Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest does anyone here live close to Peterborough? I'm desperate to get searching for this poor girl but it doesn't seem like anyone else wants to join me or is to far away

there’s a few of us from posh here and we would all be happy to help, however personally it’s like a needle in a haystack. The best bet is that he’s buried her, as that would leave some minor trace that you may stumble across by luck.

If he’s just left her in the open or in the waters around here, then I am afraid the window for finding her is long gone. You may one day find something, but probably not.

let us know the dates and we can see what can be arranged. The best bet is he confesses to it and she may be discovered.

Armchair detectives ? Am i digging jy hole bigger ? Some are not in this country and most not in Peterborough.

That's fair enough!

I only stumbled across this website when looking for information, and it definitely has been more informative than any news report that I had come across so I am really appreciative of everyones help with whats not and is helpful!

Definitely interesting website, I haven't yet looked at any other cases but I certainly will when I get a chance

there’s a few of us from posh here and we would all be happy to help, however personally it’s like a needle in a haystack. The best bet is that he’s buried her, as that would leave some minor trace that you may stumble across by luck.

If he’s just left her in the open or in the waters around here, then I am afraid the window for finding her is long gone. You may one day find something, but probably not.

let us know the dates and we can see what can be arranged. The best bet is he confesses to it and she may be discovered.

Thank you! I agree best bet is that he confesses but it takes a real evil person to kill a member of their family in the first place, especially a young girl so will he allow her to have a proper burial and lay to rest? I can't imagine it unless they offer some sort of deal that works out he benefits from it in some way,

I've gone through with some others on possible burial locations, is the potential window of burial when ScW was parked in Ulsdale way? can't work out if he left just his phone there or both phone and car and walked but the 2 hour 13 minute slot there seemed to be the best time I could see,

If that is the case somewhere within 30 minute drive of that area without passing any significant cameras would be the best places to check, I've saved some of the locations on my phone to look over,

Whenever is absolutely fine, I'm free most of the time, just have my little one to worry about as wouldn't want her there incase anything is stumbled across, generally can sort childcare out easily within a day or so,

I do worry that in 2 weeks is that the case and final verdict given? if evidence was found by the general public between now and then could that benefit the case? which is why I'm trying to get out as soon as possible

Honestly at this point I can not say 100% that I believe he killed her on the 18th, even the courts can't say which day it was because they have the murder charges for on or after July 18. What is the possibility he kept her alive, restrained in a way she cannot escape? I'm just trying to think of a scenario where they would last see her alive but she be dead now? Like restrained in a wheelchair thrown into the sea. Or left on the ledge of a bridge with her hands and feet tied. I know it sounds crazy but were dealing with people who killed their own child, they obviously don't have a normal thought process. I can't help but to feel that they left her in a predicament she couldn't survive but they didn't see her die. I just feel there would be more forensics if she was killed or if her body was placed in the car or lock up. I just wish we could know if/when Sarah confronted Scott bout the allegations. Sarah def seems like the person to call you infront of the person to confront you on something you said and no victim would admit it with them there. He obviously had to have known she made the allegations for him to kill her right? Hmm.. sorry just thinking out loud and seeing if anything I'm saying would make sense to you guys...

Thank you! I agree best bet is that he confesses but it takes a real evil person to kill a member of their family in the first place, especially a young girl so will he allow her to have a proper burial and lay to rest? I can't imagine it unless they offer some sort of deal that works out he benefits from it in some way,

I've gone through with some others on possible burial locations, is the potential window of burial when ScW was parked in Ulsdale way? can't work out if he left just his phone there or both phone and car and walked but the 2 hour 13 minute slot there seemed to be the best time I could see,

If that is the case somewhere within 30 minute drive of that area without passing any significant cameras would be the best places to check, I've saved some of the locations on my phone to look over,

Whenever is absolutely fine, I'm free most of the time, just have my little one to worry about as wouldn't want her there incase anything is stumbled across, generally can sort childcare out easily within a day or so,

I do worry that in 2 weeks is that the case and final verdict given? if evidence was found by the general public between now and then could that benefit the case? which is why I'm trying to get out as soon as possible

it’s likely to lead to the case being suspended if a body was discovered, as that would be instrumental in proving guilt or innocence.

I honestly think an aerial drone will be the only chance as you may see clothing or a disturbed undergrowth that would narrow down a vast area to a dozen or so areas of interest

Honestly at this point I can not say 100% that I believe he killed her on the 18th, even the courts can't say which day it was because they have the murder charges for on or after July 18. What is the possibility he kept her alive, restrained in a way she cannot escape? I'm just trying to think of a scenario where they would last see her alive but she be dead now? Like restrained in a wheelchair thrown into the sea. Or left on the ledge of a bridge with her hands and feet tied. I know it sounds crazy but were dealing with people who killed their own child, they obviously don't have a normal thought process. I can't help but to feel that they left her in a predicament she couldn't survive but they didn't see her die. I just feel there would be more forensics if she was killed or if her body was placed in the car or lock up. I just wish we could know if/when Sarah confronted Scott bout the allegations. Sarah def seems like the person to call you infront of the person to confront you on something you said and no victim would admit it with them there. He obviously had to have known she made the allegations for him to kill her right? Hmm.. sorry just thinking out loud and seeing if anything I'm saying would make sense to you guys...
It did cross my mind that she was taken to the lockup, kept alive until SaW and ScW were there later in the day and she told them she would tell the police. ScW then returned and either killed her in the lockup or took her on a drive in the early hours of the 19th, dug a hole, then killed her and stuck her in it.

But then I think it fits better that he's killed her the first opportunity he has after picking her up, conceals the body somewhere, perhaps the lockup in a suit case or sleeping bag. Phones SaW and tells her BW is dead. They were both there that night - ScW showing SaW the body and SaW saying goodbye. Then ScW goes out in the early hours of the 19th, digs the hole and puts her in it. Back to the lockup to change clothes and clean himself up. Both out the next night creating the false trail and chucking BW's phone in a lake or river.

It did cross my mind that she was taken to the lockup, kept alive until SaW and ScW were there later in the day and she told them she would tell the police. ScW then returned and either killed her in the lockup or took her on a drive in the early hours of the 19th, dug a hole, then killed her and stuck her in it.

But then I think it fits better that he's killed her the first opportunity he has after picking her up, conceals the body somewhere, perhaps the lockup in a suit case or sleeping bag. Phones SaW and tells her BW is dead. They were both there that night - ScW showing SaW the body and SaW saying goodbye. Then ScW goes out in the early hours of the 19th, digs the hole and puts her in it. Back to the lockup to change clothes and clean himself up. Both out the next night creating the false trail and chucking BW's phone in a lake or river.

I agree with you I think that’s what happened, but do you think when scW out on the 19th from reading the timeline he spent those 2 hours at ulsdale way from what I can read walking 8 steps , do we think he’s hidden his phone in the street got back in his car and driven to do the burial or do you think he parked his car up got out and walked?

Just came across a post in Help me find my sister. Sarah's friend has said Sarah has asked for a lie detector but has been declined. Hahaha, why would they give someone who has admitted to lying a lie detector ? Wow, she really is odd.

That group is doing more harm than good IMO. Feel terrible for AW, he needs impartial support but is continually gaslit by the numerous ' flying monkeys '

It just took another turn, back to ' positive posts only ' ... poor lad must be wondering which way is up! :(

I agree with you I think that’s what happened, but do you think when scW out on the 19th from reading the timeline he spent those 2 hours at ulsdale way from what I can read walking 8 steps , do we think he’s hidden his phone in the street got back in his car and driven to do the burial or do you think he parked his car up got out and walked?
I think ScW hid his phone in the hedge (the 8 steps) in the car park of the Harrier or Spar on the north side of Uldale Way then crossed the A15 roundabout in his car and up Gunthorpe Road towards Newborough. My gut is telling me she's buried by the side of a good farm track that does not link with farm buildings and is a good distance away from houses (at least a couple of hundred metres). Barnoak Road off Drain Road would be the kind of location I would choose in the dark and rain. There's also been flytipping at the Drain Road end (you can see this on Google Streetview) suggesting it's an ideal location to avoid being seen being naughty. It's a sufficiently good track that you could probably drive it slowly without headlights. There was an 8% moon so dark but not completely so and it was heading towards dawn.

I think there's a lot pointing to her body being disposed of on the 20th, which is unexplained if ScW disposed of her on his own on the 19th.

