UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

"While police were searching McKellar’s house, he also admitted knowing there were two illegal handguns in his attic.

He said they belonged to a previous occupant who had since died.

McKellar pled guilty to that offence and was sentenced to 300 hours community service at the High Court in Glasgow."

"Police investigating the discovery of a dead golden eagle got a warrant to search 50-year-old Tom McKellar’s house and found the illegal pesticide Carbofuran in a bag in his porch.

They also found a dead fox, which had been poisoned, and a sheep carcass laced with carbofuran.

A Webley revolver and a Browning pistol were also recovered

Following the searches, McKellar pleaded guilty at Oban Sheriff Court in April to possessing carbofuran.

He also admitted, during an appearance at the High Court in Glasgow in November last year, four charges relating to the illegal possession of firearms.

McKellar was later sentenced to 300 hours of community service for these offences."

wow

Fair enough and thanks for the additional information.

Community service seems pretty lenient if all above is true.

I hear auch estate is changing anyway? Surely they'll move on and try and create new life for themselves.

Can't imagine the new owners being too impressed

Both men deny murdering Mr Parsons. A trial, expected to last about nine days, will take place in July.

It is alleged Alexander McKellar struck Mr Parsons while driving under the influence of alcohol, seriously injuring him.

Prosecutors claim the men then assaulted him with "wicked and reckless disregard" for the consequences.

Both men deny murdering Mr Parsons. A trial, expected to last about nine days, will take place in July.

It is alleged Alexander McKellar struck Mr Parsons while driving under the influence of alcohol, seriously injuring him.

Prosecutors claim the men then assaulted him with "wicked and reckless disregard" for the consequences.
The details are even worse than I imagined. How awful for the family to hear this. Sounds like they’ve gathered a lot of evidence.

The details are even worse than I imagined. How awful for the family to hear this. Sounds like they’ve gathered a lot of evidence.
It is all horrible but to also (allegedly) steal money from this good man,:mad: is beyond 'insult to injury', imo.

''The McKellars allegedly got rid of the bike and personal items and it is claimed they also stole £60 from Mr Parsons' wallet.''

Last edited:

"[Alexander McKellar's] KC Brian McConnachie denied the murder charge on his behalf, but offered to plead guilty to one of the driving offences and a much-reduced attempt to defeat the ends of justice."

Interesting, offering to plead guilty to a driving offence. Apart from being an admission that they were at least there that night, is this Alexander accusing the other brother of hitting and murdering Parsons?

"[Alexander McKellar's] KC Brian McConnachie denied the murder charge on his behalf, but offered to plead guilty to one of the driving offences and a much-reduced attempt to defeat the ends of justice."

Interesting, offering to plead guilty to a driving offence. Apart from being an admission that they were at least there that night, is this Alexander accusing the other brother of hitting and murdering Parsons?
Does this mean hes admitting to hitting him but not murder? And/or lying/Burying body on estate?

I'm not sure what the difference would be between defeating and perverting course of justice (the lesser charge)

Pardon my ignorance, but am I right in thinking, if you're pleading guilty (admittedly to lesser charge/but doesn't death by dangerous driving also now have life?) And then for the prosecution to deny it, surely means they've got a lot on them for the police/Crown to be pressing for trial ?

How could they know they spent the 60? I know a minor detail from the horror of it all, but how could they prove that. Don't understand that detail. Unless they have bank transactions from him that day taking out £60 and then whoever gave the police (barman/witness who knows) said that precise number for corroboration?

Apologies if that's a stupid question.

I'm glad it's not too far away for those involved as that poor family have suffered through so many years as it is. Are public post covid allowed to attend this at high court (glasgow) don't know if that's true, just repeating previous comment.

So much to this we don't know it seems. How they even got warrants all these years later to search/arrest back first time round, if it was just the story of close member to the family (could be nonsense but most agreed likey scenario locally).

For murder in Scotland it can be charged on grounds of wild/wicked behaviour etc total lack of regard to outcome of consequences etc. Is that the general opinion? Because accused were reportedly high/drunk therefore their actions of hitting someone constitue murder ? Or would the murder charge be cos there's something on PM which isn't in keeping with RTA?

Hope they get a proper sentence. Not one of these "life sentence" and parole given in 8 years etc

Tony Parsons was the case that first led me to this website so thought I would come back and have a look to see if there were any more updates. I can't believe what I have just read over the last page. That is even worse than when I first heard he had been run over. My heart breaks for the poor man all over again. And his poor family. I hope the perpetrators get sent down for life, never to see daylight again. Although they don't deserve anything other than the death penalty. I just hope Tony is resting in peace.

Tony Parsons was the case that first led me to this website so thought I would come back and have a look to see if there were any more updates. I can't believe what I have just read over the last page. That is even worse than when I first heard he had been run over. My heart breaks for the poor man all over again. And his poor family. I hope the perpetrators get sent down for life, never to see daylight again. Although they don't deserve anything other than the death penalty. I just hope Tony is resting in peace.

Yes, a shocking tale. That was a missing person mystery that took a good long while to unravel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back