Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

I actually think it's important to know what happened (when possible) because this (men on a night out ending up in water) happens far too often.
Yes. But it seems almost impossible to know which ones are accident, suicide or even foul play if there's no CCTV.

I think in this case the phone clue is telling though, if he did turn it off.

ADMIN WARNING:

Bickering posts have been removed. If something starts up, options are to use the Ignore feature, scroll and roll, and Report.

Any more bickering in this thread (both initial posts and responses) will result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

I am not the most tactful in these situations so forgive my articulation. I am incredibly sad that AK has been found deceased and my thoughts are with his Family/Loved ones and Friends. To be honest I don't think there is ever clousure. Yes you can lay a loved one to rest but there will always be questions once the questions are answered satisfactuly at that point Loved ones, Family and Friends can start moving on. I really think they will have a lot of questions once Anthony is laid to rest.

My Personal Opinion Only
RIP AK and sincere condolences to Family/Loved Ones and Friends

MingyMoo

Once a deceased missing person is found is it the norm for the police to remove their previous website and social media updates ?

Dreadfully tragic news, but as heartbreaking as it is for his fiancé and family at least she can lay him to rest and not spend forever not knowing...

I’m sure the inquest will throw up some reasons why/how he lost his life in the river, but it’s still a mystery

Was he heading towards the train station or Waitrose/Tesco , I wonder?
He seems to have been seen walking alone around Lewes since leaving the pub for 1:45 hours....some CCTV picked him up

It seems such a long time to walk around “lost” without asking for directions...

Nope. Opposite direction. The bridge (and in fact the whole river) is away from and beyond anywhere that Anthony would have needed to go. That's why it's so strange he ended up in the water.
What is it with men out drinking,they always seem to find the nearest body of water to fall into?
I do not mean to be flippant but as you said his pub crawl was nowhere near the river.
Every few weeks, sometimes more often, this happens...

What is it with men out drinking,they always seem to find the nearest body of water to fall into?
I do not mean to be flippant but as you said his pub crawl was nowhere near the river.
Every few weeks, sometimes more often, this happens...

I know... they're usually younger and it's usually much later at night when the streets are quieter. This is why it's all a bit strange because at 7:30pm there would have been people everywhere and he must have walked past several businesses with CCTV plus buses, dashcams etc.

If the post-mortem shows the CoD was drowning I guess we'll probably never know how or where he ended up in the river.

I’ve just caught up with the news. Very sad, but not unexpected, but glad he has been found because he was lost to the sea. My thoughts are with Lucy, his children, the rest of his family and friends. R.I.P. Anthony.

I was just surprised to find all police info immediately removed..even the news updates from the police website..but if normal not odd then
There's a statement on Sussex Police website stating that a body believed to be him was found.

There's a statement on Sussex Police website stating that a body believed to be him was found.

Yes I meant the previous news bulletins..there were 2 earlier ones

An update has been put on the Crowdfunding page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back