1. the 5 minute stop off at the lock-up first. if not to pick up the body then what were they going there for before setting off for Cowbit? the phone seems unlikely because that was switched off and therefore not detectable, she hadn't been reported missing yet so no one was looking for Bee's phone, and it's very easily hidden whereas a body is not.
2. Sarah pretending she was asleep. She's admitted sending messages and there's nothing more incriminating in those final messages than in the others she's admitted.
3. Sarah and Scott keeping their phones turned off after they'd disconnected Bee's phone and travelled to a different area.
4. the unaccounted one hour and 15 minutes after passing the camera at Glinton before they get home, with no purpose as regards Bee's phone messages.
5. neither one of them can accuse the other of doing it without their participation, it's an insurance for them not turning the other over to police.
6. it means that Scott's trip out on his own on the 19th was preparation, reducing the time they would need to bury the body on the 20th, in line with actual time out.

If it was a water disposal there was no need for two night trips, with phone diversions, with each trip being a chance of being connected with the crime and spotted on cameras.

Going with the 20th, and a burial as opposed to water, I think the search area can be narrowed down -

In the hours that followed both parents travelled to a remote area of Cambridgeshire near Cowbit, on the A16 near Spalding and the A1175 near Market Deeping."

Police enquiries of records of the areas show that from October 2019 until that date, Scott Walker’s silver Mercedes never travelled on these roads to Cowbit,"

So it rules out that he travelled that route the night of the 19th.

His car was captured going south on the A15 near Glinton and there was still another 1.25 hours before they would get home. If he was heading for west of Glinton (towards Helpston) he would have turned off the A15 before he was spotted on the camera at Glinton. So probably not heading west.

If he turned onto Werrington Parkway he'd have been heading for built up areas and too close to home, which makes it unlikely.

That only leaves continuing on the A15 after Esso at Glinton.

I think Newborough doesn't make sense because again they could have turned off the A15 before Esso.

That only leaves continuing on the A15 and either going south of where they live or changing onto the A47, to Eye Green or Thorney.

That's where I'd put my pin in the map. I don't know these areas but just looking at google maps, perhaps Eye Green Nature Reserve, or the woodlands near Cat's Water via Nipcut Rd or Bukehorn Rd?

JMO

Last edited:
I think there's a lot pointing to her body being disposed of on the 20th, which is unexplained if ScW disposed of her on his own on the 19th.

1. the 5 minute stop off at the lock-up first. if not to pick up the body then what were they going there for before setting off for Cowbit? the phone seems unlikely because that was switched off and therefore not detectable, she hadn't been reported missing yet so no one was looking for Bee's phone, and it's very easily hidden whereas a body is not.
2. Sarah pretending she was asleep. She's admitted sending messages and there's nothing more incriminating in those final messages than in the others she's admitted.
3. Sarah and Scott keeping their phones turned off after they'd disconnected Bee's phone and travelled to a different area.
4. the unaccounted one hour and 15 minutes after passing the camera at Glinton before they get home, with no purpose as regards Bee's phone messages.
5. neither one of them can accuse the other of doing it without their participation, it's an insurance for them not turning the other over to police.
6. it means that Scott's trip out on his own on the 19th was preparation, reducing the time they would need to bury the body on the 20th, in line with actual time out.

If it was a water disposal there was no need for two night trips, with phone diversions, with each trip being a chance of being connected with the crime and spotted on cameras.

Going with the 20th, and a burial as opposed to water, I think the search area can be narrowed down -

In the hours that followed both parents travelled to a remote area of Cambridgeshire near Cowbit, on the A16 near Spalding and the A1175 near Market Deeping."

Police enquiries of records of the areas show that from October 2019 until that date, Scott Walker’s silver Mercedes never travelled on these roads to Cowbit,"

His car was captured going south on the A15 near Glinton and there was still another 1.25 hours before they would get home. If he was heading for west of Glinton (towards Helpston) he would have turned off the A15 before he was spotted on the camera at Glinton. So probably not heading west.

If he turned onto Werrington Parkway he'd have been heading for built up areas and too close to home, which makes it unlikely.

I think Newborough doesn't make sense because again they could have turned off the A15 before Esso.

That only leaves continuing on the A15 and either going south of where they live or changing onto the A47, to Eye Green or Thorney.

