UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can't understand is that they've arrested him for murder. How do they know for sure she's dead??

What I can't understand is that they've arrested him for murder. How do they know for sure she's dead??

Maybe he's crumbled and confessed, or a family member dobbed him in. Either way the murder charge seems fairly drastic, I'm sure ordinarily it would be "charged in connection with the disappearance of...", the police must have something fairly concrete to go on.

Great map Skibaboo, I knew you'd come good lol!

Yes it's brilliant, I looked up the locations on google maps, but have no idea how to do these things, many thanks

I've followed this from the very beginning although I wasn't a member here at the time.

Its always grated on me that the focus seemed to be on her supposed sordid sex life without any real proof. Iirc lines of enquiry also focussed on men she supposedly dated who were living abroad.

I find it interesting that police haven't named the suspect but he has been identified in media by neighbours who mention he works for Mind but no mention of having worked at the uni. You would have thought given what he has been arrested for someone who have mentioned that link so perhaps it is a coincidence that someone of the same name also worked at the uni.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Claudia Lawrence investigation: friend of the missing chef is arrested on suspicion of her murder

<snips>

A former colleague of the missing chef Claudia Lawrence has been arrested on suspicion of her murder - the first arrest in the investigation since her disappearance more than five years ago.
Mike Snelling, who was employed at York University&#8217;s department of biology until last year.

Locals said detectives had visited the property two years ago and carried out some digging in the garden, but Mr Snelling, who is single, was not arrested at the time.

One female staff member, who asked not to be named said: "He was a lovely chap - the two don&#8217;t go together. I would be very surprised if he is guilty. .
"He was just very pleasant and very helpful. He used to help with the Samaritans&#8217; phone line

After leaving the university last year, Mr Snelling had been working for a mental health charity and was also volunteering as a mentor for students.

MORE http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10828881/Claudia-Lawrence-investigation-friend-of-the-missing-chef-is-arrested-on-suspicion-of-her-murder.html

I've followed this from the very beginning although I wasn't a member here at the time.

Its always grated on me that the focus seemed to be on her supposed sordid sex life without any real proof. Iirc lines of enquiry also focussed on men she supposedly dated who were living abroad.

I find it interesting that police haven't named the suspect but he has been identified in media by neighbours who mention he works for Mind but no mention of having worked at the uni. You would have thought given what he has been arrested for someone who have mentioned that link so perhaps it is a coincidence that someone of the same name also worked at the uni.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BBM - yes, me too. I'm still seeing comments on twitter etc as if somehow it excuses the fact that she's likely to have been murdered. Sad.

I hope that this is it and they find Claudia's body.

I wonder whether this man matches any of the mystery fingerprints/DNA....

I wonder if this guy could be the left-handed smoker seen on the bridge early that morning with a woman matching Claudia's description?

Also, something that grates is that this well turned out guy had a noticeably run down and manky house. Really awful with filthy nets, broken pavings and harling falling off the walls. Strange as he appears to be the same guy involved in residents associations and committees.

Such a sad case. I really hope that this is it and Claudia's family get some closure.
On the subject of the arrested person, I found his online dating profile and dormant twitter account online.

Such a sad case. I really hope that this is it and Claudia's family get some closure.
On the subject of the arrested person, I found his online dating profile and dormant twitter account online.

Salino, you are ok to post these links if you wish to. :)

They seem to be searching quite a specific area in the back garden now. I wonder if he has caved and told the police something?

They seem to be searching quite a specific area in the back garden now. I wonder if he has caved and told the police something?

Wow, I've just read that police had searched his house and garden 3 years ago! Hope it doesn't turn out that they missed something then, and this could have been solved earlier.

It also emerged today detectives had been at the mental health worker's York home in 2011, half a mile from Claudia's, and again searched his house and dug in his garden.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-suspect-two-years-searched-property.html

I have read reports that Snelling used to give Claudia lifts to work as her car was in bad condition, and that they socialized together at the local pub. They were once seen 'embracing', whatever that means...

If this guy is responsible, then it would tie together a lot of the pieces of this puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member