UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental health specifically depression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think depression fits. He's going out, taking care of his appearance etc.

Bipolar seems to fit. He's very "up" and due to him being "skint" it shows possible irresponsible actions with money, purchasing a puppy he can't really keep in the place he's living.. it fits with a manic episode.

This is all speculation obvs.

Did his friends leave him on purpose because of the way he was acting?
Probably been mentioned already not followed this case.

Important to remember that being depressed and regardless of what was happening in his private life that doesn't mean he couldn't have been a victim of a third party attack.

Important to remember that being depressed and regardless of what was happening in his private life that doesn't mean he couldn't have been a victim of a third party attack.

I agree, imo it is also most likely.

Due to his behaviour on CCTV, in my opinion it wasn't a 'random' attack.

Absolutely, we must not forget that. I do think third party attack in HS is very unlikely.

potential suicidal warning signs...

tempting fate by taking risks that could lead to death:

"If you can think it, Corrie will have done it. He's been hit by a car and he's fallen out of windows”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/people-dont-just-disappear-mum-9004308

spent the early part of the evening drinking in a colleague’s room...Corrie drove his prized BMW Z4 sports car into town, arriving at 10pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2611576/raf-airman-corrie-mckeague-mystery-seven-clues/

calling people to say goodbye:

He spent 45 minutes in the car drinking cans of beer and talking to his brother Darroch, 21, on the phone.

Sudden, unexpected switch from being very sad to being very calm or appearing to be happy:

“He had no problems whatsoever. You could not have picked a happier conversation between me and him.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19808...ce-of-the-earth-from-near-terror-snatch-site/

Absolutely, we must not forget that. I do think third party attack in HS is very unlikely.

Maybe random 3rd party is very unlikley but there have been several theories about aggrieved partners or other people Corrie might have upset

<modsnip>

I didn't reach my conclusions on listening to the family, yet you just said it seems to match the picture the family are putting out. Maybe that's not a coincidence? Maybe it is a generally correct picture. There could be details missing from it (as April was missing from the public picture until recently) but that doesn't mean the rest of it is a lie or a fantasy. Some of my conclusions could be wrong, and I didn't give a complete version of them here. Corrie could have been seeing someone behind April's back. Corrie could have thought that when the cat's away the mice will play, and April was in the US that weekend.

The family have mentioned Marham but not given any details of that. They've said Corrie didn't have mental health problems. He's under no obligation to tell them all his health problems though?

Corrie doesn't strike me as depressive, yet I think most of us are basing that on the same 'information'. To me he looks like someone who gets up the next day, brushes himself down and picks himself up and tries again, and it seems to work for him on the basis of personality, lots of friends, finds it easy enough to get a girlfriend, has got himself a decent career that he seems to be doing well with and getting on with co-workers. He seems like a cheeky feller. I don't see signs of anger issues or depression or anything. I'd be open to something along the lines of bipolar but I think it would have to be a recent manifestation, because I don't see it in his past...he seems balanced inside and outgoing and attention-seeking on the outside, but he's got the 'success' in life that says it works for him, and that's what matters with mental health...it's not so much about having an issue but how it impacts your life (imho).

[video=vimeo;188268494]https://vimeo.com/188268494[/video]

http://i.picpar.com/qvdc.png.
This is google streetview, he was walking roughly towards back of blue car

He's on lighter paved area between darker paving and base of tree, walking roughly parallel to angle of white wall, to my eye heading towards rear bin area.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 09.56.07.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 09.56.07.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 10.03.19.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 10.03.19.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 10.14.14.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 10.14.14.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 266
<modsnip>

I didn't reach my conclusions on listening to the family, yet you just said it seems to match the picture the family are putting out. Maybe that's not a coincidence? Maybe it is a generally correct picture. There could be details missing from it (as April was missing from the public picture until recently) but that doesn't mean the rest of it is a lie or a fantasy. Some of my conclusions could be wrong, and I didn't give a complete version of them here. Corrie could have been seeing someone behind April's back. Corrie could have thought that when the cat's away the mice will play, and April was in the US that weekend.

The family have mentioned Marham but not given any details of that. They've said Corrie didn't have mental health problems. He's under no obligation to tell them all his health problems though?

Corrie doesn't strike me as depressive, yet I think most of us are basing that on the same 'information'. To me he looks like someone who gets up the next day, brushes himself down and picks himself up and tries again, and it seems to work for him on the basis of personality, lots of friends, finds it easy enough to get a girlfriend, has got himself a decent career that he seems to be doing well with and getting on with co-workers. He seems like a cheeky feller. I don't see signs of anger issues or depression or anything. I'd be open to something along the lines of bipolar but I think it would have to be a recent manifestation, because I don't see it in his past...he seems balanced inside and outgoing and attention-seeking on the outside, but he's got the 'success' in life that says it works for him, and that's what matters with mental health...it's not so much about having an issue but how it impacts your life (imho).
I had an employee who was diagnosed with depression and hid it very well from the rest of the staff, and friends, and while on medication, still went out and got drunk, life and soul of the party, and was a bit reckless with alcohol. The person put on a very good face and good act outwardly. Same age group as Corrie too. Not all depression falls under Mental Health of course, depends what the diagnoses is. MOO

I had an employee who was diagnosed with depression and hid it very well from the rest of the staff, and friends, and while on medication, still went out and got drunk, life and soul of the party, and was a bit reckless with alcohol. The person put on a very good face and good act outwardly. Same age group as Corrie too. Not all depression falls under Mental Health of course, depends what the diagnoses is. MOO

Completely agree with you. That's not exactly what I was basing my thoughts on, I was looking a bit deeper than that.

But I do accept now that I may have been completely wrong about him not suffering from some kind of depression. (I hope I said that right. I'm trying to be circumspect, but yes, I accept it now.)

It's a bit of an odd angle to focus on. Even Mark Speight's suicide had "reasons" (the loss of his partner). Of all the (local) suicides I know of, we know the reasons. Think about the ones you know about, were they all done mysteriously with no known cause?? Someone close to a suicide victim generally knows why they did it. There are plenty of people in Corrie's life who SHOULD know if that is the case. I'm not saying everyone writes a heartfelt letter and leaves it on their bed... but there are often indicators.

With Corrie, we have an exemplary lifestyle and the insinuation is that this lifestyle led to depression and (in this theory) suicide. What does Corrie have other than his decent job, pretty girlfriends, loving family that could push him to be "unhappy"? If you guys are going to continue on up suicide street - you should really bring some possible triggers to the table.

Numerous family members saying he is happy in life, ex-girlfriend's (or current secret ones) not supportive of suicide claims. And Corrie himself, with all the rivers, railways and waste dumps in the vicinity to "end it all" but chooses a bin area at 3.25am? Or, is picked up by an assistant, like some kind of dr death who has agreed to euthanase Corrie on the sly? I don't really think so, do you?

Sure suicide is a quick and easy conclusion here and it works whilst there's little else to go on in any other conceivable direction. But sometimes I think it's worth listening - when you're being told this isn't the case - that it probably isn't the case. Like Corrie is gay, it took weeks for people to stop asking and believing that, even though they were told very early on and the evidence was pretty much there. Think carefully about delving into the suicide angle when you've been told explicitly multiple times by family members that is highly unlikely.

Someone else said it a long time ago, why would you lock your dog up if you're off to commit suicide? Why would you try to hang out with your RAF buddies and not just desert and visit your family ie brother who you apparently love and console with to bits, or the girl you impregnated? Sure, people do weird things, just day by day they do weird things! But the "suicide" theory is really sloppy at the moment. Back it up with something!

I think markymint is correct about triggers, and that goes for awol as well as suicide.

ETA Sometimes people keep the trigger(s) to themselves, and sometimes that contributes toward it becoming something in their mind that they can't deal with or see a way out of.

Lots of people suffer from depression, but they don't all run away or commit suicide.

I think his death was an accident involving a bin in SB as explained in previous post (positional asphyxia; aspiration; suffocation...something along those lines). The reason for bringing up the idea that he may have had suicidal tendencies was to reinforce the idea of the likelihood of him making irresponsible, impulsive decisions.

Deleting stuff of his SM seems odd to me, if it was a member of my family (brother, father, husband) I'd leave everything as is, incase any of it is evidence or even just so family/friends can go on when they miss him and see his photos/read his posts. It really just seems odd.

Joined just to say that surely the only people that can LEGALLY access Corries SM accounts are Corrie himself, the SM admin (e.g. terms & conditions breach, at the request of LE or the courts, etc.), or a third party appointed to act on Corries behalf by the Court of Protection.

Being bipolar (thankfully now treated and under control), and having attended several mental health courses, I feel semi-qualified to say the following:

Often very depressed people are seen to be the happiest people around; certainly everyone I knew was astonished when I tried to commit suicide.

Once a person has decided that suicide is a justified course of action, that option is always there to be used at a whim.

Typically, many people who decide to end it ll go through a period of extreme happiness leading up to the event (they are happy their troubles will soon be over).

Often, families & friends rebuke the idea that their loved one could be suicidal

No idea if any of this applies to this case as the Police obviously only release the bare minimum information to move the case along and the family seem more positive PR focused.

For anyone who is able to do maps and phone ping overlays, I now have a comprehensive list of all married quarters for RAF honington, if anyone would find this useful please let me know (I will give rough areas, rather than the specific road names). The quarters by the golf course are american quarters, not british (not that it means that wasn't where the party may have been). I know think bike man has a lot more to do with this, still unidentified, talking to lots of people (did he stop and talk to Corrie in the doorway?) and the original information appeal posters looking for keys, wallet, phone and bike.

For anyone who is able to do maps and phone ping overlays, I now have a comprehensive list of all married quarters for RAF honington, if anyone would find this useful please let me know (I will give rough areas, rather than the specific road names). The quarters by the golf course are american quarters, not british (not that it means that wasn't where the party may have been). I know think bike man has a lot more to do with this, still unidentified, talking to lots of people (did he stop and talk to Corrie in the doorway?) and the original information appeal posters looking for keys, wallet, phone and bike.

Can you elaborate on this theory please?

Just coming out of lurkdom to say something about the apparent lack of planning to go AWOL. I have personal experience of 'doing a runner' from a workplace with live in accommodation (not military!) in an impulsive manner. I was in a job I hated but only had about a month left until I finished so I was sticking it out to the end. One night I went out for a drink with workmates, one said something very hurtful, I left the pub and went back to the living quarters, packed my bags and got up the next morning to catch the first bus out of town (which involved sneaking out the back of the living quarters and climbing over a wall!). Now, I went straight home to my family but what if I hadn't wanted to go to them? I often think that I could've just disappeared.
I was only giving up a job, whereas Corrie would've been giving up a career but I still believe this is what he has done; as I said in the Parking Lot thread, unplanned AWOL possibly due to depression, an impulsive act. Even if he wants to make contact now, I just don't see how he can with all this media attention and pressure, just hope he's ok, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member