That's where I'd put my pin in the map. I don't know these areas but just looking at google maps, perhaps Eye Green Nature Reserve, or the woodlands near Cat's Water via Nipcut Rd or Bukehorn Rd?

JMO
The only evidence for the 1.25 hrs at the end of the Apple Garage roadtrip on the 20th is SaW switching her phone on that amount of time after they were clocked on the camera near Glinton. It could be that they returned home directly to Century Square via Glinton and didn't immediately switch the phones on. Indeed ScW switches his on an hour after SaW does.

The only evidence for the 1.25 hrs at the end of the Apple Garage roadtrip on the 20th is SaW switching her phone on that amount of time after they were clocked on the camera near Glinton. It could be that they returned home directly to Century Square via Glinton and didn't immediately switch the phones on. Indeed ScW switches his on an hour after SaW does.
That's not what was reported.

“There was no recorded activity from any handset or the car until Sarah’s phone reconnects at 3.03am, and is in the location of the house in Century Square at 3.07am.“There is approximately an hour and 20 minutes of unexplained activity.”

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

It's way past my bed-time! Goodnight all.

That's not what was reported.

“There was no recorded activity from any handset or the car until Sarah’s phone reconnects at 3.03am, and is in the location of the house in Century Square at 3.07am.“There is approximately an hour and 20 minutes of unexplained activity.”

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

It's way past my bed-time! Goodnight all.
The evidence of the 'unexplained activity' on the 20th is the phones being switched off/airplane mode (12:43/4am) before passing the camera at Glinton (01:49am), which would be on their route home, until the first of the phones was switched back on (03:03am). That is the limit of the information. That does not rule out that they drove directly home from passing the Glinton camera and SaW did not switch her phone on/reconnect for another hour and ScW did not do the same for 2 hours. There is nothing to indicate that when SaW switches her phone on at 3.03am and is pinged in the location of her home at 3.07am that she had just arrived back home. There is a gap in the timeline but that doesn't mean it has to be filled with body disposal. It could be filled by being back home having a cup of tea and getting their story straight.

Last edited:
So I've come across this cool little app/website. It tells you how far you can go in x amount of minutes. 1 hr and a half so 90/2 I put 45 mins bc going there and back but that leave no time for anything but driving, but I think most of these kind of things only count basic speeds and Scott could've easily sped or took shortcuts so he very well could've of gotten this far and still had extra timing. Either way interesting to see approximately how far someone could go that far. I put Montagu Rd as where to start from as that alwys seems to be the place they leave from. Any locals know why it basically excludes the whole south as a possibility? lol. Are they such hard roads it takes way longer to go to that area or what? TravelTime Maps

I couldn't crop my SS but heres how far it says you can get in 45 mins

Attachments

• Screenshot (99).png
    Screenshot (99).png
    542.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

JMO

pedantic response: cowbit is in Lincolnshire. They keep describing it as rural Cambridgeshire and not helped by Tory gerrymandering now calling it “Peterborough central”.

i am thinking the same. I use the roads daily as I work in deeping, and his route suggests he was heading to Spalding. If he wanted to go to new borough or maxey or the other areas listed, he’s got better, quieter and closer roundabouts from his home before he reaches eye green. He’s also had to refill in Spalding and is being tracked in crowland moving too.

I still don’t think burial. He’s workshy, has a bad back, it’s dark, raining, he clearly doesn’t have a love for the girl (neither does the mum) and I honestly think she has been dumped somewhere. There’s a lot of slips by the mother in saying “in the open” when describing the girl running off or missing.

I also think it’s happened at lockup on the Sunday, hence how her bag accidentally ended up there without him knowing, and then the pair of them have finished the job on the cowbit trip.

the kings lynn trip is probably to get rid of his incriminating child abuse material or other stuff to suggest she had run off. The police were hopeless and clearly didn’t do their job properly either

pedantic response: cowbit is in Lincolnshire. They keep describing it as rural Cambridgeshire and not helped by Tory gerrymandering now calling it “Peterborough central”.

Not sure why you felt the need to mention politics, theres a sign about a hundred yards outside Stamford that says "welcome to Peterborough" its only been there about 35 years.
Going back to burial or water, anyone think that the tip is an option. Youd have to very little work to cover the body and the natural process of the place would take care of the rest. For those that don't know Peterborough its on the side of the city in question. The trips to Cowbit and Kings Lynn could have been for disposal of effects or simply a smokescreen. Just a suggestion.

