Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that was the date, she apparantly was last seen.

Sarah said: "We have had no contact with her since 1am on July 20, when she texted me to say she would be home soon. None of her friends have heard from her and she's not accessed social media."

How would she know that? Please delete if not allowed

That thought hadn't occured to me, but the way it's worded is very telling isn't it? I'm not sure when Sarah wrote that, but presumably police wouldn't have been able to confirm that she hadn't accessed it by that point. It would have made more sense to say 'she hasn't posted on social media and her friends haven't heard from her'

I know on WhatsApp and Facebook you can see when a person was last active if they have that turned on.
I agree, even when you turn off when you were last active, it still highlights when you are online. I have used this very technique when my teenage (now adult) daughter has been out of contact and it’s unexpected. I also use it as a way of checking she has arrived at work safely and arrived home, as guarantee she nips online when she arrives at work (before starting) and before she starts driving home. I don’t read much into her saying she knew she hadn’t been active, if it was my child-that’s one way I would have been watching to see activity, the same as SW.
Ps to any young ones- this is how we keep you safe without the nagging!!!!

I think it is valid usage if say, she was in a hurry or had been arguing. I take it to mean she made a swift exit. I don't find it 'odd' in the least. I have certainly heard it used, and read it in novels - by British authors.

Yes, maybe not by everyone, but certainly a term widely used! Someone calls to meet up, "okay I'll jump in the shower", as opposed to if it's your every day routine "I'll have a shower". Getting a lift off someone "I'll get out at the end of the street", doing errands in a hurry "pull up at the end of the street and I'll jump out". I don't know if I've explained that well but jump is used for entering or exiting if you intend to do it quickly

Regarding the parents' reference to BW may have a black dress and fishnets to change into...as they were 'missing'....(although subsequently found under her bed), was part of the narrative that was spun.... probably to deflect attention away from the parents and to imply B was heading to someone somewhere...and to gain more time to get their stories straight.

That's the most suspicious comment I ever heard. She seems to have quite a wardrobe, I don't know anyone whose fashion is fishnets to only have one pair, how would you notice a pair missing? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member