UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of the accused says he 'crying' after exams party
A friend of the accused, who is also 16 and cannot be named because of his age, is giving evidence at Glasgow High Court.

He said he attended the exams party and went back to the accused’s house at 12.30am.

He found the accused “crying on his bed,” he told the court.

The boy says the accused told him he had ‘family problems” and was “depressed and thinking of harming himself”.

Witness tells court accused was “wearing grey jogging bottoms and a black Nike zipper”.

Police threw black Nike hoodie in skip thinking it was irrelevant to Alesha case

BBM I thought the party was at the accused's house ?

Boy recalls Snapchat video of accused saying 'I found the murderer'
The witness tells the jury he recalls the video the accused sent to the Snapchat group on the day Alesha was found and a murder investigation had been launched.

Boys says it was a video of himself in the mirror and pointed at himself as he said “I found where the murderer was hiding”.

The witness thought it was a “joke” because the accused “had a dark sense of humour”.

When asked if the witness still thinks this video was an example of the accused’s “dark humour” the boy replies “I’m not sure”.

Police threw black Nike hoodie in skip thinking it was irrelevant to Alesha case

Connor GILLIES

Another witness takes to the stand. 17 year old boy is friends with accused. Accused tried to contact the witness in early hours of 2nd July (when Alesha disappeared) looking for cannabis. Nothing became of that.
Witness is finished giving evidence.

a bit more detail about the policeman who discarded the hoodie

Sergeant Anthony Hannah told the court that the black hoodie was found in a rock pool.

After attending the scene, he took the item back to Rothesay Police Station and 'discarded of the item in a nearby skip' as a suspect had been arrested.

He had attended the 'priority one' call when Alesha was first reported missing.

Sgt Hannah was asked by defence brief Brian McConnaghie if it was 'reckless' to dispose of the hoodie, but denied that it was.

He claimed he had no information of clothing being of 'outstanding' significance regarding the case and that the two sets of officers on the island had 'separate protocols'.

Teenage boy, 16, accused of Alesha MacPhail's murder shared Snapchat selfie | Daily Mail Online

BBM

Given what we have seen thus far...
I would not take his word 100% about him having "family problems" ....
A psychopath would know just what to say in order to elicit the maximum amount of attention or sympathy in any given situation.

And as for his mother drinking........i think i would need a few if i had this creep living under my roof!

Given what we have seen thus far...
I would not take his word 100% about him having "family problems" ....
A psychopath would know just what to say in order to elicit the maximum amount of attention or sympathy in any given situation.

And as for his mother drinking........i think i would need a few if i had this creep living under my roof!
Same!

Just a thought re the knife.
It was found on the beach, very close to the McPhail house.
Why would the suspect go all the way back there to dispose of the knife ?
Is it possible that he only took the knife to have with him during the time he broke into the house.
Didn't need it any more once he left with Alesha.

Also maybe looking for the knife may be the reason for the last two forays from his mother's house, the last one running with a torch in his hand. If not the knife, what was he so frantically looking for just before sunrise? We might never know I suppose.

Also maybe looking for the knife may be the reason for the last two forays from his mother's house, the last one running with a torch in his hand. If not the knife, what was he so frantically looking for just before sunrise? We might never know I suppose.

IMO he was rushing with torch to see if clothes had been swept out to see and disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike