UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they weren't locked. There is a triangular moulded plastic lock, a bit like you get on electricity and gas meter cupboards but none of them were actually locked.

Same as ours at work. It's never locked. Thanks again.

So can we put the bin lorry to bed? At least for transporting corrie.

Perhaps its just me, and im by no means making any wild accusations. I've always found it a little odd how his family decided to stay in Barton Mills, and not in the centre of Bury where he was last seen?
They came out later to say they don't believe he went with his phone to BM ~ there's plenty of hotels, b&b's, pub hotels in bury, so why there?

I have also wondered for quite a while about the dual sim aspect - I find it hard to believe that a phone that can generate two different IMEI numbers could not be used after the sim we know of lost contact with the mast in BM that morning.
I was sure that since the phone was a contract, if another (Also) contract sim had been introduced, it would have been picked up by police already. Although I note earlier from a source that the phone was not in corrie's name.
..just food for thought.

<modsnip>

I know that some difficult questions are asked, but can i ask why AWOL is such an elephant in the room?
I understand he had a puppy..that he wasn't allowed to have. I wondered who would look after the puppy had he been called for deployment? the RAF services move quicker than the other forces, and can be gone in under an hour? I asusme that would be a big task for another Sqdn member, since they too could be called up..so was there someone within an hours drive of bury that he would trust with his beloved puppy? surely if this is the reason that Corrie would not go AWOL, then he wouldn't leave his puppy in his room for weeks/months on end while he was overseas?

I can understand that it would be a hard thing to accept that someone you love has possibly decided hes had enough, and this is a lot of heartbreak ~ but we have very little clues and knowledge as to who he was as a person, or what his life was like.

There is always changes in story, timeline, who he was with/not with, where he parked, didnt park - these are things that should have been fact (CCTV and eye witness from pubs and clubs. And police recovery of the vehichle)
Just some things ive thought of over the last 12 weeks..

Do you mind me asking where you read that the phone wasn't in Corries name?

I really don't think he went in the bin..must be pretty difficult trying to climb in sober never mind half cut!
My child has asd and sees and thinks things very literally. I showed them the last cctv footage and a brief rundown of the story and she immediately said he was looking round as if someone called out but he didn't know them so was looking around to see if he should go over or not. She said he looked like he was looking for assurance it was safe to go over. She said dating app hook up gone wrong and said who the hell after PC semple would ever use grindr or tinder

I don't think we can definitely rule out that he didn't get in the cab but seems unlikely. He'd have to know the bin lorry driver and it would mean the driver would have to have lied to police.

Re AWOL, I don't believe he evaded CCTV at all, well not on purpose, he evaded it purely by accident IMO, Looking at the CCTV of many of the others around that night and they managed to almost evade the CCTV apart from a some dubious grainy shots.

Still swinging between AWOL or a hook up gone bad.

Polo, do you think those bins are easy to climb in to?

I would guess while sober yes but drunk no. Again if almost empty it may be harder as they might move or tip up? I really don't think he got in one of those bins. If depositing rubbish, there is no way that you wouldn't spot a body.

I think it is unlikely but until the Police officially state what they think/know what happened to him, I won't rule a bin out. I have never believed he went into the bin lorry we know about but possibly a general waste bin emptied later that day/weekend. Nobody seems to mention this possibility and I haven't seen any questions answered as to when the next pick up was that wasn't for recycling?

<modsnip>

I think we can at least rule out being in the bin.

I think it is unlikely but until the Police officially state what they think/know what happened to him, I won't rule a bin out. I have never believed he went into the bin lorry we know about but possibly a general waste bin emptied later that day/weekend. Nobody seems to mention this possibility and I haven't seen any questions answered as to when the next pick up was that wasn't for recycling?

I've no sources but believe it was Monday and Wednesday. I can't even think where I got that from!

I havent been able to view the look east program but saw everyone's comments. One comment was about corrie getting up with the band. Where was that does anyone know? Which bar?

I've no sources but believe it was Monday and Wednesday. I can't even think where I got that from!

Thanks. If you are referring to older discussions where some phoned Biffa and asked what the pick up times were then I personally think the answers given were for residential collections?

The thing with commercial collections is that they are individual accounts per business and collections would depend on how much waste/recycling each business produces? The jewelers once a month, Carphone Warehouse once a week or more often?

ShireSleuth said:
I havent been able to view the look east program but saw everyone's comments. One comment was about corrie getting up with the band. Where was that does anyone know? Which bar?

So Bar IIRC. The first stop.

There was a clip of Corrie conducting a band which was outdoors and I assume an event on the Base.

Look East spoke with a singer/guitarist who Corrie got on stage to sing with in So Bar.

I'm sure it said he met his friends in So Bar and the Flex staff said looking for 'people' - could have been other regulars, could have been random.

It has occurred to me that corries arranged lift could have been with one of the vehicles who have previously come forward. They may not have admitted to meeting up and if it is not on cctv then it would be hopeless. We have been hung up on the 4 vehicles when in reality it could have been any vehicle after 03.24 either in the horseshoe or in SB or even further towards the A roads.

It has occurred to me that corries arranged lift could have been with one of the vehicles who have previously come forward. They may not have admitted to meeting up and if it is not on cctv then it would be hopeless. We have been hung up on the 4 vehicles when in reality it could have been any vehicle after 03.24 either in the horseshoe or in SB or even further towards the A roads.

I think that the vehicles are very questionable at the moment. No information what so ever, been identified!! What dose that exacty Say!! No info saying that we are trying to trace any make or model very odd, so we're down to two things they know they are all OK but we're not going to tell anyone. For what reason is that? Doesn't make sense to me, just eliminate then and move on, or most Lickey to me is that one had cloned plates, stolen plates of the exact model and color car, if so it would make it almost impossible to trace, swap the plates back to the original ones a few miles up the road and no one is any the wiser, it would explain no clue, vanish job very easy!

There was also a band playing in the grapes too that night and the people outside and blurred out in the first cctv were friends of the band according to the family website - smokers I thought but I have wondered if they checked on corrie later on and may even have spoken to him or offered a lift. Also the cars parked close could have been to do with the band. My son is a musician and singer and the closest they can park to the venue the better for loading last thing at night.

All this sounds very plausible but let's not rule out terrorist obduction as there was an attempt to obduct an American serviceman while out jogging. He was clearly being followed and luckily managed to fight off his obductors. Corrie was clearly drunk but a fight young man and I believe it would have taken more than one person to over come him. I just hope some evidence of his whereabouts is forthcoming very soon !!!!

Odd that no update recently, must be a few weeks now, now they have the money from the public i think that the basic facts in an update would be priority, or maybe not, just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member