UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far better to concentrate on what's going on at the gravel pits than worry about cutlery and the use of.[/
Yes she would have been kept in the car till night time I would imagine .
you never know she may of been alive and made a run for it, dropping her rucksack and phone and meeting and untimely end in the gravel
Pits IMO

I use my fork in right hand and I'm also right handed.
Yes, I am left handed but hold my fork in my left hand. I think the whole left handed/right handed thing is a red herring as far as what dirty pots were in the sink .

This thread just sent me to read about Rory Hatfield. another strange York one which I had never previously heard about - so thanks for that.

I feel we would have heard more from the police if they were on to anything with the current site investigation but it's been almost silence since the first announcements. Unless there has been an arrest behind the scenes I don't think this will amount to much.

In the kitchen was a large sky light. Both front and back door chub lock only(No Yale) x
Sorry 3 attached by mistake
With a Chubb lock you have to deliberately turn the key.
With a Yale, the door slams shut and locks.
From what you describe Vixey, Claudia may not have locked her door after returning home.

This struck me as possible.
I remember a person claiming two males at the front door , one trying the door handle. Wonder if often not locked until late on the eve x

Pe
so....it was an anonymous tip off rather. than something spotted following a survey.......or an anonymous tip off following a survey

maybe they did tell the police more....eg, if you go here or there you'll find a backpack or her backpack...maybe they've found it and it either is or isn't Claudias and they've. not passed this on....maybe they dont know an exact location for either a body or possessions...or maybe its a wind up
Perhaps anonymous, and the person has given enough proof to be now taken seriously.Directing the team to her body for closure.The public thank-you by Fox to the persons communicating with them gives an unsettling feel imo.

Unfortunately I don’t think a conviction in this case will happen any time soon. Melanie Hall disappeared in 1996 and her remains were discovered in 2009, yet to this day no one has been convicted of her murder, even with partial DNA.

I hope I’m wrong, Claudia’s family and friends deserve closure and justice to be served.

Pe

Perhaps anonymous, and the person has given enough proof to be now taken seriously.Directing the team to her body for closure.The public thank-you by Fox to the persons communicating with them gives an unsettling feel imo.

Do you think the thankyou to the public might be because of the the same people that had contacted Joan re the supspicious behaviour of a man emerging from Buttercrambe woods with a spade were phoning in again querying why police werent searching that location?

can you explain why the time is important to the pits?
It could be important when looking at all we know and piecing together the new discovery of Gravel Pits. (Distance to here from CL house and the location of any suspects).
Was one of those arrested working in a scientific / admin capacity at Uni?

This thread just sent me to read about Rory Hatfield. another strange York one which I had never previously heard about - so thanks for that.

I feel we would have heard more from the police if they were on to anything with the current site investigation but it's been almost silence since the first announcements. Unless there has been an arrest behind the scenes I don't think this will amount to much.
Even if police have discovered something or go on to find evidence it will surely take time for them to analyse any findings and match to what they have.

Having failed once to bring a prosecution, they will want to make sure they have their ducks well and truly in a row before announcing anything other than a general:

"The search was significant and at this stage all we can say is that it has opened may lines of enquiry and we are focusing our attention here"

Please don't expect a:
"We have found Claudia and Fred (example) has been charged.

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but I would like to know if a body / remains found after what could be up to almost 13 Years would be in a state where more than just the identity of the person could be discovered.
I was thinking of the DNA of a culprit left by liaison or in a more permanent way?

Do we have any sleuths who have forensic / pathology or study of bones experience.

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but I would like to know if a body / remains found after what could be up to almost 13 Years would be in a state where more than just the identity of the person could be discovered.
I was thinking of the DNA of a culprit left by liaison or in a more permanent way?

Do we have any sleuths who have forensic / pathology or study of bones experience.
Melanie hall DNA was established by the hollow part of her Marrow bone after 13 years. I am not sure regarding suspects but would be Interesting to hear from someone in the field x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01