The evidence of the 'unexplained activity' on the 20th is the phones being switched off/airplane mode (12:43/4am) before passing the camera at Glinton (01:49am), which would be on their route home, until the first of the phones was switched back on (03:03am). That is the limit of the information. That does not rule out that they drove directly home from passing the Glinton camera and SaW did not switch her phone on/reconnect for another hour and ScW did not do the same for 2 hours. There is nothing to indicate that when SaW switches her phone on at 3.03am and is pinged in the location of her home at 3.07am that she had just arrived back home. There is a gap in the timeline but that doesn't mean it has to be filled with body disposal. It could be filled by being back home having a cup of tea and getting their story straight.
The prosecutor has stated there is an hour and 20 mins of "unexplained activity". Prosecutors' words are crafted with care. She would not be saying that if it is feasible they were at home 15 minutes after Glinton, getting ready for bed, feeding the baby, or having a cup of tea with their phones off. Just as she said they both travelled to Cowbit and you doubted she could say that with certainty and it could have just been Scott with all the phones. Prosecutors don't mislead because if they do defence barristers always object (and in this case there are two defence barristers and juniors who will be assisting) and it is stricken from the court record so that the jury is not misled. There would be no 'unexplained activity' worth talking about because it wouldn't be a feature of the prosecution case that they were travelling around in their car up to no good having disabled their phones to avoid detection.

"In the early hours of July 20, phone data was able to place Scott Walker, Sarah Walker and Bernadette’s phones in the Cowbit area - but for an hour and 20 minutes, all the phones were turned off, and there were no camera sightings of Scott Walker’s car. Earlier in the week, when opening the case, Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said this time was an opportunity to dispose of Bernadette’s body." Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

Having been on a jury I can vouch for the fact that objections from both sides are constant, they are always hopping to their feet at the slightest wrong word or impression.

She said Sarah's phone was switched on at 3:03am and then connected to the home towers at Century Square at 3:07am. That is 4 minutes away from home travelling in a car, which, if they were going at 30-40mph, means it was switched on about 2 - 3 miles away from Century Square, at that time of night with no traffic. The court will have been shown a map of the cell towers and which towers were hit at 3:03am (triangulated). Her phone was actually disconnected for 2 hrs 20 mins, so it's only the last portion after Glinton that is unexplained.

Last edited:
The prosecutor has stated there is an hour and 20 mins of "unexplained activity". Prosecutors' words are crafted with care. She would not be saying that if it is feasible they were at home 15 minutes after Glinton, getting ready for bed, feeding the baby, or having a cup of tea with their phones off. Just as she said they both travelled to Cowbit and you doubted she could say that with certainty and it could have just been Scott with all the phones. Prosecutors don't mislead because if they do defence barristers always object (and in this case there are two defence barristers and juniors who will be assisting) and it is stricken from the court record so that the jury is not misled. There would be no 'unexplained activity' worth talking about because it wouldn't be a feature of the prosecution case that they were travelling around in their car up to no good having disabled their phones to avoid detection.

"In the early hours of July 20, phone data was able to place Scott Walker, Sarah Walker and Bernadette’s phones in the Cowbit area - but for an hour and 20 minutes, all the phones were turned off, and there were no camera sightings of Scott Walker’s car. Earlier in the week, when opening the case, Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said this time was an opportunity to dispose of Bernadette’s body." Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

Having been on a jury I can vouch for the fact that objections from both sides are constant, they are always hopping to their feet at the slightest wrong word or impression.

She said Sarah's phone was switched on at 3:03am and then connected to the home towers at Century Square at 3:07am. That is 4 minutes away from home travelling in a car, which, if they were going at 30-40mph, means it was switched on about 2 - 3 miles away from Century Square, at that time of night with no traffic. The court will have been shown a map of the cell towers and which towers were hit at 3:03am (triangulated). Her phone was actually disconnected for 2 hrs 20 mins, so it's only the last portion after Glinton that is unexplained.
The Prosecutor did not say that the phone was switched on 4 minutes away from home whilst travelling. They have not given location data for the reconnect or asserted that this was any number of miles from Century Square. That would be a very significant fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600