UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
6yi2z8.jpg

This may help people understand just how often Horseshoe is actually visible across the 2 CCTV systems. Because of the different number of angles it can take up to 7 minutes for the Horseshoe to be seen by BOTH cameras at the same time!!

There are many opportunities for Corrie to walk from the bins to the Short Brackland wall (which probably takes 5-10 seconds at best?) and never be seen by either CCTV. And he won't trigger the Cornhill one if he's walking to Short Brackland.

Please note, this could be out of sync by about 30 - 60 seconds, as there are no definitive time stamps on the 2 main CCTV cameras (unfortunately) to accurately line it up. The 3 angles on Grapes CCTV are speculative, I'm assuming it never points down to the ground like Greenwoods, and there could well be closeups in that one too. But for all intents and purposes, this graphic shows that gaps are very likely. Even a 30 second gap is long enough for Corrie to move away from bins to SB. So I'm still calling BS on "you can't leave Horseshoe undetected" ;)

6yi2z8.jpg

This may help people understand just how often Horseshoe is actually visible across the 2 CCTV systems. Because of the different number of angles it can take up to 7 minutes for the Horseshoe to be seen by BOTH cameras at the same time!!

There are many opportunities for Corrie to walk from the bins to the Short Brackland wall (which probably takes 5-10 seconds at best?) and never be seen by either CCTV. And he won't trigger the Cornhill one if he's walking to Short Brackland.

Please note, this could be out of sync by about 30 - 60 seconds, as there are no definitive time stamps on the 2 main CCTV cameras (unfortunately) to accurately line it up. The 3 angles on Grapes CCTV are speculative, I'm assuming it never points down to the ground like Greenwoods, and there could well be closeups in that one too. But for all intents and purposes, this graphic shows that gaps are very likely. Even a 30 second gap is long enough for Corrie to move away from bins to SB. So I'm still calling BS on "you can't leave Horseshoe undetected" ;)

Say Corrie left horseshoe undetected (and you kinda have!) with all other cams around Bury, would he not have been picked up on this other footage..?

2f5a564a4c6a3c17d127f32209db2ff5.jpg

If we assume a hookup 'willing' abduction scenario and Corrie travelled with his phone (why would he part with it if it was willing?)...and we also accept the police statement that Corrie's phone updated an app at 0458 within the 3-5km Barton Mills/Mildenhall mast area, then a walk to a transport area (bus terminal, taxi rank, bus stop, main route etc) would presumably be a logical step to suggest would it not? His phone remained within that area until it shut itself down at around 0800 which suggests to me that Corrie could have been incapacitated in the same area from 0500 onwards? I think it's unlikely he's out of that area now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry I've somehow missed that his phone updated an app at 04:58, do you have a link to the source?

To me that changes things significantly, usually phones don't auto update unless connected to wifi to stop people getting huge bills by auto updating using their data allowance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reposting quote from thread 9 as I have nothing more to add

UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

After all this time we are all still going through the what if's, I'm baffled as to how there can be so little evidence of anything in 2016, however, no matter what I read I still stand by my original theory.

Corrie is an outgoing, young, fun lad who seemed, judging by what we have seen, loved to have a good time. His behaviour that night doesn't strike me as odd until we get to the point where he ordered a LOT of food & decided to sit in a doorway to eat it instead of taking up the offer of a free lift home, im also still confused as to how he only appears to be holding a chip tray whilst walking past the grapes pub and there's no sign of a kebab and 2 burgers? Anyway, he stayed in town that night for a reason, that's for sure.

Sending a picture of himself at 3.08am and dandering down to a discreet area looking as though he is looking for someone... it HAS to be an arranged meet, there is no other real option there.

I'm still with Grindr (that's why after spending so long in the main area that he walked to the horseshoe area, let's face it, he was well known, if I was meeting someone I shouldn't be I would meet them somewhere where I wouldn't be seen meeting them), I truly believe something has went drastically wrong on the road outside of bury, looking at the maps I am suggesting tetford forest as the area, if I were the police, thats where I would be spending my time searching.

Regarding the bins, we had the same bins in work, we always kept them locked so other people couldn't fill them... they were most likely locked. The fella just spent ages sleeping in the doorway, a fresh crisp breeze round him after he woke, very doubtful he would climb into a bin for a snooze. Not too many roads in and out of bury and I think it's just coincidence that the phone was pinging in the general area off masts at the same sort of time.

In my opinion, this could have even been a sex game gone wrong... if he met with another man who maybe wasn't outted as gay either then the man that picked him up most likely not only has his freedom to lose but face too.

Sorry guys, don't buy that he was hit by a lorry, no traces of any evidence of any accident plus, he was drunk but he certainly wasn't blind or deaf.

I donated to the just giving page, I wouldn't be miffed if he turns up AWOL even though I donated money to help him, that money will be used for charity if he is found safe and sound

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=13000299

Who has the keys to the shop that was once NEXT, then YMCA.
It is right next door to Greggs.

Also, when did Greggs get their delivery that day?
I've seen them deliver around the time Corrie went missing. I'm assuming thats all been checked out.

If Corrie was never seen walking away on CCTV from the area he was last seen in, then he left via the front of one of those businesses backing ontop that area. There are quite a few.
Again, should have all been looked at by now, but i havent been following along, so forgive me if i am repeating.

The shop next door to Greggs is icandy, a card and gift shop.

Sorry I've somehow missed that his phone updated an app at 04:58, do you have a link to the source?

To me that changes things significantly, usually phones don't auto update unless connected to wifi to stop people getting huge bills by auto updating using their data allowance.

Check the 0500 link on the timeline.

It could be that they've found something to suggest he went into the river. A few years ago, a friend of mine vanished on the way home from a Christmas party. Eventually one of his shoes was found in the mud at the side of the canal, he'd presumably gone down the bank for a pee, overbalanced and drowned. He was found in the canal. That's one of the reasons I immediately thought something similar had happened to Corrie when this case was first publicised.

I think I mentioned several threads ago, or maybe it was a different case I posted on, this happened to my friend's older brother about 40 years ago. He went for a night out and went missing. In this case his body was found first, in the canal. The police then conducted some investigations and almost the exact same scenario you mention. His footprints were found in mud right at the edge of the canal facing forward, and it's assumed he'd gone for a pee, lost his balance and fell in the water. He'd walked about 5 feet away from the towpath to the edge of the canal.

Is it really unusual? I don't ever turn my data off on my phone and I don't hit anywhere near my allowance

Check the 0500 link on the timeline.

I'm a bit confused by this too, as the link takes us to the family statement that the phone was either switched off or lost battery at that time. I've assumed it was the 'goodbye handshake' to the mast as the phone went off, I don't remember it being an app updating. Something else I've missed! (And yes I know, the police said it went off at around 8am!)

Is it really unusual? I don't ever turn my data off on my phone and I don't hit anywhere near my allowance

Unusual in a sense that every phone I have ever had has came with factory settings to update when connected to wifi. If I wanted to change it then I could, I have unlimited data so it wouldn't matter but it's annoying your phone updating apps when you are out and about. I find it easier to let it update when I'm home and not using it as much.

Updating a single app is strange too as usually there's a bunch of them that need updating. So that would lead me to suggest maybe Corrie or someone with his phone got a prompt and chose to update it.

Additionally, sometimes my phone won't let me do an update if my battery is too low.

MY MISTAKE. It entered the BM mast area at 0458 NOT updated an app.
Admin/Mods please remove previous post to avoid confusion.

Sorry guys. :(

MY MISTAKE. It entered the BM mast area at 0458 NOT updated an app.
Admin/Mods please remove previous post to avoid confusion.

Sorry guys. :(

Have you got a link for the 0458 because I have previously provided a link to you on last thread showing 0430?

Marky, On the previous thread you mentioned some graffiti and an arrow on the buildings. When I checked the link you gave it seemed to refer to the
hobby of leaping across buildings and other structures. Does that mean that those buildings could be a location for that stuff? I.e. climbing up and jumping over those roofs?

Unusual in a sense that every phone I have ever had has came with factory settings to update when connected to wifi. If I wanted to change it then I could, I have unlimited data so it wouldn't matter but it's annoying your phone updating apps when you are out and about. I find it easier to let it update when I'm home and not using it as much.

Updating a single app is strange too as usually there's a bunch of them that need updating. So that would lead me to suggest maybe Corrie or someone with his phone got a prompt and chose to update it.

I wonder if in this context 'updating an app' could be referring to updating as in getting new information - e.g. Facebook notification, WhatsApp message? My data runs continuously and I get these all the time. I do however have the setting for downloading app updates turned off unless I'm on wifi...

I wonder if in this context 'updating an app' could be referring to updating as in getting new information - e.g. Facebook notification, WhatsApp message? My data runs continuously and I get these all the time. I do however have the setting for downloading app updates turned off unless I'm on wifi...

Perhaps, I get push notifications all the time but I have to physically update apps

Wouldn't you need to have the actual phone to know if an app updated or would police be able to pull this from the provider or the mast data? Techy stuff imo.

Marky, On the previous thread you mentioned some graffiti and an arrow on the buildings. When I checked the link you gave it seemed to refer to the
hobby of leaping across buildings and other structures. Does that mean that those buildings could be a location for that stuff? I.e. climbing up and jumping over those roofs?

I too was looking into this after it was mentioned. I couldn't see the graffiti that was mentioned. Then I couldn't find the post again to reply to. Just getting used to this site.

Don't know. That's why I asked ;)

aowb9e.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sdSYkXgiUEc_Cr_zgOW0CtA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Say Corrie left horseshoe undetected (and you kinda have!) with all other cams around Bury, would he not have been picked up on this other footage..?

Quite possibly. Outside of Short Brackland the next cam is cam 10 (Google "Bury St Edmunds CCTV" and click the What Do They Know pdf link) but that camera is also catching the flow of traffic from Well Street, so there would be countless cars to check. It's also possible to turn off before that cam and head up Church Row. If you do that, you don't pass any other cctv cameras on the main system (again see the PDF and use google maps to verify the one way systems).

Basically, beyond Short Brackland, the number of possible potential vehicles and traffic rises massively because the cams on any route after Short Brack could be picking up traffic from a myriad of other side streets/main roads.

Someone local with a sat nav might want to try a couple of tests, pointing your sat nav to MacDonalds Buttermarket, or Hughes Electrical, or Short Brackland, and see what routes it suggests. We may get some clues as to what a potential driver was heading for, and whether they got sent to slightly the wrong place? I'm not sure how reliable using google street directions is, cos it may differ to TomTom's suggestions?

Still, if you try a "directions" from your home to Short Brackland, you can see it typically sends you in from the North roundabout and you bypass main CCTV system.

That said, Google directions DOES send you down a little road "Cadney Ln" and there does appear to be a Curry's Service Centre with private CCTV attached to it, and that would be a good CCTV to check. Mind you... it's got a telegraph pole in front of the camera that MIGHT be looking at Cadney Ln (the cam on left side of building, not the one on front of it that appears to be looking at the doorway/path). And again they could just be dummy cctv cameras (they certainly look like dummies). Would be good to find out if Curry's Service Centre (or whatever it is now) turned over their CCTV footage, cos a car coming down Cadney Ln around 3.15am is potentially the vehicle that picked up Corrie!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sFYGs5mneqkDTRpyjVsZT3g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike