UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alesha McPhail mourners leave flowers and cuddly toys in tribute to schoolgirl found dead on Bute

Alesha McPhail mourners leave flowers and cuddly toys in tribute to dead girl

'
Flowers and cuddly toys have been left in tribute to the young schoolgirl found dead on the Isle of Bute .

Police are continuing to probe the mystery death of Alesha MacPhail, six, who was reported missing at 6.25am on Monday.'
I have a friend who lives on Bute. Alesha was found at the end of his Street. He laid flowers, the ones in the purple wrapper in the article above.

The distance between the house that was taped in news coverage and the forested area near the old hotel is less than a mile...15 minutes walk in a clip - see map below. Even if Alesha was lost and without shoes she could have covered this ground easily...Most 6-year-olds can wander for hours. But I really don't think this is what's happened here...and what caused her death? It would have got a bit chilly at night - maybe 12-14 celcius - but not really life-threatening? She was found in the woods and not at the bottom of an old wall in the ruins. I think somebody is either covering up an accidental death or most likely, something more nefarious has happened.
Map:
Google Maps

Last edited:
1f3a5.png
Mystery around 6 year old Alesha MacPhail’s death on the Isle of Bute. Police have identified her body after she was reported missing #HeartNews

Heart Scotland News on Twitter *video at link

I can't link as I'm using the app but according to the daily mail a bus driver said he was aware the child sleepwalked. But odd how she slept walked to an abandoned site and died.....
The man, who gave his name only as Peter, told The Times: 'Alesha was a lovely wee lassie. I saw her and her gran Angie on the bus at around half four on the night before she went missing.

'They are a nice family and very well known on the island. It's really not clear what happened, but I know wee Alesha was known to sleepwalk.'

Alesha MacPhail's mother discovered she was dead on Facebook | Daily Mail Online

At the far end of the police cordon, at approx 26 High Street (near the red phone booth shown in media) there is a little stone stair case heading into the forest that can be seen in street view:
stair case from west.png
staircase from east.png

Attachments

• stair case from west.png
    stair case from west.png
    606.3 KB · Views: 110
  • staircase from east.png
    staircase from east.png
    474.3 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online