UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he wasn't concerned about the knife as well? Maybe he found what he was looking for the 2nd time back. It could be he was scanning for all of the above. Seems that he was a bit frantic, but not so worried as to not send out that poorly thought out video of himself as the murderer. Putting things over on people is the sociopathic trait called "duper's delight".

Prosecution expecting to wrap things up by Monday p.m or Tuesday a.m.

Leaving the "big guns" until last... DNA experts?

I think so - I was once a witness in a high court trial in Scotland, and following giving evidence I saw and watched the rest of the case. I recall the forensic experts were last - as they are essentially the final part of the "story" the prosecution is trying to tell.

Trying to think who defence will call, in the case I watched only one witness was called - the accused. It was similar to this case in so far that the accused and used a ridiculous special defence which wouldn't have any witness to back up the claims, which appears to be the case here (as all those who could have corroborated his version of events have been called as prosecution witnesses really).

Could a detective that interviewed him post arrest potentially be called to discuss his statement post arrest but pre charge?

I know this was posted up earlier, but just thinking about what he says here

The 16-year-old ( witness ) said: “He started to get anxious and said the police were going to blame it on him.”

He told her police always blamed him for things that happened in that area and he was “going to get arrested”.

So he does have some history of offending or of being suspected of offending, even if minor ?

I think so - I was once a witness in a high court trial in Scotland, and following giving evidence I saw and watched the rest of the case. I recall the forensic experts were last - as they are essentially the final part of the "story" the prosecution is trying to tell.

Trying to think who defence will call, in the case I watched only one witness was called - the accused. It was similar to this case in so far that the accused and used a ridiculous special defence which wouldn't have any witness to back up the claims, which appears to be the case here (as all those who could have corroborated his version of events have been called as prosecution witnesses really).

Could a detective that interviewed him post arrest potentially be called to discuss his statement post arrest but pre charge?

Should have mentioned, the QC in the case I gave evidence was also Iain McSporran (think he was an advocate back then). So thinking he may construct his cases in a similar way ending on the solid scientific evidence. He gave a very strong closing argument at that case so I'm confident his closing remarks will be impactful in this case too.

Initial timeline

Monday July 2
6.25 am alarm raised for Alesha
8.54 am Alesha found
11.00 pm Police Press Conference stating this is a murder enquiry

Tuesday July 3
Afternoon - Suspect spoken to by police, as a witness ( at his home )
Agrees to provide DNA sample

Wednesday July 4
Evening - Suspect arrested on suspicion of the murder of Alesha

Thursday July 5
Afternoon - Suspect charged in connection with the death of Alesha - some reports also said charged with the murder of Alesha.

Friday July 6
Supsect charged with rape and murder of Alesha

Last edited:
I’m really surprised there’s no child *advertiser censored* charges against him. Might somewhat explain his actions but so far nothing does

Perhaps a forensics or police witness will give evidence about any material discovered on his devices if relevant. Trying to think how many people they could fit into Monday and Tuesday morning...

Part of me thinks this not guilty plea is more about causing maximum hurt to TM & RM than him wanting to get off with this. I mean realistically he has to know he won’t get off with it, his lawyer would have had to have said the chances are literally zero but he has the right to lodge this defence and this is the last way to hurt the family.

I don’t think he will take stand, maybe I’m wrong but if he does it will turn into more of a circus than it already has been IMO. He will be so c**ky and sure of himself. I just think he wanted all the details out, he’s probably proud of all this, getting a kick out of hearing all the details.

I do not think that he is likely to take the stand.

The mindset of this type of person detests being challenged (unless they know that they can win)
There is no way that he would allow himself to be ridiculed in front of an audience.

I expect that the defence will play on his "mental health" and age in hope that this may mitigate some of the damage.

Remember..in his heart of hearts,his lawyer will already know that they are flogging a dead horse...damage limitation will be the priority now and that will not involve putting him up as a witness (least of all as a character witness)

Part of me thinks this not guilty plea is more about causing maximum hurt to TM & RM than him wanting to get off with this. I mean realistically he has to know he won’t get off with it, his lawyer would have had to have said the chances are literally zero but he has the right to lodge this defence and this is the last way to hurt the family.

I don’t think he will take stand, maybe I’m wrong but if he does it will turn into more of a circus than it already has been IMO. He will be so c**ky and sure of himself. I just think he wanted all the details out, he’s probably proud of all this, getting a kick out of hearing all the details.

He is probably enjoying putting his mum and dad through this as well.

Still no comments in the media about his demeanour during the trial? I’m curious if he’s showing any emotion- if he’s able to look at the images of a dead child.
There doesn’t even seem to be comments on what he’s wearing or where he’s sitting. The media must have been specifically briefed that none of this can be mentioned?

Still no comments in the media about his demeanour during the trial? I’m curious if he’s showing any emotion- if he’s able to look at the images of a dead child.
There doesn’t even seem to be comments on what he’s wearing or where he’s sitting. The media must have been specifically briefed that none of this can be mentioned?

See my next post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members