UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was drawn into visiting the NH/elsewhere on Wed evening, she may have met her demise in the early hours so would have been disposed of before dawn. Her parents (well mainly JL) refused to buy into the notion that she wasn't tucked in bed by 9.30pm that night but if DO's additional evidence (belatedly revealed in March 2010) tells us anything, it is to imply that working early shifts did not impede her social life in any way.

BBM it also lends credence that drugs could play a role in this in some way. I'm 36 now but even in my 20's I couldn't have been out drinking all night and worked normally the next day never mind doing this multiple times in one week. Perhaps she had a little "lift" that made partying all night and working all day possible MOO

I think this is interesting given some previous posts regarding the alley way at the back of Claudia's house. This is not obvious on Google Earth 2D but it is as plain as day on Google Earth Virtual Reality. The alley way is only accessed by Heworth Place and it looks like it only goes to and it stops at the back of her house. There is no access from the pub. Of course, this is now and it could have been different in 2009. Did anyone here ever physically check to see if this alley was accessible from both ends? I know Google Earth VR is only model looking until you hit the street view but it certainly looks accurately at my house!

I think this is interesting given some previous posts regarding the alley way at the back of Claudia's house. This is not obvious on Google Earth 2D but it is as plain as day on Google Earth Virtual Reality. The alley way is only accessed by Heworth Place and it looks like it only goes to and it stops at the back of her house. There is no access from the pub. Of course, this is now and it could have been different in 2009. Did anyone here ever physically check to see if this alley was accessible from both ends? I know Google Earth VR is only model looking until you hit the street view but it certainly looks accurately at my house!

It was accessible in 2009

Welcomr
New poster but been following in great detail
What if Acomb new bf was in police. ( Police station local to Acomb)
Others got wind of this and feared she would talk too much re drug dealing?
Welcome @Bristolboy Ues you are probably
The article states that the Astra is parked opposite her house when it is actually parked outside Quartz Travel, near the traffic lights by Costcutters. It is possible that the car came from this direction, turned round in the Nag's Head and parked up facing the lights, without having been filmed on the Lime Court cameras. It was the black Ford Thunder Ranger truck that was parked close to her house but I think the police cleared that one up with the owner.

I don't think any of us can infer anything about this camera (BBM) as we have never seen a clip from it, nor has it been mentioned publicly by NYP. @MajorLang may have more to add but I think we should focus on the cameras we know exist.
I believe that the cars parked outside of Claudias and the white van were overflow from Nags. That night was a champions league final and so many would be in the sports bar at the Nags. Probably including one of arrayed 4 DR who was claimed to have said he killed Claudia then denied it and so arrested. Those arriving late would likely park on the roadside wherever they could. It would be a busy night and apart from betting, there would likely be other vices taking place that night.

From memory, I definitely recall the alley linking through to the pub in 2009. Also many of the fences had gates - not only rear gates onto the alley, but gates in fences adjoining the properties. A security nightmare which I think has been remedied by most of the owners, no doubt on the advice of police.

The overhead photos of the alley in this article below are more recent but you will read from the description that 3 storage buildings at the back of the pub car park weren't searched in 2009, to Mrs Lawrence's horror. Even she hints that Claudia could have been removed via the rear although I imagine Mrs L thought she was abducted rather than murdered.
‘If Claudia was taken out of the back of the house, this area could be an obvious spot where she was taken to or through.'

Claudia Lawrence: Mum horrified police failed to search nearby wasteland

It was a crude alleyway but did lead to the Nags Head Pub if I recal reading somewhere a year or two later the dilapidated fence was renewed and there was some landscaped done as part of renovationsto the pub

Claudia Lawrence search will focus on the alley behind her home | Daily Mail Online
25 February 2015:

DS Malyn of North Yorkshire Police said: 'One hypothesis is something could have happened overnight with another person in the house and then the alleyway was an obvious way out.'
He added: 'I know people have lied to us. People may lie because they are in a relationship, and there could be a number of reasons why they are withholding information.

Det Supt Malyn added: 'We still don't know if Claudia left for work on the morning of Thursday 19th March 2009 or whether something happened overnight within her house.
'If the latter is the case the person or persons responsible, in my view, would have used the rear alleyway as the front door leads onto a busy main road. This is why this specific piece of information needs to be fully investigated.'

The move came after police revealed they had a new lead in the case which indicated the alleyway was 'significant'.

From memory, I definitely recall the alley linking through to the pub in 2009. Also many of the fences had gates - not only rear gates onto the alley, but gates in fences adjoining the properties. A security nightmare which I think has been remedied by most of the owners, no doubt on the advice of police.

The overhead photos of the alley in this article below are more recent but you will read from the description that 3 storage buildings at the back of the pub car park weren't searched in 2009, to Mrs Lawrence's horror. Even she hints that Claudia could have been removed via the rear although I imagine Mrs L thought she was abducted rather than murdered.
‘If Claudia was taken out of the back of the house, this area could be an obvious spot where she was taken to or through.'

Claudia Lawrence: Mum horrified police failed to search nearby wasteland
Again good info. Thank you

Claudia Lawrence search will focus on the alley behind her home | Daily Mail Online
25 February 2015:

DS Malyn of North Yorkshire Police said: 'One hypothesis is something could have happened overnight with another person in the house and then the alleyway was an obvious way out.'
He added: 'I know people have lied to us. People may lie because they are in a relationship, and there could be a number of reasons why they are withholding information.

Det Supt Malyn added: 'We still don't know if Claudia left for work on the morning of Thursday 19th March 2009 or whether something happened overnight within her house.
'If the latter is the case the person or persons responsible, in my view, would have used the rear alleyway as the front door leads onto a busy main road. This is why this specific piece of information needs to be fully investigated.'

The move came after police revealed they had a new lead in the case which indicated the alleyway was 'significant'.
Thank you, Yozzer. I am getting really good answers from my post. Excellent responses!!!

New poster but been following in great detail
What if Acomb new bf was in police. ( Police station local to Acomb)
Others got wind of this and feared she would talk too much re drug dealing?
If she was seeing a policeman then I would doubt she had any involvement in drugs personally then, although as you say might be a different story for others close to her

Was the al
25 February 2015:

The alleyway significant because the houses in Heworth place backed onto it too and most had back access to the alleyway. From some of the ariel maps I notice a dark red car parked outside number the terraced houses in Heworth Place. I have found it outside number 19 and a few doors up on different maps. Given that a commuter reported seeing red car parked up with its passenger door open and a couple seemingly arguing on University Road around 6.10am on the 19th. ( this report and video can be seen on the NYP website) I think this is a signicficant lead Claudia could have taken a lift with this neighbour. We all have impromptu conversations with our neighbours its conceivable that she just such a conversation (thus not having no record of a mble text or call to arrange a lift) with the neighbour that evening mentioning her car was in repair and the neighbour then offered her a lift the for the next day. In this instance she would have left her house by the back door and entered his house via the alleyway.
Does and wesleuth members anyone have any info this red car owning neighbour.. Does his car show up on any cctv footage?

Was the al

The alleyway significant because the houses in Heworth place backed onto it too and most had back access to the alleyway. From some of the ariel maps I notice a dark red car parked outside number the terraced houses in Heworth Place. I have found it outside number 19 and a few doors up on different maps. Given that a commuter reported seeing red car parked up with its passenger door open and a couple seemingly arguing on University Road around 6.10am on the 19th. ( this report and video can be seen on the NYP website) I think this is a signicficant lead Claudia could have taken a lift with this neighbour. We all have impromptu conversations with our neighbours its conceivable that she just such a conversation (thus not having no record of a mble text or call to arrange a lift) with the neighbour that evening mentioning her car was in repair and the neighbour then offered her a lift the for the next day. In this instance she would have left her house by the back door and entered his house via the alleyway.
Does and wesleuth members anyone have any info this red car owning neighbour.. Does his car show up on any cctv footage?
It is likely that 1 or 2 POIs lived in HP at that time. The owner of the car can be identified via the personalised reg. plate evident in a later googlemap and is/was a POI. You might need to research businesses to identify POI.

It is likely that 1 or 2 POIs lived in HP at that time. The owner of the car can be identified via the personalised reg. plate evident in a later googlemap and is/was a POI. You might need to research businesses to identify POI.
Thank you Yozzer the maps Im lookin at have the reg numbers fuzzed out

Can we not name the POIs in this case on here? I know on many other threads suspects or POIs related to the case can be named, but as these people were never charged can they not be named? Thanks

Can we not name the POIs in this case on here? I know on many other threads suspects or POIs related to the case can be named, but as these people were never charged can they not be named? Thanks
It's a GDPR thing. Linking a name directly to an address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo