UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were paid 50,000...

[FONT=&amp]...The net worth of the agency, founded by former soldier Forbes McKenzie in 2011, is £153. And accounts lodged with Companies House in March 2016 suggest they are owed £57,811.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“A look at their website raises the question why such an agency, without any visible experience in the field of missing person inquiries and lacking transparency or financial probity, should have been selected to conduct the investigation – especially when the cost for the engagement is sourced from publicly-donated funds."[/FONT]

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-corrie-mckeague-warned-50k-9712968

And...

[FONT=&amp]...claims the ABI contacted Nicola and offered to assist in the search for Dunfermline-born Corrie pro bono – free of charge – but got no reply.

So instead of using a reputable org free of charge, 50,000 was spent on a group of unknowns.[/FONT]
I can't see why this is relevant as the money was privately raised and can be spent as they wish. The public bill for the police will be £800k after LF search is complete, so that is more relevant IMO.

The bin lorry wasn't the only real option. There were 4 vehicles of interest, 1 of which was the bin lorry, and 2 of the others were forensically searched.

No, it really was the only option - the phone left the horseshoe and followed the same path as the bin truck at the same time - the other vehicles didn't leave the horseshoe at the same time, nor follow the same route at the same time.

Therefore he was in the bin truck - either in the back or in the cab, which has yet to be determined.

Miss French ... I am glad to find that I am not the only one that thinks with my head rather than my heart !! well written

Part of transcript from a Q&A by Nicola: The police looked back at the previous 7 months history for that specific bin and it was always between 10 and 15 kg.

If the police are shown records, are they then supposed to assume they are false? The family may have wanted the landfill searched, but there was other/onflicting information from them; they agreed the waste procedures were correct, they said Corrie walked home to base, he would get in a car with a stranger, they organised an unofficial search for C saying he could have been hit by a car walking home from BM. I'm not knocking the family for organising this, but much of the research done by WS members has been based on what N and UT have said and presumption ono what could have happened given the environment from which C disappeared. We know very little of what the police investigation and rightly so.

Who else here thinks that SP have totally mishandled this from the beginning, and are probably still mishandling it now?

I actually spoke via electronic communication to Corries mother in December (and I have the records of the conversations), and I contacted her to tell her I didn't believe the weights that had been presented to the Police and why I didn't believe them.

Obviously her reply, undoubtedly influenced by SP was that the weights were right.

My issue now is this:

If you are asked by the Police to provide weights of bins in an investigation into a person who went missing, and whose phone travelled the same route as your bin truck...

You KNOW that some people pay by the weight of the collected trash, and you KNOW that some people pay a fixed fee based on average weights or per collection...

Presumably the data was downloaded in some form of spreadsheet, and presumably if the customer is paying on an average weight basis / per collection basis, you know that the system will present a nominal figure as the recorded weight for bill calculation purposes, then...

Would you not at that point as a company, knowing there are different payment methods and billing options, actually CHECK what deal the people who owned that bin have, check that the weight you give the Police IS in fact the actual weighed bin and not the average, and MAKE SURE that the information you have provided is accurate?

I can't believe an entire company of people who ALL know it was their truck and their bin and that the weight measurement is critical - could possibly mess that up.

And clearly, since the Police DO now have the actual weight - it WAS recorded and that information was there all along.

I don't think the Police should write it off as "accidental" that they were given the wrong data, it simply can't have been missed, surely?

The salesperson who deals with that account would know what deal they have, and it would be on the system as well, and undoubtedly numerous other people would know as well.

SP are perhaps covering their own arses by covering other peoples - this is too big a mess to be purely accidental?
Its been stated as human error so that is a problem when you are relying on people telling the truth and coming forward. Look at the effort with the police pod when still only half the people had come forward at the end of November. It's all very well criticising from our armchairs but "walk a mile in their shoes first". Personally I am fed up with the police bashing right the way thru this case. It is still a missing person case at the end of the day.

No, it really was the only option - the phone left the horseshoe and followed the same path as the bin truck at the same time - the other vehicles didn't leave the horseshoe at the same time, nor follow the same route at the same time.

Therefore he was in the bin truck - either in the back or in the cab, which has yet to be determined.

I agree, the phone pings followed the route of the bin lorry so surely it should have been the priority vehicle, the timing and the pings were too much of a coincidence, it was obvious to so many people that a mistake with weight could have been made. This could have and should have been found out long before now and I do think the family deserve an apology.

The search could cost up to £500,000 on top of the £300,000 already spent by Suffolk police.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie_m..._police_over_milton_landfill_search_1_4922514

Bet their accountant wishes they'd searched sooner too. We're talking a million if you include the other forces drafted in plus the MIT.
I'm sure their accountant would much prefer if people weren't getting into or were put into waste bins in the first place.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Interesting that you should say that because I was looking through the SP updates recently and noticed that some details seem to have been changed. Their term "loosely correlates" (with the bin lorry) doesn't seem to be there now.
That term was used in the first press conference I believe and wasn't in an update.

You've made some really good points Dave and it's a real shame that Nicola wasn't able to follow up on your information but you're confusing me by your mentions of C being either in the back or the cab. If he was in the cab then the bin weight isn't relevant is it? If he was put directly into the business area of the truck that would bypass the weighing process wouldn't it?

