GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think they aren’t interested because they have had to limit the responses on their Facebook page to prevent a mis trial so they aren’t getting their likes and comments which are used to generate advertising

Yes, at one point they had set the trial posts to ' auto post ' at 5 or 6am. Of course the comments were left on then. I was forever having to message them to get them to turn them off!

Can hardly load an article, or it jumps all over because of constant ads, some which trigger malware warnings. And don't get me started on the £2 subscription.

Would happily pay WS that, especially if that little add would disappear... however, compared to the PT this little ad is manageable :D

I questioned PT about their reporting, or lack of. Got told that they can't report every witness, I asked why not? Got blanked. Considering it's a serious and local news story, they don't seem interested.

The Cambridge paper - who originally seemed were going to be covering this, then dropped out - the News, has done excellent court reporting jobs, so too the Hull Mail with cases like Libby Squire and Pawel Relowicz - both of whom reported all witnesses.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if there is a verdict today bearing in mind the amount of charges and two defendants.

I'd have thought tomorrow at the earliest but we live in hope...

I agree. And with no body it makes the element of possibility she is still alive more of a quandary. I think it may well go to next Monday.

I think they are both guilty of the lesser charges, but whether beyond all reasonable doubt I could find him guilty of murder if I were on the jury... I dunno. Tough call, and not an easy task for the jurors.

Yes, at one point they had set the trial posts to ' auto post ' at 5 or 6am. Of course the comments were left on then. I was forever having to message them to get them to turn them off!

Can hardly load an article, or it jumps all over because of constant ads, some which trigger malware warnings. And don't get me started on the £2 subscription.

Would happily pay WS that, especially if that little add would disappear... however, compared to the PT this little ad is manageable :D
It’s the spelling and lack of fact checking and broken links - they simply don’t give a <modsnip> so why should we buy the paper - they’ve banned me twice from their Facebook page today and deleted all my comments - maybe do your job properly then you wouldn’t get criticism- speaks volumes they delete comments and ban people

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are looking Monday and beyond, think we will be looking at a no unanimous verdict so on Tuesday directions for a majority verdict

Yes, I imagined a majority verdict scenario, but wasn't sure how long the jury would be given to try to reach a unanimous verdict. It's going to be a long weekend...

I think we are looking Monday and beyond, think we will be looking at a no unanimous verdict so on Tuesday directions for a majority verdict

Will hold you to that, m'lud!

You could well be right. I think if nothing is forthcoming tomorrow or there is no majority verdict, the 2-day reprieve is a good opportunity for jurors to reflect and assess.

When I was on jury service, we'd been sitting for two months and deliberating for three days. I don't think any of us or the judge wanted to come back again on the Monday. He accepted 10:2 after lunch on Friday and we all went to the pub (excluding the judge, who remained sober throughout).

What I find incredible, apart from the fact they were scheming together and lying to Bee, is that they even parked over the road from the police station when they had no intention of going inside!

Why did they do this? Maybe the answer is as simple as taking a photo to send Bee, but what on earth did it achieve? They still sent her to the grandparents telling her she was lying. :confused:

Was it supposed to show Bee was lying if she told anyone Sarah had threatened to kill her if she went to police? If Social Services investigated they could show a picture on a phone and hope they were believed with no police incident report?

It does show however that these two were already intent on perverting the course of justice, using their phone locations or CCTV to set up a false trail for a purpose we don't know. They are peas in a pod, a complete match for each other, no remorse, no regrets, I wouldn't even call it a sacrifice because there didn't appear to be a great loss or emotional upheaval involved. I can't get my head around people like this, so disconnected.
Snap chat location maybe ? Or locater thing on phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member