UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they didn't normally need the weights to charge the customers we really need to know if they were recorded somewhere anyway, this is possible IMO simply because it would happen automatically every time a bin was emptied. In fact as far as I can think this must be the case or surely it would have been said from the start that weight data wasn't collected.

So office admin person looks up on the computer for the date and the location of the pick up (I'm assuming here that this might be what happens) and reads off the weight. What happened then? Did they get the wromg date, the wrong location or do they see "over 100" but tell the police "less than 15". And, if you are that person would you not during the past 5 months gone back and double checked "just in case"?

I think Biffa have a lot to answer for

JMO
I wonder if the weight of recyclables is under a certain limit it is allowed to be mixed in with general waste for landfill?
Also maybe the original lorry driver that went sick drove a lorry with a section for recyclables but the temp cover that actually collected the bin only had a general waste bin lorry.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I don't think there's a case for that particular charge. The cause of death would be the bin lorry, and Biffa appear to have put in reasonable procedures to try to prevent this from happening.

After that it's about the procedures that failed to notice Corrie after the incident had happened. But that's not manslaughter, and we don't even know if there was any negligence...as long as they followed their usual procedures I doubt it could be criminal negligence.

There 'might' be a question mark over the driver and whether he knocked on the side of the bin or if he was watching the camera footage as the bin was tipped. At the end of the day it's a rubbish bin, so it depends on how much the law expects of a person emptying a bin and whether or not the company taught them to use those safeguards. If the safeguards failed, it's no one's fault. An inquiry could be held to require certain safeguards by law, but at the moment they're probably voluntary.

It depends exactly what happened. It depends exactly what the law says on the matter...I'm not an expert, I'm just thinking about it and typing as I think. You can either agree or disagree with my thoughts, but I doubt there's any cause for corporate level charges, and I don't know who'd be charged if the people involved in each procedure weren't observant or missed a step...again at the end of the day their job is to process rubbish, not search for dead bodies mixed in with the waste. If they notice something, then they're obliged to notify the police, but if they don't notice anything...I don't know.

That's a fair post now I need to go and find something I read on line earlier that supports your post.

I'm actually furious this morning, if that poor boy was in a recycling bin and that bin went straight to a landfill why the hell am I an everyone else in this area recycling on a daily basis! It obviously doesn't matter and the fact we have to pay for extra recycling and rubbish bags but it's all going to the same place now is it?! There needs to of be some serious checks in this area if it is the case! What makes it worse is poor poor Corrie, his mother won't be able to see and say good bye to her baby not after six months, if he had been found through sorting at least she could have had all of her child to bury, terribly he might not ever be found whole now or ever even discovered if it was foul play or not. I'm disgusted honestly

The recycling myth has been going on for years. The very same poor practice was discovered a good few years ago in my area. Token amount going to sorting station and the rest going to landfill. Seems it's easier and cheaper that way and the local councils turn a blind eye because it keeps everyone happy. I'd hazard a guess that the companies claim that the depot was 'full' is a standard line available for where and when required.

It's not such a huge leap to come to the same conclusion in this case.

(try a Google search of 'council recycling going to landfill')

Just based purely on my own opinion, I am confused why originally the information relayed pointed to the direction that the bin contained paper waste, it was weighed and hand sorted. I remember reading in msm that a body could not be missed in this process. Why is paper waste in the landfill? Why is the weight not applicable? There are many news reports locally to myself alleging that the process for recycling isnt followed through as we all assume and that most waste is tipped in landfill. I have no proof of this personally but have read several reports. Could this have been why the assurances that were given so early on were incorrect? Could this be why when all the clues pointed to this being the outcome the police are only now searching the landfill? If the people working for the recycling holding plant and landfill knew that the paper waste would go to landfill without being hand sorted did they inform the police? I hope there is a public enquiry into this investigation. If a body is discovered how do you apologise to a mother who in the first few days called for this line of enquiry to be followed up and has had to endure months of false hope based on the assurance her insticts as a mother and police officer could not be right.

In fact, the more i think of that last option, the more i think that is probably what happened. The weight was recorded as 100kg, maybe on paper .... and then when that was added to a database, someone thought .. 100kg ????????? that can't be right ....
Maybe it should have been recorded as 110kg but a genuine typo occurred missing the last digit '0' off.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The recycling myth has been going on for years. The very same poor practice was discovered a good few years ago in my area. Token amount going to sorting station and the rest going to landfill. Seems it's easier and cheaper that way and the local councils turn a blind eye because it keeps everyone happy.
It's not such a huge leap to come to the same conclusion in this case.
Which is why this case has opened a huge can of worms outside of the disappearance of CM. Here we all are believing what we are being told from the powers that be and there is a possibility our recycling may end up in landfill Crikey if I lived in BSE I would want answers however we don't know yet if that has actually happened. I suspect if it is proved that it has happened all hell will brake loose. IMHO

It would appear what is supposed to happen to recycling ( what people pay for), what police were told about this particular collection, and what actually happens to recycling are allegedly not the same thing in my opinion - hope these questions are answered publicly. The cost to corrie and his family is by far the heaviest but the public spending on this investigation and search could so easily have been lessened if this line of enquiry had not had so many errors

Bins are weighed because money changes hands according to the weight. Therefore there would be an incentive for weights to be systematically under-recorded. Possibly a scam that's been going on for some time. Probably not unique to BSE either.

Bins are weighed because money changes hands according to the weight. Therefore there would be an incentive for weights to be systematically under-recorded. Possibly a scam that's been going on for some time. Probably not unique to BSE either.
Well forgive me for being cynical but always follow the money and you will find the answer eventually.

Wow what a *advertiser censored** up, this is embarrassing how long it's taken SP to get to bottom of this, god as soon as news broke about his phones route users on here questioned the weights straight away why didn't the police.
6 Months to work out they were given false information wow shocking.

Not for me. Drunk people do stupid things.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to hear if he had gone to sleep in bins before. Its a question they never answered when it had been asked so many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all very well heaping blame and abuse on the police but if Corrie did die that night, nothing the police could have done then or since would have changed that.

It's all very well heaping blame and abuse on the police but if Corrie did die that night, nothing the police could have done then or since would have changed that.

Nope but they could have found him sooner and saved his family so much unneeded stress.

They messed up.

Would be interesting to hear if he had gone to sleep in bins before. Its a question they never answered when it had been asked so many times.

I think but don't quote me NU said it wasn't unknown. Somewhere in the distant past it rings a bell in one of the interviews somewhere.

So his mum requested that the landfill be searched back in September, police said there was no need?

Nope but they could have found him sooner and saved his family so much unneeded stress.

They messed up.
Unless he is found in landfill this is not the case. The family were pushing the third party abduction angle for some months. I think we all need to wait and see. Once anything is found then additional investigations will begin.

I think but don't quote me NU said it wasn't unknown. Somewhere in the distant past it rings a bell in one of the interviews somewhere.

If they knew that then why didn't they just say that could have been a possibility. Instead of this wild goose chase, outing innocent people seen on cctv, pointing suspicion at drivers, cyclists, taxi drivers, take away workers, sex swingers etc etc.

If this turns out to be a case of misadventure some people are literally going to sue the hell out of someone. Starting with the police for being incompetent from the get go.

So his mum requested that the landfill be searched back in September, police said there was no need?

and also the family were adamant that he had been taken at the start, that would not fit in with the landfill,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname