Recovered/Located UK - Cardiff - 3 Women & 2 Men Missing, leaving nightclub approx 2am, Newport, 4 March 2023

Gwent Police
@gwentpolice

We’re appealing for information to find three women, from Newport, who have all been reported as missing. Sophie Russon, 20, Eve Smith, 21, and Darcy Ross, 21, were last seen on Saturday 4 March at about 2am in the Llanedeyrn area of Cardiff.

Just looked on google maps. A couple of hotels in that area as well as a river running alongside what shown as the boundary for that area.

Edit typo

Article with FB post by Eve's sister who has been sharing updates.

But it happens. It only takes one member of staff IMO. CCTV May be key here. I have children the same age and feel so much for the parents and extended family

In theory it could happen.

In reality it rarely does as it's a good way to lose your licence altogether.

Either way it's probably not going to be crucial to this case - they could have drunk enough alcohol on the premises to be over the limit, or they could have bought more alcohol at another shop afterwards, or they could have found alcohol at the caravan they went to at Trecco.

In theory it could happen.

In reality it rarely does as it's a good way to lose your licence altogether.

Either way it's probably not going to be crucial to this case - they could have drunk enough alcohol on the premises to be over the limit, or they could have bought more alcohol at another shop afterwards, or they could have found alcohol at the caravan they went to at Trecco.
Yep - all night garages will likely sell booze too

I keep misreading Trecco as Tesco and thinking they could have bought some there too ‍♀️

Gwent Police
@gwentpolice

We’re appealing for information to find three women, from Newport, who have all been reported as missing. Sophie Russon, 20, Eve Smith, 21, and Darcy Ross, 21, were last seen on Saturday 4 March at about 2am in the Llanedeyrn area of Cardiff.
Interesting the police have now separated the three girls from the two men.

I wonder if an abduction scenario might be at play? JMO.

Apologies I may have been hasty part 2 of the tweet from gwent police stated the below in thread so I missed it. Maybe a little odd as you mentioned they are not headlining as 5 people missing rather than just the 3 girls. Maybe nothing in it, JMO

Gwent Police

@gwentpolice

They had travelled there from Porthcawl in a VW Tiguan, registration number VE64 YLB, with two men. These two men from Cardiff, Rafel Jeanne, 24, and Shane Loughlin, 32, have also been reported as missing.

Apologies I may have been hasty part 2 of the tweet from gwent police stated the below in thread so I missed it. Maybe a little odd as you mentioned they are not headlining as 5 people missing rather than just the 3 girls. Maybe nothing in it, JMO

Gwent Police
@gwentpolice

They had travelled there from Porthcawl in a VW Tiguan, registration number VE64 YLB, with two men. These two men from Cardiff, Rafel Jeanne, 24, and Shane Loughlin, 32, have also been reported as missing.
Ah thank you for adding that, they didn’t tweet clearly.

DBM - Info already upthread.....

Glitches :confused:

Ah thank you for adding that, they didn’t tweet clearly.
They didn’t but I’m undecided if there is any significance in the separation of the 2 pieces of information. There are 5 people missing, not 3! Or is it that only the 3 girls due to circumstances have been thus far elevated to missing at risk, and the 2 boys not yet? JMO

The obvious is some sort of car accident I guess.

My very initial thought was something possibly more sinister. 3 pretty girls barely out of their teens with a couple of much older guys who aren't known to them <modsnip>

Very odd with all the phones being out of signal etc.

Hopefully they're all found well soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder if the women were reported missing first and after Police reviewed the CCTV they may have seen them leaving with the men.
Perhaps some enquiries were made about the men and then they were reported missing too?

JMO-MOO!

The phone thing would have baffled me until Fri night randomly 7 of my friends had a few drinks local to home, decided off the cuff to board a train to a city 2 hours drive away to carry on the night out. None of them had anything on them other than their phone and bank cards. Except 1 of the 7 had a phone charger. During the night they got split up which resulted in 4 of them the next day with no charge on any phone, no way to charge, and no idea where they were, they eventually surfaced home early Sun morning. Drugs likely involved IME of their habits. Not suggesting that’s the scenario here in any way but just painting a picture that off radar can and does happen sometimes unintentionally, clearly the longer this goes on the less likely a bender/hangover becomes (as much as unlikely it is after this period of time already) JMO

The mother of a woman missing with two of her childhood friends in South Wales has claimed police officers told her to 'stop ringing' for updates, leading her to take the search into her own hands along with other friends and relatives.

She told the Daily Mail: 'They didn't seem to care. I had to drive to Cardiff to knock on doors myself because they were doing sod all. They just didn't seem to think didn't think it was worth investigating. It was so frustrating.

'I think they assumed that Sophie was hungover somewhere, but she's a sensible girl who works in a bank and hasn't taken a day off for three years.

'She's not someone who's out clubbing in Cardiff all the time. On Friday nights she's more likely to be babysitting so other people can go out. She wouldn't just vanish like this unless something was wrong.

'The police asked me to stop ringing but at the end of the day I'm a mum I'm going to worry. Her little sister is worrying too, she's only 13 and she's wondering where Sophie is.'

Gwent Police have been contacted for comment.

When I first saw the reporting which focused on the three women, and treated the men as an afterthought, I thought it was a case of Missing White Women Syndrome.... but the Gwent Police facebook post is rather odd in the way it also prioritises the three missing women.

UK police forces aren't normally territorial over these things; I'd be really shocked if they were giving less publicity to two members of a missing group purely because they live a few miles over the border.

“The last time Ms Certowicz says she spoke to Sophie was on Friday afternoon when she was told that her daughter was going out for a few drinks at the local pub.”

“Ms Smith's car is still at the Muffler club, according to her sister Lauren Doyle”

I wonder if the intention was always to leave the car there to save on taxi cost etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back