UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Lane ‏@peterlane5news

Police search after Claudia #Lawrence case arrest. Neighbours describe arrested man as "loner" and "ghost". @5_News pic.twitter.com/LuYiVWMRMb

1:41 PM - 13 May 2014
Tweet text
Reply to @peterlane5news @5_News

First tweet that appeared gave his name and address!

Yeah I know lol. If you google his shortened first name and surname along with york it appears that theres a person with the same name who is a well known person in the community - lots of articles. (May not be the same man though!)

Peter Lane ‏@peterlane5news

Police search after Claudia #Lawrence case arrest. Neighbours describe arrested man as "loner" and "ghost". @5_News pic.twitter.com/LuYiVWMRMb

1:41 PM - 13 May 2014
Tweet text
Reply to @peterlane5news @5_News

Probably not the same person from what I quoted above then. Just an unfortunate co-incidence or maybe the name on twitter is someone trying to wind people up

Yeah I know lol. If you google his shortened first name and surname along with york it appears that theres a person with the same name who is a well known person in the community - lots of articles. (May not be the same man though!)

Worrying for that person........ and the work place is very close to the house being searched right now.

A 59-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering missing York University chef Claudia Lawrence.

North Yorkshire Police officers were today searching the house of the suspect, named locally as Michael Snelling, who lives half a mile from Miss Lawrence’s house.

Detectives said the arrest did not mean that the missing chef, who disappeared from her home in York in March 2009, has been found.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/general-news/man-held-for-murder-over-missing-york-chef-claudia-lawrence-1-6614009

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-27392172

" ANALYSIS
Danny Savage North of England correspondent, BBC News

This is by far the most significant development in this inquiry in five years.

The most significant turn in this inquiry prior to Tuesday was a Crimewatch appeal on the fifth anniversary, a few weeks ago, when police revealed they had carried out new searches in Miss Lawrence's home and that they had found new DNA and new fingerprints.

That seems to have propelled this investigation forward, along with calls they had from the public after that appeal.

It appeared this inquiry was going nowhere until that appeal and that renewed investigation. It seems now that progress is finally being made."

I did find one with the same name who worked (being careful here) in higher education in the same locality as her. Is that who you mean?

I could only find one MS living in York when I searched 192.com, address came up as Burnholme Grove too.

If this is the guy (or one of) I have had a feeling all along it was someone who worked at the Uni, maintenance, security, cleaner.. my dad worked part time as a cleaner at York Uni after he retired from British Rail, I used to often go with him and get breakfast at one of the student canteens, where Claudia later worked as a chef. Ugh this is making my head spin.

Yes, I just commented the same! Obviously don't want to put 2 and 2 together too soon, but bit of a coincidence if nothing else.

Indeed........worrying for someone if the name is the same......... neighbours comments dont seem to fit though, with the profile

Indeed........worrying for someone if the name is the same......... neighbours comments dont seem to fit though, with the profile

Yes it is, but I can only find the one when searching, maybe/hopefully? I just suck at searching.

Yes it is, but I can only find the one when searching, maybe/hopefully? I just suck at searching.

No , I think you are on the right track........see above link to Telegraph article, man worked at York University

Police said they were also looking for a second man in his thirties who was seen in her street around the time she vanished.

A witness described a man approaching a house with a green door and a woman answering Miss Lawrence's description answering and looking 'dejected and upset'.

Det Supt Malyn said: “It is vital that this man is traced and assists the investigation. It appeared to the witness that this visitor was perhaps unexpected so it remains an important line of inquiry to identify who this was.”

Just pulled this out from the Telegraph article, link as above...

I never heard this before ? is this meant to be on the day Claudia went missing ? surely not as police have always said last sighting was the day before she disappeared ?

BREAKING NEWS CLAUDIA LAWRENCE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder - Suspect named - 2 houses searched - Car also seized - Friends and family tell of shock and hope - 4.30pm UPDATE

A 59-YEAR-OLD man arrested today on suspicion of murdering York chef Claudia Lawrence has been named as Michael Snelling.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11208946.CLAUDIA_LAWRENCE__Man_arrested_on_suspicion_of_murder___Suspect_named___2_houses_searched___Car_also_seized___Friends_and_family_tell_of_shock_and_hope___4_30pm_UPDATE/?ref=twttt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa