UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed !!

I’m gonna quite miss everyone on this thread as it starts to go quiet and we all return to our day to day lives. I only joined for this case in particular even though I’ve always been interested in true crime, but this feels different for some reason. It effected me deeply . I don’t think I’m gonna get invested in a case like it again though coz it’s not healthy at all. Thanks for my time on websleuths everyone . X

We all said that about our first case but, one day (sadly) there'll be another in the news and you'll come straight here because you know that what's posted here is based on factsn not gossip.

Each case stays with you and you often think of them and their families.

Signed !!

I’m gonna quite miss everyone on this thread as it starts to go quiet and we all return to our day to day lives. I only joined for this case in particular even though I’ve always been interested in true crime, but this feels different for some reason. It effected me deeply . I don’t think I’m gonna get invested in a case like it again though coz it’s not healthy at all. Thanks for my time on websleuths everyone . X

Stay connected to WS please. I joined because of Madeleine McCann (2007 ?) but still here (lost my p/w etc from then so back with another identity!) As @mrazda says, every case stays with you, leaving is not allowed ! x

We all said that about our first case but, one day (sadly) there'll be another in the news and you'll come straight here because you know that what's posted here is based on factsn not gossip.

Each case stays with you and you often think of them and their families.

I second that. I only called by to follow one case - that was 7 years ago !

Thanks for sharing. I signed this morning. CJ has

been the spokesperson for the family since Aleshas passing. He loved that little girl to bits and their closeness is obvious in his videos with her. I watched their partake in the great Scottish run , her dad took part too , was lovely to see. Alesha reached the finish line!

You too TC !! :)

Oh, I love this website! I've been lurking for years. I'm sure I came on here when Sandy Hook happened and also the Aurora shooting. I also remember using the forum to find out more about the Katie and Elizabeth Edwards case which really shocked me.

It was just this case with Alesha that spurred me to finally sign up and join in on the discussion and I'm glad I did. It has been draining at times as @Kikixxxx said but I've enjoyed interacting with everyone and people have been very welcoming. I'm sure there will be another case that grips me.

Thinking about how long ago that was is quite depressing really in the context of this case though. Sandy Hook happened at the end of 2012, so Alesha was only 1 year old and Aaron was only 10. Who knew what their future was going to hold? I'm sure neither family could ever imagine that this would be what was in store for them. How sad.

Interesting report here on psychopathy and the law.
https://www.strath.ac.uk/media/1new...s/studentlawreview/fourthedition/Nicolson.pdf

I know nothing of mental health reports and whats taken into account by Scottish law as to be deemed incapable of moral judgement or an understanding of an action; I am slightly puzzled though as to why he's considered sane.

That's not to exclude responsibility but to clarify why he wasn't committed to an institution.
This is why I thought he would have been sent to carstairs initially

Signed !!

I say the same with every case as I usually dwell over them for a few days (months in this case). Only difference is I had people to discuss this one with after discovering this forum. I've learnt a lot on here. You are an intelligent bunch!

He arrived in court in an unmarked taxi, not sure if he left in one tho.

Did they say what his demeanour was? Did he seem nervous at all? I find the way he has been acting in court and his psych report very chilling but it seems he is capable of losing his cold persona if reports he cried when they said he would be pubically named is anything to go by.

I say the same with every case as I usually dwell over them for a few days (months in this case). Only difference is I had people to discuss this one with after discovering this forum. I've learnt a lot on here. You are an intelligent bunch!

I know what you mean. I’m usually very detached and only think about a case when I’m reading it. This one has been very different though, Alesha is never far from my thoughts, I only joined because of her. Reading and posting has been an outlet for me , especially because my friends and family just read the headline, say how tragic it is and move on. I do need to step out of this thread though, emotionally it’s been draining but don’t think I’m quite ready yet !

I will never forget her.

I know what you mean. I’m usually very detached and only think about a case when I’m reading it. This one has been very different though, Alesha is never far from my thoughts, I only joined because of her. Reading and posting has been an outlet for me , especially because my friends and family just read the headline, say how tragic it is and move on. I do need to step out of this thread though, emotionally it’s been draining but don’t think I’m quite ready yet !

I will never forget her.

I feel exactly the same eve !! Not quite ready even though I should .

My family and friends are the same and I don’t like to keep going on about it with them so that’s why websleuths has been good for me.!

Signed !!

Hey, no need to leave! I joined WS when Mikaeel Kular went missing and have dipped in and out ever since, this was 2014! Crazy, it doesn’t feel 5 years this year! There are so many other missing person threads on here that will value your input @Kikixxxx Everytime a case reaches a conclusion it’s exhausting but a new one opens up and will take your attention again, unfortunately.

Hey, no need to leave! I joined WS when Mikaeel Kular went missing and have dipped in and out ever since, this was 2014! Crazy, it doesn’t feel 5 years this year! There are so many other missing person threads on here that will value your input @Kikixxxx Everytime a case reaches a conclusion it’s exhausting but a new one opens up and will take your attention again, unfortunately.
exactly! don't leave Kikixxxx!

Did they say what his demeanour was? Did he seem nervous at all? I find the way he has been acting in court and his psych report very chilling but it seems he is capable of losing his cold persona if reports he cried when they said he would be pubically named is anything to go by.

Maybe he did cry,but maybe they were tears of joy that he would be famous just like he wanted!

I view the crying when his anonymity was stripped as being simply because he was still 'in character' of the innocent, wronged schoolboy. Like a method actor. Once he decided to let his ugly show to the social workers etc, there was no need for him to continue to fake emotion.

I feel exactly the same eve !! Not quite ready even though I should .

My family and friends are the same and I don’t like to keep going on about it with them so that’s why websleuths has been good for me.!

It’s difficult isn’t it ? I’m not ready to let this case go....feels like I’d be letting Alesha down....I never met her and very likely never would have so have no idea why I feel the way I do. All child murders are sad and emotive but they only other little person, I often pause for is Victoria Climbie , she got to me but not like Alesha. I guess to be able to read true crime you have to have a sense of detachment , otherwise you’d be an emotional wreck...but sometimes cases come along which simply haunt you.

Alesha MacPhail mum 'cannot wait until daughter's killer Aaron Campbell is DEAD'

"Georgina said: “My first plan was to jump over the seats but it was the man in front of me that stopped me. I can’t remember what I said in court. "

So she actually tried to make for him, imagine if she did. AC was handcuffed anyway so couldn't do much I'd imagine. I wonder if Georgina still wants to visit him in prison after hearing how AC actually got Alesha out of the flat. I think AC would only love the attention so I hope the sentecning brought some closure to Georgina in that regard at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn