GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

I’ve been looking into this funeral stuff, well as much as I can. I’ve been trying to find where the information that Arthur hasn’t had a funeral came from. This could be just another speculative rumour, because what I can find is it started after people donating to the fundraiser to get Arthur a memorial brick at BCFC. I want to point out fund raising for Arthur started within days of the news of his death being public. There is nothing anywhere that confirms or denies that he’s had a funeral.

I’m going to be blunt, look away now if you don’t want to read about what happens to a body after death.

There is only so much refrigeration and/or embalming can do to preserve a body. Embalming is not that common here. But even embalming doesn’t completely stop decomposition, neither does refrigeration. This is why most funerals aren’t too long after a person dies. Its not good to hold on to bodies any longer than strictly necessary.

Wouldn't that be karma !
I don't believe that would ever happen but as we know child killers are loathed in prison and she's also a child killer of a fellow prisoner, she's not going to have an easy time that's for certain. With the overwhelming evidence against her to take this to trail was incredibly stupid on her part. All the extra publicity this has brought her she's really going to be a massive target especially for those with nothing to lose. I can't see her surviving long tbh.

Here we go, quote from TH's cross-examination by ET's barrister

Ms Prior asks when his baby with Tustin was due.

Hughes: "I didn't know I never saw the pregnancy test. I was never told of any doctor's appointments, midwife appointments. I was told I don't care, I have a perfect son in Arthur."

Ms Prior says he knew very well Tustin was eight weeks pregnant and that he had spoken about it in texts to her.

Hughes admits he 'didn't do anything' to find out what happened to his baby, saying his priority was arranging a funeral for Arthur.

Ms Prior concludes her cross-examination.

Murder accused 'prioritised their needs' over boy's 'basic needs', court told

Mixed with some people being under the belief you can’t have a funeral until after trial, I think some are just assuming.

I think it’s more likely he was laid to rest in a private service.
I know relevant samples are retained, but not generally the whole body. Even if the defence had been wanting a second opinion that would have been completed before trial.

I want to go back to another point about the defence, defendants must submit a statement of defence outlining the argument they will present in court. So both TH and ET knew the gist of each other’s argument before they took the stand. If not QCs would have been up in arms (like Goddard in Stars case during FS evidence). Certain details said on the stand might not have been included in the statement eg the abortion.

Tustin has been painted as a 'wicked, evil, cold and manipulative, vile woman', her barrister tells the jury
Ms Prior tells the jury:

Emma Tustin has been spoken at, talked at, talked over and questioned in a way where the answers, you might think, were for the most part completely irrelevant to the tactics and techniques being used to demonstrate, as they have been throughout this trial, that she is a wicked, evil, cold and manipulative, vile woman."

She acknowledges that 'emotions are inevitably high' in this case.

Ms Prior says her speech will explain things from Tustin's point of view adding:

So much important to her has been lost in a sea of anger, emotion and unfortunate comments."

Arthur 'knew he was going to die' and 'no-one listened', says Tustin's brief
Ms Prior argues Arthur 'knew he was going to die' from as long ago as when he was five years and one month old and was 'expressing his worries that his dad will kill him'.

She points to Thomas Hughes and Joanne Hughes visiting Arthur's school to discuss their concerns, the visit to the GP and the visit to CAFCASS.

Ms Prior says:

When Arthur was six years, four months old he still knew he was going to die, he was saying 'dad is going to kill me', saying 'dad is going to throw me out the window', 'dad is a c***', dad doesn't like him.

He was describing his fears. He was describing them for well over a year and nobody, nobody listened to Arthur. Not the school, not the GP, not the officers, not his family. No-one listened."

Ms Prior points to Hughes going to the neighbour saying 'ignore it if you hear Arthur saying don't kill me, I'm not hurting him, he has problems'.

The barrister states the day before Arthur died Hughes was heard threatening to kill him.

She reminds the jury Catherine Milhench and Tobias Jarman heard Hughes saying 'I'm going to rip your head off and use it as a football, I'm going to bury you in the garden'.

Ms Prior: "He was going to die and he was going to die because Thomas Hughes was in charge of Arthur's life and Arthur's life consisted of nothing other than misery."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184
Back