UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I don't have a facebook-account. Could you be so kind and post this there for me, please?

Could Andrew have had personal problems no one even knows about? This could have caused him to run. I don't want to speculate on what it was but I have my ideas.

I have never had the 'feeling' that Andrew is dead. I think he just wanted to get away from everything.

Andrew, wherever you are I hope you are safe and happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My gut feeling is Andrew met up with someone he knew. Maybe someone he knew from school or an aquintance. I wonder how thoroughly the police looked into the people in Andrews life at that time.

I hate that this case hasn't gotten more exposure here on webleuths. We could use some enquiring minds to help us with this! I agree, I usually can get a good feel for cases but with this one I simply cannot tell what has happened.

My gut feeling is Andrew met up with someone he knew. Maybe someone he knew from school or an aquintance. I wonder how thoroughly the police looked into the people in Andrews life at that time.

This was my feeling too. It is possible he was promised a lift back hence not buying a return ticket.

Could Andrew have had personal problems no one even knows about? This could have caused him to run. I don't want to speculate on what it was but I have my ideas.

I have never had the 'feeling' that Andrew is dead. I think he just wanted to get away from everything.

Andrew, wherever you are I hope you are safe and happy.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/11/20/family-appeals-to-gay-community-to-find-missing-son/
Andrews family did make an appeal to the gay community for information. They said they wondered if he was gay and was struggling with it at the time. A 2014 survey found 44% of young LGBT people have considered suicide. That's a troubling possibility, However i think Andrew was planning to meet up with someone that day. It easily could have been a predator he met online.

I was considering that angle and I'm glad to see this article, thank you.

I am still baffled by this case. Where are you Andrew? Are you safe?

This was my feeling too. It is possible he was promised a lift back hence not buying a return ticket.

Ive always felt with this case the answer lies somewhere closer to home. My gut feeling is that Andrew met up with someone he knew.

I agree with this. I think sometimes we overthink scenarios, e.g. thinking it must have been someone on the internet, even though he didnt really have that much internet access, so the truth is, it probably had nothing to do with the internet.

Ive had a few thoughts re this, and going on the above basis, that it was someone closer to home, who is the one person a 14 year old kid trusts, almost as much as their Mum and Dad? A teacher. I did a quick google search for "Doncaster paedo teacher" and at least 4 names came up on various links, and that was just on page 1. All convicted after 2007. And they were only the ones that were caught.

I wonder how much investigation was done into the whereabouts of all teachers at his school that week. And more importantly, did any of the above 4 teachers have any links with Andrew, even at his primary school? They would only have had to have had to have crossed paths for a couple of years for that trust to be built. Its easy to see a scenario where Andrew bumps into an old teacher, gets talking about museums (or some other interest) that he's still not visited, and the teacher saying he/she's down in London that week so he should come down, and they'll give him a lift home

That would explain away the lack of clothes, the lack of PSP charger and also the non-purchase of return train ticket. If this was the scenario, then a teacher saying it was ok to bunk off a day, might also have given him the confidence to do it, as Andrew wasnt the kind of person to do that. Could that teacher even have told Andrew they'd be able to cover off Andrews absence? The school would have needed a note from his parents as to why he was off.

I do believe Andrew planned to come home that day. If he didnt, not taking additional clothing makes no sense at all. I also believe he would have left some kind of note.

Yes it was out of character, but I really believe that he was so certain of coming home that day that he didnt feel he needed to tell his mum and dad anything, and by the time he was back, they wouldnt even know he'd gone.

Just a few thoughts anyway.

I think the teacher theory is an interesting one. I would certainly hope that the police did extensive checks on teachers and staffs backgrounds and on absenses that day.Andrews trip to Kings Cross certainly seemed planned it was not a spontaneous action.If Andrew was meeting up with someone he must have been asked to kept quiet about there plans because nobody at the school,his friends or his Perents had any idea where he was going. That suggests to me he must of trusted this person a great deal.

I just don't buy the fact that he just decided to up and leave. Based on the lack of possessions (taking no clothes at all, no PSP charager), I can't help but think he was meeting up with someone in London. Whether it was someone online (he could have been talking to them via his PSP by using PlayStation Online Network) or someone he knew in Doncaster, I just keep leaning towards this scenario. Unfortunately I can't find a link to this but I do recall Andrew's dad saying that Andrew had walked home from school for the two days leading up to his disappearance, instead of taking the bus and the journey from the school to his home was a good few miles. I remember his dad saying that this could possibly have been because Andrew was preparing himself for when he ran away but I believe he had met up with someone on these occasions. Either way, it really is a puzzling case.

I hate that there isn't much attention for this case on websleuths and in general, really. This case should have been solvable yet here we are 8 years later with no closer idea to what happened to this young man and this is the one case I cannot keep a theory I feel definitively about one way or another. I so hope he is alive. He matters to so many people..

I think it's about time they had a crimewatch appeal on this case.it may jog people's memories and give the police some new leads. One other thought a witness who sat next to Andrew on the train sayssays he was using his portable PlayStation.if he was meeting someone he may of actually been talking to them online on the train arranging where to meet.

I agree, if Madeline McCann can have renewed vouched efforts every year or so, why can't Andrew? His father Kevin has gone on to do so much good for missing people, he truly is one of my heroes and I so wish for an end for his nightmare.

I'm assuming the family have thought about paying for a full page advert in a newspaper like "The Sun". Whatever you think of the paper is neither here nor there. Millions of people read it, and if he is still alive and living in this country, someone must recognise him?

Maybe the newspaper doesnt do that sort of thing, but money talks, so I'd be surprised.

I agree, if Madeline McCann can have renewed vouched efforts every year or so, why can't Andrew? His father Kevin has gone on to do so much good for missing people, he truly is one of my heroes and I so wish for an end for his nightmare.

This. A millions times. Kevin really does so much for so many families, I wish his would get some answers to their questions.

I'm assuming the family have thought about paying for a full page advert in a newspaper like "The Sun". Whatever you think of the paper is neither here nor there. Millions of people read it, and if he is still alive and living in this country, someone must recognise him?

Maybe the newspaper doesnt do that sort of thing, but money talks, so I'd be surprised.

Maybe you could write to someone as The Sun? I don't read it but like you say many do. I am sure Kevin has tried everything and anything. But you never know..
The Big Issue has had a spread a few times for the UK Missing Charity that's featured Andrew and his mother.

Sadly, I think it's somewhat fruitless as I truly believe Andrew would have contacted his family in some way by now if he was still alive. As much as it hurt my heart to type that, I don't think he could of missed all of the coverage and not reached out, too his sister in the very least.

Somebody out there knows something.14 year old boys don't just vanish into thin air.I'm convinced the answer to what happened lies closer to home.

Somebody out there knows something.14 year old boys don't just vanish into thin air.I'm convinced the answer to what happened lies closer to home.

Care to share your theory? Any dialogue on Andrews case is good dialogue. We need more members to chip in! Like you said, 14 year old boys do not just vanish without a trace or anyone seeing anything, especially in central London.

Care to share your theory? Any dialogue on Andrews case is good dialogue. We need more members to chip in! Like you said, 14 year old boys do not just vanish without a trace or anyone seeing anything, especially in central London.

My gut feeling on this case is that Andrew met up with someone he knew and trusted.As far as we know he never told or hinted to anyone where he was going.Why was that? I mean obviously he wouldnt tell his perents he was planning to bunk off school but why not tell a friend. I suspect whoever he met up with told him not to tell anyone which suggests again someone he trusts.According to a witness on the train Andrew was on his portable playstation thoughout the train journey i believe he was talking online to the person maybe arranging exactly where there going to meet.This is just a theory but ive always believed Andrew met up with someone he knew well.

I also think the fact he didnt ask for a return ticket could also be a significant clue. If he was meeting up with someone not buying a return ticket could suggest he believed hed be taken home by this person which means he was meeting up with an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa