisfy their curiosity goes too far and strays into ghoul territory. Last post on this thread, but I will say one thing. A relative was murdered in a horrible way by an adult teenager who had drowned a child aged when he was under 11. Some people are just wired wrong and he is one of them. They do kill again and I hope he never gets out. He will really struggle inside.

I totally understand where you're coming from and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way regarding the bit in bold, but it was just something I was considering because I've been pretty invested in this case over the last while - like a lot of us have - and there are lots of things that I wish I could find out more information about. Like @mrazda71 said in a previous post, I'm sure it would amount to absolutely nothing but it's just something I was thinking about. Part of is probably just morbid curiosity the other is me trying to be an (armchair) psychologist. I believe he is guilty and I was not trying to implicate anyone else. I've thought about doing the same thing before with other cases but decided not to, so this might end up the same. Sorry, I know you said this was your last post in here but I just wanted to clarify.

For the sake of discussion; I would think ( with no expert knowledge) that the psychiatric reports pre- sentencing are more involved than the pre- court ones were and will now take into account his long prison sentence. I'm sure that he will be assessed by a lot of psychiatrists and social workers. JMO

Sorry again. I don't think he would be assessed privately unless someone is willing to foot the bill. He will be assessed leading up to 21st March, that may change things, if sentenced to Prison and not hospital he may go under further assessments but the fact his psychological state never came into question throughout the trial suggests to me he will be sent to prison.

Ah okay, thanks for explaining :)

For the sake of discussion; I would think ( with no expert knowledge) that the psychiatric reports pre- sentencing are more involved than the pre- court ones were and will now take into account his long prison sentence. I'm sure that he will be assessed by a lot of psychiatrists and social workers. JMO
He will be being assessed all the time until 21st March undoubtedly. But it was never an issue, the fact he was of sound mind when the crime was carried out is what is important not how he is just now. I got this from and earlier thread.

Mr McSporran also said the boy had been seen by a psychiatrist for possible "insanity or diminished responsibility".

He added: "There was no such issue.

I did wonder that...that like you say maybe the assessments going on now might be more involved than the ones before the trial, and they said they are taking account of his background/history etc.

I did wonder that...that like you say maybe the assessments going on now might be more involved than the ones before the trial, and they said they are taking account of his background/history etc.
They do background reports, this allows the judge to have all the information regarding the crimes including psychiatry, social work (if any), police reports, basically every bit of information there is. This should be taken into account when sentencing.

Assessments being done now will probably be much the same IMO. The most important one would be the one done pre-trial to determine if he was insane, diminished responsibility and fit for trial. He took the stand he was more than fit for trial or his defence woukd have kept him off.

I feel like the only people willing to risk seriously injuring/killing him though, are inmates who are already in for life sentences and don't care about their future, because they will be severely punished for it. They will be applauded inside the prison and also by many people outside too, but it's sentencing themselves to even longer time behind bars.

Maybe he went there that night with the initial intention of murdering Robert and raping and killing Toni. I won’t put anything past this evil weasel. We’ll never know what his original motive was. I’m just glad he was caught and hopefully he will spend the rest of his life in prison with no chance of parole like Ian Brady before him.

I feel like the only people willing to risk seriously injuring/killing him though, are inmates who are already in for life sentences and don't care about their future, because they will be severely punished for it. They will be applauded inside the prison and also by many people outside too, but it's sentencing themselves to even longer time behind bars.
You're probably right. The thing with some Long Term Prisoners especially one's whom have been sentenced to 20 plus years is, they begin to feel they have nothing to lose there's no light at the end of the tunnel, therefore they don't think of the possibility of adding to their sentence if they do attack another prisoner.

Thanks for answering. I just wondered if it was necessary to include this in a post as others seem to do?
I include it in the posts that i have included my opinion, sometimes i forget though.

Does anyone think he might be sent to Carstairs state hospital in south Lanarkshire after the young offenders institute? instead of off to a normal prison. is he/has he been psychologically assessed for this? I know most people here want him to go to a normal prison, but I'm just curious about whether he is being assessed for anything else. I know the judge is looking into his background etc and it said he is being assessed for adhd, before sentencing, but I've not seen much else mentioned regarding psych assessment, apart form them mentioning he has anxiety/depression/history of self harm etc. Has it already been done?

Before anyone says it, yes I know the above (anxiety etc) is not the kind of thing that gets you sent to carstairs, I'm just mentioning them as part of what has already been mentioned in the media. I want to know if he has been assessed for Psychopathy specifically..

sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread....

For the time being i'm sticking with seasoned criminologist Professor David Wilson's sentiments that he hasn't seen enough evidence to suggest that AC is actually psychopathic.

I think he definitely has at least one personality disorder, or is potentially co-morbid (ie BPD and NPD), but i think his sheer carelessness at the murder scene and his 'wee boy' reactions to being locked up (if what the mother said is true) don't stack up to suggest sociopathy.

However, he probably will be assessed after sentencing, and if they do diagnose anything significant i think he probably will be sent to Carstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff