UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the grandparents and father want to state this in open support of the police right now.

Corrie’s grandparents praise ‘quiet heroes’ police

The grandparents of missing airman Corrie McKeague have called the police ‘quiet heroes’ in the search for their grandson. “You don’t realise how much time and effort the police put in and how much they give of themselves personally and professionally until something like this happens,” says grandmother, Mary McKeague.

Corrie’s grandfather Oliver added: “And sometimes they end up taking so much criticism. It’s sad and unhelpful. “What we’ve seen has been nothing short of incredible and we support their efforts 100 per cent. There’s so much that goes on behind the scenes and we can’t thank them enough.”

Read more at: http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/corrie-s-grandparents-praise-quiet-heroes-police-1-7737768
clearly the grandparents and the police are thinking different to the rest of the family at this point,

He states at the end his friends left before him so before Flex kicking out time (03:00)? Assuming they were there and Corrie was with them at some point. The way doorman (article) and manager of Flex (Look East) talked the other day made it sound like Corrie was on his own and never did meet up with his friends, though?

It is still all too vague after three months....
No it doesn't make sense. If they left Flex before him they must have left before 1 a.m as nicola states he left just after 1. Wonder where they went?

Interesting that the grandparents and father want to state this in open support of the police right now.

Corrie’s grandparents praise ‘quiet heroes’ police

The grandparents of missing airman Corrie McKeague have called the police ‘quiet heroes’ in the search for their grandson. “You don’t realise how much time and effort the police put in and how much they give of themselves personally and professionally until something like this happens,” says grandmother, Mary McKeague.

Corrie’s grandfather Oliver added: “And sometimes they end up taking so much criticism. It’s sad and unhelpful. “What we’ve seen has been nothing short of incredible and we support their efforts 100 per cent. There’s so much that goes on behind the scenes and we can’t thank them enough.”

Read more at: http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/corrie-s-grandparents-praise-quiet-heroes-police-1-7737768

Such respect for them. I agree the police are most likely doing a hell of a lot more than we know

often went missing and nothing to feel guilty about , sounds like they have a good idea what corrie is really like!, I wouldn't be surprised if the raf are thinking AWOL, no evidence of anything else has happened to him so most likely that left on his own free will, IMO

There's a difference between pulling on a night out and going home with someone and going missing. He's 23. Do you remember being 23?

Am I the only one who thinks that makes no sense? They think his phone travelled in a vehicle so by saying one of the theories is he was hit by a car and then the person moved his body makes how much sense? That's without adding into the fact that he couldn't walk out of the horseshoe by ut.

As for the raf statement, it's a weird one on paper but watching him talk I think he was inferring Corrie liked a drink, had wild nights, often went off and did his own thing, whether that's going home with ladies or men isn't relevant. So odd though.
I think they meant hit while walking back to camp yet their searching near BM. Did he have a friend living over that way? Seems to me the RAF know more than they're saying.

I think they meant hit while walking back to camp yet their searching near BM. Did he have a friend living over that way? Seems to me the RAF know more than they're saying.

Apparently it's not unusual for raf and usaf servicemen to know each other and be friends

No it doesn't make sense. If they left Flex before him they must have left before 1 a.m as nicola states he left just after 1. Wonder where they went?

Capt Smeath's words were "they were going home before Corrie" so that doesn't mean they left Flex before him.

imo it's a statement made in hindsight.....they know Corrie was seen on CCTV just before 3.30 so if they left around 3ish then they went home before him.

They don't feel guilty about leaving to go home without him as he'd already left the club and in their minds had likely gone off on one of his 'hook-ups'. Lads were aware of his lifestyle, "he was used to going off on his own"

The more I think about it the more I feel it wasn't unusual for him to not come home opposed to it not being unusual to go off with other friends during a night out

Think how hard you would have to hit someone in a car to injure them enough to think the easiest way out is either leaving them somewhere quiet to go on their own or hiding their body.

Someone would have had some serious damage to their car, damage that would need to have been hidden or fixed, debris in the road etc

If you were going to try and get away with it as horrible as it sounds, it's easier just to drive off and leave them there rather than risk leaving forensic evidence on their body and being found later.

IMO it's not logical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did think earlier that maybe someone gave Corrie a lift and then Corrie walked in front of the car as it was taking off again (after dropping him off), and the person might have picked him up and put him in the car, but then Corrie died en route to a hospital, the driver panicked and decided to hide the body somewhere instead?

But a car just starting up isn't going to be going fast enough to hurt someone that badly?And I can't see something in the horseshoe being high enough speed to cause injuries that severe, or without loss of blood and leaving forensic traces?

Capt Smeath's words were "they were going home before Corrie" so that doesn't mean they left Flex before him.

imo it's a statement made in hindsight.....they know Corrie was seen on CCTV just before 3.30 so if they left around 3ish then they went home before him.

They don't feel guilty about leaving to go home without him as he'd already left the club and in their minds had likely gone off on one of his 'hook-ups'. Lads were aware of his lifestyle, "he was used to going off on his own"

Do you not think it sounds like he had other plans and they knew he wasn't going home with them?

��

My comment by the way was not intended as genuine, more that they could lie and say they had low lights and heard they hit something but didn't check as they assumed it was an animal.

I know what you mean, it could happen, more likely if the person was in dark clothing. The fact that Corrie was in pink and white is a bonus, it will be way easier to spot anything than if he was in dark colours.

I hate to say this, but if working on the assumption Corrie is dead I hope he is found this weekend. The not knowing after all these weeks must be torturous. I'm still hoping for the miraculous reappearance on 23rd though!

I know what you mean, it could happen, more likely if the person was in dark clothing. The fact that Corrie was in pink and white is a bonus, it will be way easier to spot anything than if he was in dark colours.

I hate to say this, but if working on the assumption Corrie is dead I hope he is found this weekend. The not knowing after all these weeks must be torturous. I'm still hoping for the miraculous reappearance on 23rd though!

Haha! Have to say the 23rd has been bugging me!

I think whatever the outcome the family need closure. I'd like to think the police have more of an idea on his movements that night and that they're not totally useless as theyve been criticised to be (well not in those exact words)

As I said before there she just so much scope for so many different scenarios based on the information we have. I couldn't call it to be honest but if he isn't awol, he's most likely no longer alive. Very sad for all involved.

Where would be the local A&E in Bury?

It could fit the timing if Corrie started walking home, got hit by a car, driver puts him in the car and starts heading back to BSE for the hospital, but Corrie expires and instead the driver keeps driving in the direction of Mildenhall with the aim of clearing their head and coming to a decision, but as they get to Barton Mills they decide on a forest burial and driving away as if nothing happened. It would explain the 'missing hour' between 3.24 in the horseshoe and the phone not being picked up on the BM mast until around 4.30. It doesn't explain how Corrie gets out of the horseshoe, but maybe there is enough breakage in the CCTV footage somewhere or Corrie does manage to disappear behind a van and get missed by a camera?

Where would be the local A&E in Bury?

It could fit the timing if Corrie started walking home, got hit by a car, driver puts him in the car and starts heading back to BSE for the hospital, but Corrie expires and instead the driver keeps driving in the direction of Mildenhall with the aim of clearing their head and coming to a decision, but as they get to Barton Mills they decide on a forest burial and driving away as if nothing happened. It would explain the 'missing hour' between 3.24 in the horseshoe and the phone not being picked up on the BM mast until around 4.30. It doesn't explain how Corrie gets out of the horseshoe, but maybe there is enough breakage in the CCTV footage somewhere or Corrie does manage to disappear behind a van and get missed by a camera?

Do people genuinely do this though? Sounds very eastenders to me. Putting into a car I can imagine d going to the hospital but even if he dies by hiding the body that's a big leap from ordinary person to criminal.

I still don't buy it. They wouldnt know they had gone home before corrie at the time. If he always stayed out, where did he stay? They must know. How did he usually pick his car up next day? They must know. They didn't know he was missing they said didn't they? Well if that was his "lifestyle" they did know. They can't have it both ways. Know it all knows nothing as my dad always said.

21 October 2016
A police spokeswoman has confirmed that the abandoned Transit-type van, left in the centre of the Norfolk village of Methwold, near Thetford, has now been seized for further investigation.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/abandone...e_of_raf_serviceman_corrie_mckeague_1_4745566

15 December 2016
Police have joined forces with Suffolk Lowland search and Rescue, the RAF, and other agencies, in the quest to find him. They have closed A-roads, taken out search and rescue dogs, and searched a van and a bin lorry.
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/live-reports-major-incident-cambridge-12325561

Did LE ever officially rule out this van in relation to Corrie's disappearance? Is Saturday's search taking place near the area the van was found? I'm wondering if there may be a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member