Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #4 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
If MB was the culprit, his car difficulties may have deterred him from risking a long journey, plus I agree with whoever said he likely disposed of the body in the early am (close to home).

And maybe even on foot as search parties and police were moving about the village and a car would have drawn more attention than someone sneaking around the fields in the dark, unseen.

If the witness child had been a little younger, I might be thinking that she simply confabulated (unintentionally invented an event to rationalise something) to explain to herself why April was there at one point in her memory and then not there later. Ie she remembered seeing children get into a vehicle and being taken somewhere other times she had been playing with them, and them getting into the vehicle was a manner by which they were no longer with her.

In fact I don;t think my own sequencing of events was totally contiguous until I was about 11. I certainly remember confabulating at 10. I had a best friend who moved house and I never saw her again. Some weeks before this, she had decided to tell me for dramatic effect that she was worried she might have a brain tumor. Nothing more was said about that, but for some reason I had it in my mind for years ever since that she stopped coming to school because she died of the brain tumor, and most of my life I felt guilty that I had never bothered to go to her home and see her when she was sick. That is until I refound her on friendsreunited and put that version to her. In conversation that ensued, I gradually recovered the memories of going to her house to try and play and being sent away by her parents because they were all too busy packing to move. For some reason it all translated in my childish mind to something more exciting/horrible. And it was the brain tumor version I would have put to anyone asking me for an account, because I genuinly believed it to be true.

Didn't the elderly neighbour report seeing the vehicle driving up and down the street, then park near garages, also seeing the children playing one minute, and then gone?
Some MSM said that April's playmate ran and told the adults straight away after she got into the vehicle.

And maybe even on foot as search parties and police were moving about the village and a car would have drawn more attention than someone sneaking around the fields in the dark, unseen.

Someone whose most recent job was with forestry commission.

I think a left hand drive vehicle would stand out to all people in a country, especially to the children in Wales. It does me only opposite in the US. I'm trusting what the children have to say nails him and hopefully, never hear anyone doubt them because they are children. Children do know stuff. Give them a chance & they will tell you. jmo[/QUOTE

I think the little girl was probably spot-on.
Police have appealed for information about a blue, left-hand drive, Land Rover Discovery belonging to Mark Bridger - the 46-year-old charged with the murder of April. Officers said the vehicle was recovered from a repair garage in the Old Station Road area of the town.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19683031

Same here, we drive on the right hand side of a road. You drive left hand side to me. LH vehicles are an oddity here or rare. I see them every weekend in my town, usually collector items, some are rare. I don't think MB had a new one. Some speculate it was due to insurance or being sold cheaper than RH vehicles, I've read.

Checked in just now to see if this sweet little girl's been found. Heartbreaking that she hasn't, and my heart goes out to her family and everyone who loves her.

From the start, I've been bewildered by the suspect having abducted her in front of another child, who presumably could identify him or his vehicle, and why he didn't care about that.

Tragic, all around.

Maybe he did not even know what his intent was, initially.

Unfortunately it is done more often than people realize. Though usually a parent who kills a child or children to punish a spouse or lover, it would be IMO easier for someone to kill a child NOT his own. It happened to a friend of mine back in the 90s. Her father was angry at his ex wife and took my friend and her siblings (younger brother and sister) to a remote beach area and shot all three. He then set fire to the family van. Police found him hiding in brush and he shot himself when the police were coming to arrest him. My friend was 8 years old and a sweet and loving friend. Local townsfolk and classmates were shocked. Angry people can become monsters in the most heinous manner. While it is possible for the perp to have done this, I do not know if he did. None of us know his motive, but killing for anger is a possibility.
The culprit was aware of his heinous crime and killed himself. MB, is still alive. Good point about relationships, I wonder if CJ was ever linked to MB?

Anyone know why he would have owned a LH drive vehicle? No reports of him spending time in Europe and maybe bringing it back with him?

I've only read that his vehicle was made in Spain...don't know if that's true or not. <rsbm>

I'm just trying to figure out why he would have owned a LH drive vehicle. <rsbm>

Only report I have seen is this one

THE Olive Press is investigating Spanish links to the man charged with the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones.

Mark Bridger, 46, is said to have lived and worked in Spain for a number of years according to an Olive Press source.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...investigates-mark-bridger-spanish-connection/

Is it possible that tears might be worse depending whether they're tears of remorse or self pity?
What about tears of innocence and the shock of seeing your life flash before your eyes? A lot of innocent people will cry because they feel bullied when accused of something they haven't done.

Not to mention the expense of gas for traveling such a distance.

Here is what bothers me: I have this lovely little notion in my head that LEO from the U.K. are the best in the world. This probably stems from my appreciation for PBS detective shows(although I haven't owned or watched television in years) and from having seen an episode of cops which was filmed in the U.K.. I was very impressed to see the police handling a potentially explosive situation without immediately whipping out a gun. But that is beside the point.
What I am getting at here is that this lack of apparent evidence, mind you this does not mean they have nothing solid, reminds me of the Sierra LaMar case. In her case, the police also told the public she had been murdered. The evidence thus far has been pretty weak in my opinion. Once again, they may have evidence that has not been revealed to the public. They have stated that the fact that Sierra has not used social media nor contacted anyone since her abduction, the presence of her DNA in the vehicle driven by the suspect, as well as his DNA in her purse and on the clothing found in the bag, substantiate the claim that she has been murdered by the suspect.
I have a much more logical theory to explain all of the above. Does that matter? Not really, since most people have already convicted this person in their minds, rather than waiting for all of the evidence to be presented in court. In both situations, the face of evil was forced upon these individuals after the fact, given the general perception of them as "normal" or "nice" men prior to the accusations.

I am not a bleeding heart advocate for violent criminals. I just want to ensure that the people removed from the ranks of humanity are actually the guilty criminals and dangerous individuals. If the real perpetrators are not apprehended, they are still free to continue with their vile acts.

That is why I don't jump on the lynch mob bandwagon.

I also think that our police are among the best in the world, and the most thoroughly and appropriately trained :) We don't accept any dodginess, scandals or controversies at all from our public institutions, so police etc are under a huge amount of pressure to be perfect. We expect heads to roll for the slightest unprofessionalism - and that's why our police are generally so good :) (There are some problems, but on the scale of things we have much less issues than other police forces.) In this case, I am absolutely 100% trusting that they have very good reason to charge him, and the lack of information is simply because the don't want to jeopardise the conviction. All we need to do is retain an open mind. I feel that most people (certainly on this forum) are waiting for answers and the truth, rather than baying for his punishment.

The culprit was aware of his heinous crime and killed himself. MB, is still alive. Good point about relationships, I wonder if CJ was ever linked to MB?

If you look at other forums that aren't restricted there is discussion about it.

There also this

Neighbours said he was a former soldier who had worked as a lifeguard, a welder, and at a slaughterhouse. He had two vehicles, one of which was a left-hand drive Land Rover Discovery made in Spain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...dger-on-night-five-year-old-went-missing.html

If the media is to believed, we know he worked as a lifeguard at the Mach leisure centre in 1990 for 9 months. We also know he split with wife JW in 1992. The Landrover is an L reg vehicle which in the UK would mean 1993. Perhaps he went to Spain after his marriage broke up idk - pure speculation.

This is what you are use to in the UK.
jimny_interior.jpg

US lefthand drive

left-hand-drive-cars.jpg

Cruising south on the street all he had to do was call April's name and she knew she could hop in on the right side. I'd find that amusing if I were a kid. Calculating too by MB. Just speculating.

Supt Ian John: I'll do anything to bring April Jones home

Supt John said: “I am a parent myself and I will do everything I can to bring April home.”

The 48-year-old, who has two grown-up children, said: “I won’t make firm promises I can’t fulfil, but I will do everything I can to do it.
He concedes: “We are looking for a body. Everybody tries to shy away from that inevitability because you want to be sympathetic to the family.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...ing-to-bring-april-jones-home-55578-32024275/

It's important though, that at the time Roma and others were searching houses including bins, etc. they were most probably expecting to find the child alive. The word 'kidnapped' was the one being used here at that time. (Interesting to compare to the almost instant call of 'abduction' of the McCanns.)

Hi jigzy! Can you explain what is the difference between those two terms, kidnapped vs abducted? I always thought they were synonyms. (non-native english speaker) Thanks! :)

Hi jigzy! Can you explain what is the difference between those two terms, kidnapped vs abducted? I always thought they were synonyms. (non-native english speaker) Thanks! :)

Kidnapped usually means a person taken and detained and ransom demanded. Abduction is to take illegally and detain, usually for sexual purposes. (Aussie law)

A carseat cover in camouflage maybe. They make them per ebay & sell them, google too. If it's a coat it appears small. I just did a search. I'm not sure what that is in the picture yet.

From the start, I've been bewildered by the suspect having abducted her in front of another child, who presumably could identify him or his vehicle, and why he didn't care about that.

That and the fact that he sobbed and shook his head in court are the reasons I think her death was not intended and was somehow an accident. Negligent homicide, manslaughter - imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frogstronaut