Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. First time im looking at an English case. My wife is originally from Norwich, would it be plausible that Bernadette could be found out towards Norfolk. The times I've travelled from there past Peterborough there's plenty of dense areas and bush land. Hopefully she is found soon.

Hey all. First time im looking at an English case. My wife is originally from Norwich, would it be plausible that Bernadette could be found out towards Norfolk. The times I've travelled from there past Peterborough there's plenty of dense areas and bush land. Hopefully she is found soon.
Welcome :) !

Anything is possible but I think it's quite interesting that in most of the cases I've followed people with a body to hide tend to stay within a radius of about 20 miles of where they live. I can't back that up with any literature but it's just an observation I have stored in the back of my brain over the years and miriad of cases I've followed. Perhaps it's to do with comfort, intimate knowledge of places where it would be possible, and also cutting the time one is actually travelling around with a body that could be discovered at any moment by something unexpected happening. Those are my thoughts on the matter, not to be taken as fact.

After you've passed through Peterborough, heading east on the A47, you're immediately in the Fens. A really flat area of England that was swamp several hundred years ago, or probably a bit more. Seemingly very rural, eery to some, it's easy to imagine successfully disposing of a body out there. My friends and I would joke about it on the way to college in Wisbech. About thirty seconds out of Peterborough on the A47, towards Thorney, is one of the areas that was searched recently.

yes, and theres a few quarries out towards Thorney too. were they searched? bodies of water in the quarries. i suppose there would be plenty of residue under vehicle they were in to give that away though

ADMIN NOTE:

If you aren't sure if something is allowed, please check The Rules first. If it's still not clear then ask a Mod or Admin BEFORE posting it.

Mods and Admins can't possibly sit in each of our hundreds of threads 24/7 to read posts in real time, watching for someone to maybe say something to them. IOW, we don't see things like "Mods please delete if not allowed".

Mods don't even know a question exists for us unless someone Reports on it. If you've posted something against The Rules and we don't know it, that post may be up for days and generate numerous responses (and responses to responses). By the time we become aware of it, we may have to review 20+ pages of posts to find all the responses ... all because someone didn't ask or didn't let us know.

Please use the Report feature. It exists to get our attention !!

Thank you.

Last edited:
yes, and theres a few quarries out towards Thorney too. were they searched? bodies of water in the quarries. i suppose there would be plenty of residue under vehicle they were in to give that away though

They were searching very close to the quarry area in the photos, but didn't specify. I'd be amazed if they didn't though.

So, I'm new here, could someone give me a quick recap?
*Bernadette went missing late July of this year.
*Parents appealed for her to come home.
*A couple of weeks into August her parents were arrested, two days apart, for her murder. No body though.
*Searches for the body have taken place around rural Spalding / Cowbit, the outskirts of Peterborough, and in a row of garages in Peterborough.
*Parents had a court hearing a few weeks ago. Mother weeped whereas the dad stayed silent.
*No one has a bloody clue what happened.

*A couple of weeks into August her parents were arrested, two days apart, for her murder. No body though.
*Searches for the body have taken place around rural Spalding / Cowbit, the outskirts of Peterborough, and in a row of garages in Peterborough.
*Parents had a court hearing a few weeks ago. Mother weeped whereas the dad stayed silent.
That made me chuckle then choke when I read your last line. :D:D:D

Is there anything to explain why the parents are being charged for her murder? I read some of the articles listed in the beginning of the thread and I also looked for updates but nothing really new. Thanks for the recap.

Is there anything to explain why the parents are being charged for her murder? I read some of the articles listed in the beginning of the thread and I also looked for updates but nothing really new. Thanks for the recap.
No, we get trinkets of information from social media but we're not allowed to talk about them on here. I forgot to mention the police search started at the family home. No one knows what evidence the police have but they they constantly affirm to be sure of her murder. Then in the next sentence they'll say they wish for her safe return. If you have questions about anything specific just ask away.

No, we get trinkets of information from social media but we're not allowed to talk about them on here. I forgot to mention the police search started at the family home. No one knows what evidence the police have but they they constantly affirm to be sure of her murder. Then in the next sentence they'll say they wish for her safe return. If you have questions about anything specific just ask away.
No, nothing specific in mind. I just wanted an outline on the current status of the case and all but you've clarified it up so thx :). I just hope they find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500