UK UK - Alistair Wilson, 30, murdered at home, Nairn, Scotland, 28 Nov 2004

Yes it defo struck me as odd, apparently Andy had only been in Shambles bar enough time to be poured a drink when someone rushed in and alerted him to the shooting. Shambles is on same Street as the havelock and AW home, down the street to the left from AW house, same direction the murderer walked from the crime scene. Also both Andy & Stuart’s dna would have been left at crime scene as both went to assist. AW apparently fell from stretcher and Andy helped put him back on, so it’s likely he would have been covered in Alastair’s blood. It’s my opinion the police already know who killed Alistair.

Wouldn’t AW’s wife have recognised him ?

Yes it defo struck me as odd, apparently Andy had only been in Shambles bar enough time to be poured a drink when someone rushed in and alerted him to the shooting. Shambles is on same Street as the havelock and AW home, down the street to the left from AW house, same direction the murderer walked from the crime scene. Also both Andy & Stuart’s dna would have been left at crime scene as both went to assist. AW apparently fell from stretcher and Andy helped put him back on, so it’s likely he would have been covered in Alastair’s blood. It’s my opinion the police already know who killed Alistair.

IMO I think if it'd had anything to do with the decking dispute, the culprit/mastermind would have been arrested in short order.
The frustrating thing is that the Police (still) say it is a Live investigation (So for instance, do not say they have ruled out anything in Alistair's financial situation/work) - this means it's more likely than not the killer will never be identified (At least by the aid of the public) - which leads to the following question....

Killer spoke for (at least) two minutes to AW. AW told his wife he didn't understand what the person was on about.

Either AW intimated the nature of this chat to his wife or he did not.

If he didn't then clearly the Police won't have a clue about what was said. If this is the case why would the Police not say so? What difference would it make in not doing so?

If (as would appear probable) the Police have a very good idea of what was said to AW by the killer (at least the nature) - why not reveal this? What harm would / could there be in doing so?

It is my impression that UK police don't release information or documentation as readily as US police. Is someone able to clarify this?

It is my impression that UK police don't release information or documentation as readily as US police. Is someone able to clarify this?

Yes, I think this is generally true. There are instances however where UK Police do release copious amounts of information and one of the most intriguing aspects of this case is that they haven't. It is difficult to see how the Police could feel after so many years not releasing any more information that it is helpful to the case. They

Unlike, say, the Jill Dando Case (where the victim did not stand talking to the perpetrator and no one else was 'involved' - answering the door) it is hard to see how the Police can't have at least some pertinent information and/or a fair idea of the likely candidate murder/mastermind.

So I’ve not checked this thread for a while, after realising there had been another thread that had been merged decided to go back and read over from the beginning. I don’t recall seeing this post 1st time around. Firstly I believe the small pub/hotel you are referring to is the Havelock across the road from AW home, I hadn’t read anywhere before about AW complaining to council about bottles being thrown from the hotel into his garden. I have done some sleuthing & you could very well be correct about AW having a run in with someone connected to the Havelock eg either the owner or someone who worked there? Interesting reads in below articles. I am unsure of whether it’s okay to post the free library one or not? It does state article was taken from the Sunday Mail on 23rd Jan 2005. Remember there are supposedly no suspects in this case. I am in no way suggesting Andy Burnett or Stuart Wright were the gunman, Veronica would have recognised them if that were the case. The below articles just add another dimension to the case. Something just not sitting right with me.
THE NAIRN MURDER: BANKER'S BIZARRE FEUD OVER DECKING. - Free Online Library

PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

Chef sacked after closing hotel on night of Nairn banker's murder

Nairn murder won't drive me from my home, says chef | Press and Journal

Was the letter he’d wrote to the council about bottles being thrown into his garden in the blue envelope? Was he bewildered by how this person got hold of the letter and was his whole bewilderment more to do with how, and why he had the envelope and why it had Paul's name on it and not his own?

Nice to see a new article (October) but this bit is really sad..
From link, thanks.
''Mr Wilson said has no memories of him apart from seeing him lying covered in blood at the family home in Nairn in the Highlands when he was just four on November 28, 2004.

He said: 'Someone came to our family home on a Sunday evening while my dad was reading my brother and me bedtime stories after our bath.

'The next thing I know I am looking at my dad lying in our doorway covered in blood.''

The Doorstep Murder - BBC News
A much longer piece released by the bbc
Excellent article, thanks- from link..

''Veronica, however, remembers the stranger as white, stockily built, with a dark baseball cap pulled down over his face. She says he was clean shaven, wearing a dark blue bomber-style jacket and dark jeans. He was 35-to-40-years-old and 5ft 6ins to 5ft 10ins.''

''Birmingham University criminologist Dr Mohammed Rahman has examined the events of that November night.

“I believe that there is some substance to the name Paul,” he says.

“It could’ve been related to Alistair’s work, it could’ve been a pseudonym for a person, or a project that he was working on, or an abbreviation of something that only Alistair knew of.

I believe that the symbolism of the envelope is important. Envelopes are used to send a message to people.”

Dr Rahman suggests that whoever wanted Alistair dead wanted the name Paul to be circulated in the media, sending a message to others.''

Son of banker shot dead on doorstep appeals for answers – STV News
rbbm.
“The murderer was described in 2004 as a man aged 30-40 years old, stocky build and approximately 5ft4 to 5ft7 tall. Alistair’s killer would now be approaching his 50s or 60s and has enjoyed a life denied to his victim and his family.

“My appeal today is about various aspects of the investigation. The handgun used was a Haenel Suhl pocket pistol from the 1930s which has a distinctive H and S letters superimposed on the grip.

“We believe this weapon is likely to have been taken to the UK after World War Two as some form of souvenir, however the ammunition used in the murder is from the 1980s or 90s.

“Do you know of anyone who had a similar pocket pistol? Do you know of anyone who mentioned having firearm souvenirs from the World War Two or from any family who were World War Two veterans?''

pjimage-37-1-1021x576.jpg
Police Scotland
The handgun used was a Haenel Suhl pocket pistol

I have followed this case with interest in the press/t.v. mainly because I have family living in that part of Scotland and having fallen over this excellent forum whilst googling it. I thought I might as well add my 3 ha'pence worth.
If the points i have raised have been answered then please bear with me.
1. I know the gun's chief feature is its smallness but if you look at the gun in the video and the drain as shown in the Daily Mail account its difficult to believe it could have been pushed down the drain slots. Local Highway Authorities use these cleaning machines regularly and not just for drains and I always thought they worked by simply sucking up the debris into the tank and later emptying it at the end of the day. If so when was the gun recovered, before it went into the tank or later? Is there an opportunity here for the gun to have been sucked up at an earlier location/usage? Thnks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back