Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #4 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting:

http://www.channel4.com/news/manhunt-for-missing-five-year-old-april-jones

We have heard conflicting reports of the movements of the parents and April in relation to the parents evening. I haven't read this one before:

"A family friend said April, her sister and their mother Coral had just returned from the girls' school when April's mother went inside to make tea. 10 minutes later, he said, April was missing."

No mention of P. I wonder if he was still at the school, perhaps engaged in conversation with 'someone'. ??

Maybe I'm wrong, but I recall that the council said that both parents had indeed attended the parents evening. So who came home first...C, A and sister, or P?

Jmo

The person quoted in this article is an acquaintance of mine. She helped search local homes in Machynlleth at the time when the public involvement in the search was very intense. People were descending upon the town offering to help, and the searches were being coordinated by local people directed by the LE.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2012/oct/02/april-jones-missing-five-live
"Roma Morgan, a lecturer from Aberystwyth, was on a day off so decided to join the search. She joined a team going door-to-door in Machynlleth, asking to look in sheds, bins, gardens, even attics. “People were fine – they were happy to let us into their houses.”

From what I've read the search team have left no stone unturned so far.
They have skilled searchers who know the rugged area and RAF on standby including Prince William. What more can they do.
A search spokesman said he was concerned that volunteers with babes in arms were out searching. People came from long distances too until the volunteers were stood down. It was/is an incredible effort.

Interesting:

http://www.channel4.com/news/manhunt-for-missing-five-year-old-april-jones

We have heard conflicting reports of the movements of the parents and April in relation to the parents evening. I haven't read this one before:

"A family friend said April, her sister and their mother Coral had just returned from the girls' school when April's mother went inside to make tea. 10 minutes later, he said, April was missing."

No mention of P. I wonder if he was still at the school, perhaps engaged in conversation with 'someone'. ??

Maybe I'm wrong, but I recall that the council said that both parents had indeed attended the parents evening. So who came home first...C, A and sister, or P?

Jmo

P may have still been at parent's meeting? he has another child from previous relationship who is primary age.

As regards MB's 'history': "Ben Edwards, 22, said Mark Bridger, 46, had rifles and handguns mounted on his wall. Mr Edwards said the older man told him the weapons had been “made safe” and showed him a firearms licence for a rifle he kept in a box."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

How likely is it that a person with 'history' would be granted a firearms licence?

On a related note, if MB does have a firearms licence and had recently moved then I imagine that he'd be legally required to re-register the weapon with local LE. If so, it's possible that local LE would have paid him a visit to ensure that the firearm and ammunition could be stored securely at the new site. If he did re-register a weapon at the new address then why were local LE looking for him at his old address?

Could you enlighten us on UK rules for issuing of firearms licence, i.e. would any previous crim history preclude issue, or only relevant history (violence related etc)
As you say, MB had recently moved, MSM said 2 weeks ago after break up of relationship with VF. Another report said he was evicted from previous house because landlord found him keeping chickens inside the house. (probably relevant to nothing but I don't know anyone who keeps chooks in their home)

Agree, but he could also have travelled just 10/20/50 miles in that time, Snowdonia national park is only 27 miles away.

Just to clarify, Snowdonia National Park is much closer than that - Ceinws, where MB was living, is in the National Park.

However, it doesn't sound as if his car was in good enough shape to drive any great distance.

Could you enlighten us on UK rules for issuing of firearms licence, i.e. would any previous crim history preclude issue, or only relevant history (violence related etc)

A licence cannot be granted to anyone who has served a prison sentence of three years or longer. There are a lot of other conditions, but many of these are down to the discretion of individual police forces.

It doesn't sound like MB's vehicle was in too good a shape from what I've read. But like in our home, during or after a trip, it can breakdown at the worst of times even if it's new... I so hope he didn't get far during times unaccounted for.

A licence cannot be granted to anyone who has served a prison sentence of three years or longer. There are a lot of other conditions, but many of these are down to the discretion of individual police forces.

That sounds pretty lenient to me...seeing how prison terms are kind of lenient there, in my opinion.

Nor me. If there was such anger wouldn't they have directed it at something material? Slashing tyres, throwing eggs, even badmouthing etc. Rather than abducting/taking the life of an innocent child?

Unfortunately it is done more often than people realize. Though usually a parent who kills a child or children to punish a spouse or lover, it would be IMO easier for someone to kill a child NOT his own. It happened to a friend of mine back in the 90s. Her father was angry at his ex wife and took my friend and her siblings (younger brother and sister) to a remote beach area and shot all three. He then set fire to the family van. Police found him hiding in brush and he shot himself when the police were coming to arrest him. My friend was 8 years old and a sweet and loving friend. Local townsfolk and classmates were shocked. Angry people can become monsters in the most heinous manner. While it is possible for the perp to have done this, I do not know if he did. None of us know his motive, but killing for anger is a possibility.

That sounds pretty lenient to me...seeing how prison terms are kind of lenient there, in my opinion.

It has to be seen in the context of a country in which gun ownership (and gun crime) is rare - well under 1% in urban areas such as London. Ownership is higher in rural areas, with Dyfed-Powys having the highest rate in the country, but the vast majority of these will be shotguns owned by farmers.

There is a lot of talk of blood and blood stains. It is unusual to kill a small child by stabbing, normally they are smothered or drowned. The most likely effluents under this situation would be vomit, urine or faeces.

Referring to comments about lynch mob, he may have saved himself from the worst public hatred by crying in court. There is nothing a lynch mob hates more than a stoic defendant.

There is a lot of talk of blood and blood stains. It is unusual to kill a small child by stabbing, normally they are smothered or drowned. The most likely effluents under this situation would be vomit, urine or faeces.

Referring to comments about lynch mob, he may have saved himself from the worst public hatred by crying in court. There is nothing a lynch mob hates more than a stoic defendant.

I mentioned possible blood stains as an example of a type of evidence, depending upon the amount, that could show that a person could not have survived, as I have read about such cases. Usually if child is killed in a manner that causes large amounts of blood, it is by a parent or caregiver, so I agree with you; it was just one example.

However April died, I try to believe that it was as quick and painless as possible, but if the motive turns out to be sexual, that probably was not the case.

Checked in just now to see if this sweet little girl's been found. Heartbreaking that she hasn't, and my heart goes out to her family and everyone who loves her.

From the start, I've been bewildered by the suspect having abducted her in front of another child, who presumably could identify him or his vehicle, and why he didn't care about that.

Tragic, all around.

Is it possible that tears might be worse depending whether they're tears of remorse or self pity?

Checked in just now to see if this sweet little girl's been found. Heartbreaking that she hasn't, and my heart goes out to her family and everyone who loves her.

From the start, I've been bewildered by the suspect having abducted her in front of another child, who presumably could identify him or his vehicle, and why he didn't care about that.

Tragic, all around.

Tragic, and puzzling.

It doesn't sound like MB's vehicle was in too good a shape from what I've read. But like in our home, during or after a trip, it can breakdown at the worst of times even if it's new... I so hope he didn't get far during times unaccounted for.

Anyone know why he would have owned a LH drive vehicle? No reports of him spending time in Europe and maybe bringing it back with him?

If the witness child had been a little younger, I might be thinking that she simply confabulated (unintentionally invented an event to rationalise something) to explain to herself why April was there at one point in her memory and then not there later. Ie she remembered seeing children get into a vehicle and being taken somewhere other times she had been playing with them, and them getting into the vehicle was a manner by which they were no longer with her.

In fact I don;t think my own sequencing of events was totally contiguous until I was about 11. I certainly remember confabulating at 10. I had a best friend who moved house and I never saw her again. Some weeks before this, she had decided to tell me for dramatic effect that she was worried she might have a brain tumor. Nothing more was said about that, but for some reason I had it in my mind for years ever since that she stopped coming to school because she died of the brain tumor, and most of my life I felt guilty that I had never bothered to go to her home and see her when she was sick. That is until I refound her on friendsreunited and put that version to her. In conversation that ensued, I gradually recovered the memories of going to her house to try and play and being sent away by her parents because they were all too busy packing to move. For some reason it all translated in my childish mind to something more exciting/horrible. And it was the brain tumor version I would have put to anyone asking me for an account, because I genuinly believed it to be true.

I've only read that his vehicle was made in Spain...don't know if that's true or not. Also reports that he lived in Spain at one time but I follow too many cases when I can so don't take my word for it if that's been vetted or not.

A vehicle made like ours are in the US, all little April had to do if he was going the south on the street ( I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) was to hop into what is the passenger side. The passenger side would be the closest empy seat next to the green if she ran up to him. He's might have been pretty calculating. jmo

I think a left hand drive vehicle would stand out to all people in a country, especially to the children in Wales. It does me only opposite in the US. I'm trusting what the children have to say nails him and hopefully, never hear anyone doubt them because they are children. Children do know stuff. Give them a chance & they will tell you. jmo

I've only read that his vehicle was made in Spain...don't know if that's true or not. Also reports that he lived in Spain at one time but I follow too many cases when I can so don't take my word for it if that's been vetted or not.

A vehicle made like ours are in the US, all little April had to do if he was going the south on the street ( I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) was to hop into what is the passenger side. The passenger side would be the closest empy seat next to the green if she ran up to him. He's might have been pretty calculating. jmo

I'm just trying to figure out why he would have owned a LH drive vehicle. When you are used to RH drive, the opposite is difficult enough when you drive in a country that is LH drive, let alone in UK where it isn't. That's what is making me think it could be a vehicle he already had in another country then brought back to UK.
What you say is what is confusing some people, that April was reported as getting in the driver's side, but if it was LH drive, it was the passenger side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000