UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onwards and upwards

In my opinion a man with a knee length sandy Mac could be A.C. Seen out side C.L.s house at 6.55am on the morning of the 19th. March 2009 - could I ask for Sleuths opinions as to why he would be stood at that location.

Onwards and upwards

In my opinion a man with a knee length sandy Mac could be A.C. Seen out side C.L.s house at 6.55am on the morning of the 19th. March 2009 - could I ask for Sleuths opinions as to why he would be stood at that location.
Perhaps AC or perhaps someone trying to frame him. But where would you get a distinctive jacket like that at short notice. Of course he could have been involved in whatever happened in Claudia's house the previous night and was returning to the scene of the crime to make sure there was no evidence to link it to him. But would you wear a jacket that could identify you? On the other hand, he was summoned to the house by a clean up crew. He wasn't involved, didn't know anything was wrong and arrived unaware of the events of the previous night. Just thinking of options so IMO

Onwards and upwards

Perhaps AC or perhaps someone trying to frame him. But where would you get a distinctive jacket like that at short notice. Of course he could have been involved in whatever happened in Claudia's house the previous night and was returning to the scene of the crime to make sure there was no evidence to link it to him. But would you wear a jacket that could identify you? On the other hand, he was summoned to the house by a clean up crew. He wasn't involved, didn't know anything was wrong and arrived unaware of the events of the previous night. Just thinking of options so IMO
Thank you for your opinion I see you refer to the evening of the 18th and a crime to have taken place.

Onwards and upwards

Thank you for your opinion I see you refer to the evening of the 18th and a crime to have taken place.
Yes, just my view that there is no concrete evidence that Claudia left her house of her own volition on the morning of 19th. Unlikely she ran off to make a new life for herself, so unless someone can convince me that one half of the arguing couple was Claudia and the abandoned ruck sack belonged to her, that is my opinion. Like everything on here, I am happy to consider other scenarios as long as they are based on facts.

Yes, just my view that there is no concrete evidence that Claudia left her house of her own volition on the morning of 19th. Unlikely she ran off to make a new life for herself, so unless someone can convince me that one half of the arguing couple was Claudia and the abandoned ruck sack belonged to her, that is my opinion. Like everything on here, I am happy to consider other scenarios as long as they are based on facts.
It’s a two horse race in my opinion - 18th or 19th a conundrum. The problem with the 18th scenario is the missing rucksack and chef whites and the missing phone - the slippers at the front door - bed made, no sign of forced entry, argument etc. The only evidence of something happening on the 18th is Claudias silence from 8.23pm

It’s a two horse race in my opinion - 18th or 19th a conundrum. The problem with the 18th scenario is the missing rucksack and chef whites and the missing phone - the slippers at the front door - bed made, no sign of forced entry, argument etc. The only evidence of something happening on the 18th is Claudias silence from 8.23pm
And that can be explained by her friend’s believe and reasonable assumption that she fell asleep especially if you believe ( like I do ) that she did indeed have a very late night one or two nights before !

And that can be explained by her friend’s believe and reasonable assumption that she fell asleep especially if you believe ( like I do ) that she did indeed have a very late night one or two nights before !
So in my opinion you are left with an equally difficult choice - everything pointing to her leaving by the front door - in the morning?(not seen anywhere on the 19th) get over that piece of evidence. Or a secret rendezvous just after her call to her mum - bus cctv 9.01pm exit? Of her own free will, a curry? Exit possibly obscured by a vehicle of two - it would make sense that an overnight stay was anticipated taking her hair straighteners. The only problem I hit with this - is her phone stays close to her home up until 10am on the morning of the 19th? Confused?

So in my opinion you are left with an equally difficult choice - everything pointing to her leaving by the front door - in the morning?(not seen anywhere on the 19th) get over that piece of evidence. Or a secret rendezvous just after her call to her mum - bus cctv 9.01pm exit? Of her own free will, a curry? Exit possibly obscured by a vehicle of two - it would make sense that an overnight stay was anticipated taking her hair straighteners. The only problem I hit with this - is her phone stays close to her home up until 10am on the morning of the 19th? Confused?
By close to her home as o understand it was within 9 mile radius !
You say ‘ not seen anywhere on the 19 th ‘
But someone DID see a woman that looked like Claudia and where Claudia would have been expected to be that morning !

But someone DID see a woman that looked like Claudia and where Claudia would have been expected to be that morning !
I wish there was CCTV of the Claudia look alike. It's a pity Ring doorbells weren't a thing then.

I wish there was CCTV of the Claudia look alike. It's a pity Ring doorbells weren't a thing then.
The reality is there is very little to go on in my opinion. Over the past couple of weeks I have found out two new pieces of info 1.ACs whereabouts on the 18th and 2.late night trips to Acomb. Can these be linked. Who was with A.C. When he went for a curry? - seems odd to sleep on the sofa and then be up first thing at 6.55am walking about on Heworth Road - in my opinion

Pope - it wasn’t a 9 mile radius. The police could pin point its location. If it makes you happy to think it was within 9 miles then so be it. And yes someone did see a woman fitting Claudia appearance However please remember - noting was reported until at least Saturday 21st would you remember Thursday morning then or could it if been Tuesday or wednesday, Monday even? The witness I don’t think was even ever traced. You can’t rule it out of course, but it’s unlikely because she wasn’t seen anywhere else

Is there any reliable public evidence on how close the phone was to her house on morning of 19th?

Pope - it wasn’t a 9 mile radius. The police could pin point its location. If it makes you happy to think it was within 9 miles then so be it. And yes someone did see a woman fitting Claudia appearance However please remember - noting was reported until at least Saturday 21st would you remember Thursday morning then or could it if been Tuesday or wednesday, Monday even? The witness I don’t think was even ever traced. You can’t rule it out of course, but it’s unlikely because she wasn’t seen anywhere else

Phone home.

reflecting - so the police reveal her phone was close to her home till 10am - what’s the point of letting the public know? What does it suggest?
Suggests to me that the Police wanted the suspects to be concerned that the net was closing in. Maybe hoping for a confession or a tip off. On another note how close to home is close. Would that rule out the arguing lookalike as being Claudia

Suggests to me that the Police wanted the suspects to be concerned that the net was closing in. Maybe hoping for a confession or a tip off. On another note how close to home is close. Would that rule out the arguing lookalike as being Claudia
Well I’ve walked the route and it’s a good 15-20mins walk from her home to the left handed smoker - to the arguing door flung open couple - it would prob take me 45 - 50mins to get there - it’s not close - but it’s closer than Harrogate . I’d say when you are referring to close to her home you are indicating Heworth. It’s an assumption (just my opinion). From my point of view it further complicates matters. Because if she was staying close to home - why the need for chef whites and rucksack, hair straighteners?

Well I’ve walked the route and it’s a good 15-20mins walk from her home to the left handed smoker - to the arguing door flung open couple - it would prob take me 45 - 50mins to get there - it’s not close - but it’s closer than Harrogate . I’d say when you are referring to close to her home you are indicating Heworth. It’s an assumption (just my opinion). From my point of view it further complicates matters. Because if she was staying close to home - why the need for chef whites and rucksack, hair straighteners?
Harrogate ?

To state the obvious, if the phone can be pin pointed to Heworth anywhere near as late as 1000, it makes a mockery of the Galloway investigation, and its obsession with an abduction on her way to work.

Simply no. My thinking is it cannot be made public for evidential reasons.

To state the obvious, if the phone can be pin pointed to Heworth anywhere near as late as 1000, it makes a mockery of the Galloway investigation, and its obsession with an abduction on her way to work.
With respect and hindsight to a very accomplished detective. Any job through the eyes of a professional he will of checked the most likely first given the importance of finding her quickly - the first 48hrs. It’s a 50/50 - she may have left the house to elsewhere of her own free will - she may of forgotten to take her phone, tired busy? Have you ever left your phone at home? I have. Looking at the evidence it points away from her home towards work. However A.C. In my opinion was outside at 6.55am why? A curry a heavy night - sleeps on the sofa - allegedly - back to Heworth early in the morning on foot?

With respect and hindsight to a very accomplished detective. Any job through the eyes of a professional he will of checked the most likely first given the importance of finding her quickly - the first 48hrs. It’s a 50/50 - she may have left the house to elsewhere of her own free will - she may of forgotten to take her phone, tired busy? Have you ever left your phone at home? I have. Looking at the evidence it points away from her home towards work. However A.C. In my opinion was outside at 6.55am why? A curry a heavy night - sleeps on the sofa - allegedly - back to Heworth early in the morning on foot?
The person who might still be in possession of her phone , might not necessarily be the perpetrator.
He /she might even be a witness who never came forward .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member