GUILTY UK - Bennylyn Burke, 25, & her 2 daughters (1 found alive), Kingwood, 17 Feb 2021 *arrest*

I kind of feel bad for his lawyer. They'll have told him that his fantastic tale doesn't even nearly meet the threshold for insanity yet they have to go along with it. What's the point anyway? Does he think Carstairs Hospital is a holiday camp?? *snort* As said above, slam dunk.

Something that unnerves me about this, and I know it’s perhaps not directly relevant, is Bennlynn’s relationship with Mr Burke.

To be clear, I don’t think Mr B is in any way complicit to this crime, particularly as his diligence in reporting the pair missing allowed for A.I. to be caught.

But I was shocked to find out that he is 65. Then I read into it some more and (I’ll link the article in a bit, but I think it’s one of the DM ones that’s been posted above) it turns out they met online in 2015. Bennlynn would have been 19 at that time. I’m not trying to make assumptions, but it really doesn’t sit right with me.

To reiterate, I am not accusing Mr B of anything, and in fact I’m commending him for reporting Bennlynn and Jellica’s disappearances (and was the second child reported missing again?). But Bennlynn seems to have faced a lot in her short life. I mean, she was in emergency housing, and not living with her husband/sponsor/father of her child. She didn’t seem to have anyone looking out for her. My heart breaks at that. Looking at the photos, she just radiates love for her beautiful baby girl. May they both rest in eternal peace

Btw; is anyone else finding the coverage of this case severely lacking? It’s a major, horrific crime, but I’ve not seen it mentioned on the UK news. It’s not on the BBC app or website homepage. It did make the Scottish news last night but besides that all updates seem to be gleaned from tabloid websites, and the info given is very piecemeal

Btw; is anyone else finding the coverage of this case severely lacking? It’s a major, horrific crime, but I’ve not seen it mentioned on the UK news. It’s not on the BBC app or website homepage. It did make the Scottish news last night but besides that all updates seem to be gleaned from tabloid websites, and the info given is very piecemeal
I feel like the details are so grim that publications might be waiting til it's all over to print a summary. Plus there's no doubt he did it so there's no 'guilty or not guilty' suspense. (Except in his own mind.)

36 years. Perfect. He’ll die in there.

Edit: If he were younger it wouldn’t be enough though. For me, with crimes like this, life needs to mean life.
As I understand, Scotland doesn’t have whole life sentences. This would certainly be a case where it would be warranted in my opinion and also in my opinion, that sentence would have been handed down in England.

While 36 years is a long time, some people live to 100. The surviving family have to deal with parole hearings, and not just forget about the evil killer who is left to rot. The killer meanwhile could enjoy a couple of years of freedom after crimes of this nature. There should be no chance of Innes ever being released, I totally agree.

Innes had joined 34 dating sites, including one called Filipino Cupid - which Bennylyn had also joined to seek companionship.
Police later discovered that Innes had compiled a spreadsheet of data harvested from the site.
It graded women according to their age, height, weight, and if they had children.
His "top scores" were women in their mid to late 20s with young children.
This was how he met Bennylyn.

Innes had joined 34 dating sites, including one called Filipino Cupid - which Bennylyn had also joined to seek companionship.
Police later discovered that Innes had compiled a spreadsheet of data harvested from the site.
It graded women according to their age, height, weight, and if they had children.
His "top scores" were women in their mid to late 20s with young children.
This was how he met Bennylyn.
Literally makes my blood boil with rage

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa