GUILTY UK - Brianna Ghey, 16, murdered in Culcheth Linear Park, Feb 2023 *2 teenagers charged*

It’s interesting how we all see things so differently. I was actually fuming reading his interviews. Definitely don’t feel sorry for him one bit, got the sense he thought he was smarter than police and really believed they’d buy into his “I thought it just a joke” nonsense despite being shown evidence of him arranging (twice) to murder brianna, taking his knife, and then feigning ignorance to her murder.. “holy crap, Jesus really?” At being told a girl had been murdered in the park.

It’s interesting how we all see things so differently. I was actually fuming reading his interviews. Definitely don’t feel sorry for him one bit, got the sense he thought he was smarter than police and really believed they’d buy into his “I thought it just a joke” nonsense despite being shown evidence of him arranging (twice) to murder brianna, taking his knife, and then feigning ignorance to her murder.. “holy crap, Jesus really?” At being told a girl had been murdered in the park.

I must not have been paying enough attention (or reading the wrong website; I was using Liverpool echo updates which are normally detailed) as I didn't see that evidence being presented to him during that interview, so I felt that, at that point, his claims were plausible enough - X's comments are so over-the-top that really I'd find it hard to believe them if I knew her, and would probably assume she was joking, or even roleplaying of sorts, so in that context, his messages being "just playing along" makes sense. It all falls apart when the forensic evidence comes out though, his knife, blood on his shoes... yep.

Yep. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. I am shocked anybody does. The pair of them are vile.
The only one I feel bad for is poor Brianna.

We have heard that Brianna's blood was found all over Boy Y's jacket and shoes as well as on his knife.

I may have missed it but was much blood found on Girl X's clothes? Did we hear if the clothes she wore had been washed at the time of her arrest?
There was reference to a washing machine with clothes in front of it in the arrest footage of Girl X:

'He points out a washing machine which is seen in the kitchen in the footage and items on the floor in front of it.

SS: “It appears to be clothes, from what I’m seeing right now. Can you remember what they were?”

R: “I can’t recall that right now.”

I don't think we've heard any more than that just yet, but we may hear more. I found this by searching 'washing machine' at the Liverpool Echo live feed.

ETA: this is from day 5, last Friday. R is PC Rigby, the arresting officer of Girl X

I must not have been paying enough attention (or reading the wrong website; I was using Liverpool echo updates which are normally detailed) as I didn't see that evidence being presented to him during that interview, so I felt that, at that point, his claims were plausible enough - X's comments are so over-the-top that really I'd find it hard to believe them if I knew her, and would probably assume she was joking, or even roleplaying of sorts, so in that context, his messages being "just playing along" makes sense. It all falls apart when the forensic evidence comes out though, his knife, blood on his shoes... yep.
This is exactly the point, I totally agree with you. The last 3 interviews which have been covered yesterday and today are the police going over his story (plausible) and the text messages conversation (honest and self aware), that is all. At this point in the chronology, I do feel a touch of sympathy for his naivety, yes. But as I said before, once they go through the knife and forensics with him, this could all change. My feeling of sympathy is solely from reading the transcripts of his 3 interviews SO FAR, and not from the damming prosecution overview we had last week.

He says 'Holy cr@p' in a response to X doesn't he? This is them trying to cover themselves

It's so odd that they do this when there's a backlog of planning discussions. Why did they not delete all that, very bizarre. I guess Y is naive and thinks he just been going along with Xs fantasies and X, well maybe she isn't too bothered about being caught?

10:11Ellen Kirwin

Day 8 - Wednesday, December 6​

Good morning from Manchester Crown Court.
The trial is due to continue for an eighth day, resuming from 10am.

Deanna Heer KC prosecutes,
assisted by Cheryl Mottram,

Richard Pratt KC defends Girl X
with Sarah Holt as junior counsel.

Boy Y will be represented by Richard Littler KC
and Steven Swift.

Mrs Justice Yip is presiding over the trial.

My feeling is that these interviews always contain some truth mixed in with self justification, minimisation etc. Even if Boy Y is guilty, (not saying he is!) my own opinion is there is a bit of playing along, testing boundaries etc. However the law does not require this intent is so fully formed. The question of what is pre planning, jest, or both, is for the jury.

The forensic evidence is brutal, but is anyone else relieved that Brianna's face hasn't been mentioned to be mutilated? I feared it had, given the text conversation but also the dog walker's statement. Her injuries are brutal, but don't seem to involve that.

MOO

I think the case against boy Y is heavily forensic but with girl x, the case against her is largely what came out of her own mouth, in interviews aswell as what’s apps/phone data. Reminds me of ana Kriegels killers. The case against boy a was highly forensic but there was zero forensic evidence against boy b, he was only proved to have knocked at her door, walked her to the abandoned house and stood by as boy a attacked her. Both were found guilty of murder, with boy a having an extra charge for aggravated assault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back