Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #4 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why he would have owned a LH drive vehicle? No reports of him spending time in Europe and maybe bringing it back with him?

Yes there was. He had spent time in Spain and bought the car there. Sorry, can't find the link now.

That and the fact that he sobbed and shook his head in court are the reasons I think her death was not intended and was somehow an accident. Negligent homicide, manslaughter - imo.

If that was true he should have the manhood to tell police where the poor little pet is.
Instead of behaving like a big sook and feeling sorry for himself.

A carseat cover in camouflage maybe. They make them per ebay & sell them, google too. If it's a coat it appears small. I just did a search. I'm not sure what that is in the picture yet.

You can see the seat behind whatever it is, still looks like a camo backpack or gear bag to me. Sitting up too well to be a jacket.

Kidnapped usually means a person taken and detained and ransom demanded. Abduction is to take illegally and detain, usually for sexual purposes. (Aussie law)

Abduction also is not always against the victim's will. For example, if someone is a friend of a 15yr old, and the 15yr old says "I don't like living with mum & dad can I come and live with you?" and you let them (even with good care and their own room) without their parent's permission, that is abduction.

Carpe, I think of him not caring if he abducted a child & is yet to be told. I think the kids were wise to him & parents were just finding out about him, possibly. 2 weeks, a month or whatever since their breakup, his ex gf may hold an answer or one of them in town. I don't need to know. I only hope that he is sentenced for life or forever, whichever comes first.

Same here, we drive on the right hand side of a road. You drive left hand side to me. LH vehicles are an oddity here or rare. I see them every weekend in my town, usually collector items, some are rare.

The UK is very close to Europe mainland where they drive RH. It is not uncommon to spend time over in France or Spain or Holland, Germany, etc, to work or for a vacation. Many have relatives there. I think you probably see relatively more RHD vehicles in the UK than in the US.

A carseat cover in camouflage maybe. They make them per ebay & sell them, google too. If it's a coat it appears small. I just did a search. I'm not sure what that is in the picture yet.

There also seem to be some green plastic sacks in the back ...

I am, of course, wondering if it could be forensic tests on what was found in the vehicle that led to the decision to bring a murder charge.

Carpe, I think him not caring if he abducted a child is yet to be told. I think the kids were wise to him & parents were just finding out about him, possibly. 2 weeks, a month or whatever since their breakup, his ex gf may hold an answer or one of them in town. I don't need to know. I only hope that he is sentenced for life or forever, whichever comes first.
If, he is guilty.

I am, of course, wondering if it could be forensic tests on what was found in the vehicle that led to the decision to bring a murder charge.
That wouldn't stick without blood evidence. It was said that April was in MB's vehicle 2 days prior to her abduction.

Ive never heard of a case where someone wanted revenge against someone and killed their child.

Although not proven, there's the Elizabeth Johnson case. In 2009, aged 23 she lived in Arizona, and was in a custody battle with her partner. After being granted joint custody of her son, Gabriel, she left Arizona and went to Texas. She phoned her partner and said she'd killed Gabriel (8 months old) and put him in a dumpster. She blamed her partner for "making her do it" because he had "talked to other girls". She was later arrested in Florida and taken back to Arizona where she is currently on trial for kidnapping. She retracted her statement of killing her son and said she had given him away for adoption to a couple in San Antionio. Baby Gabriel has never been found. She has not (yet) been charged with murder. All that said, there is evidence that she has a violent background. There is a thread on here under the Trials section. Sorry I don't know how to link. Her trial resumes on Monday.

Abduction also is not always against the victim's will. For example, if someone is a friend of a 15yr old, and the 15yr old says "I don't like living with mum & dad can I come and live with you?" and you let them (even with good care and their own room) without their parent's permission, that is abduction.

Child Abduction Act 1984
Section 2 - Offence of abduction of child by other persons
Section 2(1) provides that, subject to section 2(3), it is an offence for a person, other than one mentioned in section 2(2), to take or detain a child under the age of sixteen so as to remove him from the lawful control of any person having lawful control of him, or, so as to keep him out of the lawful control of any person entitled to lawful control of him. without lawful authority or reasonable excuse.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/37/contents

Article from 3 Oct with a bit more info.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-friend-begged-1357238

The best friend of snatched April Jones begged her not to get into the van in which she was driven off by a kidnapper.

As police and neighbours last night continued the hunt for the missing five-year-old, an RAF search and rescue helicopter was scrambled to a “very specific *location” at short notice with police on board.

Officers were also quizzing a 46-year-old man who was arrested yesterday in the town where April was abducted.

Do you know Mark Bridger? Ring us free on 0800 282 591
Mum-of-two Vicky Fenner told how the two close friends had been playing together when the kidnapper struck.

The 25-year-old added: “The two girls went out together and we’ve been told by the seven-year-old that April got into a vehicle parked behind the garages.

"It was wet and cold and the other girl told April not to get into it. But April said: ‘It’s all right, I know them’.

“I think the girl was the only person who was with April. She is the last person to see her.

“I was told April was in the same vehicle two or three days ago. On that occasion three children got into the vehicle but one girl is denying it.”

April’s friend said she climbed into a left-hand drive van willingly. ....

Makes sense to me. They took the car on Tuesday and by Friday morning the arrest on suspicion of murder was made. They openly said they were fast tracking forensic tests on the car - a couple of days to get the results back maybe? ITV Jon Clements seemed to have the view that there was something found in Mount Pleasant, however other reporters were hedging their bets on that. I don't think I've seen anything definite but that's no surprise - I wouldn't expect it to be announced. Suppose it could be either, both or something else completely.

And this..
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-parents-have-pink-1376745
By Adam Aspinall 13 Oct 2012 02:28

April Jones' parents paid a late-night visit to a local tattoo parlour to have pink ribbons etched onto their bodies as a permanent mark of their love for the little girl.

The pink ribbon has become a powerful symbol of the hope in Machynlleth that a miracle could still happen and ribbons of all sizes adorn every inch of the quiet mid-Wales town.

Rob Williams, 35, designed the tattoos for April’s parents and admitted it was a moving moment applying them.

He said: “I have known Coral and Paul for years and they have been in here before to have tattoos done.

Well this is my first post.
I lived about 12 miles from Machynlleth until 2 years ago. At that time there were CCTV cameras through the town and I even had a conversation with a local LE officer who told me how useful they had proven to be in the past. So if MB in fact did abduct AJ and turn right from the estate he will be on camera, unless he turned left and took the mountain road to Llanidloes.
For MB to have a firearms licence and maintain it, he would have had an interview with a local firearms officer, will not have a criminal record for violence etc. When he moved he would have informed the firearms officer. It is a serious offence failing to do so. Also before he was granted a licence in the first instance, almost certainly his GP would have been contacted as to his mental state. I gained my licence when I lived in Wales, I have no criminal record, my accountant was contacted (for reference) as was my GP, plus I had to satisfy the firearms officer that I had genuine reasons for wanting one.
I am an ex garage owner and from the reports of MB driving erratically in the press I can confirm the issues are consistent with hydraulic clutch issues. To drive the vehicle the 5 miles to the garage with hydraulic clutch problems he would need to start the car in gear and change gear at certain revs to avoid crunching gears and no he would not want to stop for other road users for obvious reasons. he would possible know how to do this as he was an ex mechanic.
I don't know at this stage whether I feel he is guilty or not I will reserve judgement until I see the evidence.
The LE are under pressure to get a result and I just hope they are not putting all their eggs in one basket, so to speak.

“I was told April was in the same vehicle two or three days ago. On that occasion three children got into the vehicle but one girl is denying it.”

If that is true I wonder what happened that day when three children were in that same vehicle. Did they drive somewhere? Did they play a game? Did the person (MB?) try to gain their trust? Did some inappropriate happen?

Maybe police have questioned those kids and found out more about MB and his behaviour with children, which would in part explain why the judge said "many children" will testify at the January hearing. Maybe this had happened not only once or twice but more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420