GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

All she’s doing is attacking TH, not defending ET? She doesn’t seem like she’s doing a very good job. If anything she’s making ET look worse. And bringing TH all the way down with her. Not that I’m complaining!
I cant wait for Mr Richmond.
It seems Prosecution isnt necessary any more.
They will both drown one another.
What an end to the love story that started in Plenty of Fish!

Last edited:
I don't get why TH rang the doctors and school worried about his eating, the day before Arthur died, as if he was concerned? And seemed upset when he passed called Arthur 'his world'.

He is a very strange man, I'm not making excuses at all and I think he should go to jail, but I don't understand him.

This was a child crying out for love, affection and attention'
Ms Prior says by the end of April things 'got completely out of hand and became worse and worse and worse'.

She argues if Tustin wanted to lie, she would have claimed Arthur was upstairs in the children's bedroom and not in the hallway.

The barrister says Tustin instead decided to tell the 'ugly, unpleasant truth' that he was in the hallway for up to 14 hours.

Ms Prior states some of Arthur's behaviour would have been annoying to someone with OCD, but adds it was not his fault.

She says: "

This was a child crying out for love, affection and attention and he was getting none, literally none.

It became all too easy for her to write him out. That's what she did. She wrote him out. She isolated him because she couldn't cope. Why couldn't she cope? She's a limited human being."

Tustin 'trapped in a house with a man who knew exactly what buttons to press'
Ms Prior reminds the jury of Tustin's background, including the fight she had aged 14 with another girl, the shoplifting aged 16, the allegation she was sexually abused by her mother's former partner as a child, the fact she was a victim of domestic abuse, the fact she had her first child at 17 and the second at 20.

She says: "Having had a poor example of parenting all the way, domestic violence, discovering her dad wasn't her dad, she brought those two kids up. There is no criticism of her.

"She can cope with stress but she was left on her own, her mental health deteriorated. She decided she couldn't do it anymore and jumped from the sixth floor of a multi-storey car park. Even that has been used against her."

Ms Prior states Tustin 'should have died' in the fall but managed to rebuild her life and have two more 'lovely' children who she brought up without any concerns being raised about her parenting.

She asks how, having gone through what she has gone through, Tustin 'ended up where we are now?'

Ms Prior adds: "John Dutton told you Emma needs to be loved, needs to be in a relationship. It doesn't matter how bad. And this was bad.

"With anxiety and depression during lockdown she was trapped in a house with a man who knew exactly what buttons to press as and when required. He kicked the door off the hinges, punched a hole right through the door."

Hughes was 'never concerned for Arthur', says Ms Prior
Ms Prior continues: "Read the messages with care, she's regularly asking him 'please come back', 'please help', 'I can't cope', 'I'm crying', 'I'm broken', 'please take him back to his nan's'.

"She was saying again and again 'what do you want me to do with him?'."

Ms Prior says, in reply, Hughes told her to 'end him', 'finish him' and 'take his jaw off' but she did not do any of those things.

Ms Prior tells the court by May/June time Arthur had been headbuted, held and slammed up against a wall, grabbed by his arms, assaulted and had a foot placed on his stomach by Hughes, according to his own admissions in his interviews with police.

She mocks Hughes' notion Arthur had an ego aged six and says he crushed it by lying to Arthur he would be taken back to his nan's home, ripping up his football shirts and ignoring him.

Ms Prior argues Hughes was never concerned for Arthur and points to the fact on June 13 he texted Tustin trying to seduce at 5pm when the children were in the house.

"The noise, the cruelty was not stopping him getting an erection," she adds

I don't get why TH rang the doctors and school worried about his eating, the day before Arthur died, as if he was concerned? And seemed upset when he passed called Arthur 'his world'.

He is a very strange man, I'm not making excuses at all and I think he should go to jail, but I don't understand him.
I think it was an act. With the concern about his eating I think he was attempting to cover his own back to explain why Arthur was so thin, because if he had gone back to school they would of noticed.

I think he felt he had to contact the school, in case they sent someone around to the house to check on him or insisted on a zoom or something. School suggested he contact the GP for advice with eating, TH couldn't even remember what the GP advised him. TH turned it into a food issue, like some sort of eating disorder. So disingenuous. IMO . He might not have known about the salt but he went along with withholding other nutritious foods, and plain water, from Arthur.

Oh my....oh the nerve!

"she was alone when there was the lockdown."
Yes. Pretty much like the rest of us.
"she had no skills to cope with the kid"
So you are an adult. Do some adulting like ask for help. No need for murder.
"She has mental health problems"
As so many of us do. Most would not ever torture a child.
"Her partner was annoying"
Well, yes, sometimes they are.

I can't believe the things they refer to.
Those statements just most likely get everyone even more angry and so annoyed. There really isn't any factors that I've heard that really matter in the outcome. The mental health one irritates me, as I've been around so many different people with severe traumas and personality disorders and have struggled myself too when young, and it has nothing to do with this. nothing reduces the responsability at all in this case. IMO

edited a typo

Last edited:
Ms Prior says it's a 'shame' no-one 'bothered' to test the sandwich she made for Arthur on June 16
Ms Prior argues that for Arthur to have been poisoned with salt he would have had to have been deprived of water, which she says Hughes controlled.

She states it is a 'shame' for Tustin that no-one 'bothered' to test the sandwich she made for Arthur on June 16 which was left on the side.

Ms Prior reiterates that Tustin does use salt to alleviate pain and pressure on herself adding: "She comes from a family who cannot afford to be suited and booted when they come before you. Salt is a well-known course of medicine. Her mother did it, her grandmother did it."

Moving on to the events of June 15 and 16 she says Hughes' account of what happened with the slipper was a 'farce'.

Ms Prior then questions why Tustin would intentionally poison and kill Arthur in the hour-and-a-half window she had before her own two children were due to come back through the door with Hughes.

'She says she didn't do anything to cause Arthur to die'
Ms Prior says 'thrashing yourself around can be a fit or temper tantrum'.

She tells the court to ignore everything Tustin said happened between 1.30pm and 2.30pm on June 16 and instead watch the living room footage of her actions and read her text messages during the period.

Ms Prior states some of the bruises on Arthur's head could have been self-inflicted and some could have been inflicted on a previous day.

She says the shaking motion could have been as little as two to three seconds.

Ms Prior says:

She says she didn't do anything to cause Arthur to die. That's her case. She is not a stupid woman. She knows all of the medical evidence is against her, again and again and again it has been pointed out to her. She is not an idiot.

She knows what it shows. Yet she says to you 'I didn't, I didn't'. Even if you reject that there's still decisions for you to make."

And just to add my humble opinion:
these are two equally dangerous and evil people. I think there is so much evidense on both, that they just are both to blame for all of it. I hope they can juggle a conviction as long as possible for both.

She tells the court to ignore everything Tustin said happened between 1.30pm and 2.30pm on June 16 and instead watch the living room footage of her actions and read her text messages during the period.

This is interesting. Ignore everything she said because she kept changing her story!!!

This is interesting. Ignore everything she said because she kept changing her story!!!
yes, her counsel didn't know where to start with that! :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11