I'm trying to keep my thoughts straight but I'm getting lost I think

We don't have all the details of the police investigation, they've kept most of their cards very close to their chest.

There are some questions raised, now that we've been told the bin weight was wrong all along.

Why didn't the forensics on the bin lorry find anything? If that had found traces, then they would have had to go to the landfill to search regardless of the bin weight.

I've also seen a lot of people (not necessarily here) who were saying months ago that they wanted the landfill searched to find Corrie's phone, in case that was in the bin. That's not exactly the same thing as 'knowing' Corrie was in the landfill, and even if anyone did 'know' in their gut that's not how the police should work, they have to do enquiries and have an order of precedence of what to do in which order, and they need evidence.

From what we knew, 90% of the evidence said Corrie was not in the bin. From what they're saying today that's not much different from what the police did have as evidence. That they could have/should have had more evidence to point towards the landfill is something else. Maybe someone's gut feeling says there was incompetence or negligence, but I don't feel I could make those accusations at this point without more information.

There are still so many things we don't know. We don't know where the bin lorry went after Mildenhall. We don't know what happened to the load in the back, whether it underwent sorting or incineration or what. If it did undergo any of those processes, then looking at weighbridge data after the load was tipped for further sorting or processing might not have helped.

I think it's the combination of the two things, though, the incorrect weight, and also the lack of forensic evidence. I don't know if the police already know exactly what the answers are to those two things, but I would totally agree those questions need to be asked.

There are currently police workers out at Milton searching that landfill. Corrie's family are waiting for confirmation he's there, and it might be a long wait as items of interest are taken back for forensic testing, and then if bones are found they'll need to be tested and a post mortem and an inquest. I think this is a sober time and we can only hope that this massive task at the landfill will be able to give Corrie's family at least the certainty of an answer...at least as much as finding remains can satisfy that word. It's a sad and incomplete answer, but maybe the cctv and interviews police have done with people in the vicinity of the horseshoe that morning can give at least a 99% probability as to whether or not there was foul play involved, and follow through on that if the probability is 'yes'.

I agree 110%. It surely isn't believable that everyone involved within the company missed that a mistake had been made - surely after the lorry was seized for over a week around October, the company would have been scrutinising their records to ensure that there had not been any errors made. This doesn't make sense to me that they all missed it for so long and I still think this could be a 'mop up of the *advertiser censored* up'. Is it possible they knew all along and have only now admitted it because they know that he will be found there. Why have the Police stated that no charge will be brought. Have they questioned the driver? I am in disbelief at the money wasted, the update today from the Police said she was frustrated, it beggars belief. All the money donated, volunteers, SULSAR, the private agency brought in to the tune of £50k etc etc. I'm not convinced that not one single person in that company didn't know the weight was wrong. How come they suddenly realised an error after all these months and all the £ spent.
AFAIK it is not SP s job to police rubbish bins. They have murders, robberies and assaults to also deal with and the rubbish companies are the people responsible for these bins as well as the businesses themselves.

So, if as you say, the bin truck is the only option, why do have two options with the bin truck? There could still be a third option that he was in another vehicle not far behind or in front.

Who else here thinks that SP have totally mishandled this from the beginning, and are probably still mishandling it now?

I actually spoke via electronic communication to Corries mother in December (and I have the records of the conversations), and I contacted her to tell her I didn't believe the weights that had been presented to the Police and why I didn't believe them.

Obviously her reply, undoubtedly influenced by SP was that the weights were right.

My issue now is this:

If you are asked by the Police to provide weights of bins in an investigation into a person who went missing, and whose phone travelled the same route as your bin truck...

You KNOW that some people pay by the weight of the collected trash, and you KNOW that some people pay a fixed fee based on average weights or per collection...

Presumably the data was downloaded in some form of spreadsheet, and presumably if the customer is paying on an average weight basis / per collection basis, you know that the system will present a nominal figure as the recorded weight for bill calculation purposes, then...

Would you not at that point as a company, knowing there are different payment methods and billing options, actually CHECK what deal the people who owned that bin have, check that the weight you give the Police IS in fact the actual weighed bin and not the average, and MAKE SURE that the information you have provided is accurate?

I can't believe an entire company of people who ALL know it was their truck and their bin and that the weight measurement is critical - could possibly mess that up.

And clearly, since the Police DO now have the actual weight - it WAS recorded and that information was there all along.

I don't think the Police should write it off as "accidental" that they were given the wrong data, it simply can't have been missed, surely?

The salesperson who deals with that account would know what deal they have, and it would be on the system as well, and undoubtedly numerous other people would know as well.

SP are perhaps covering their own arses by covering other peoples - this is too big a mess to be purely accidental?

My issue is this:

Police said themselves (about 26 Sept) that he could not have left the HS or BSE without being seen on at least one CCTV. Yet they then say he may have attempted to walk back to base. He did not leave on foot. A vehicle was clearly involved right from the start and yet the police action was totally contradictory. Clearly the police were operating on more information than they ever let on or they messed up.

The only vehicle that followed the same movements of his phone was the bin lorry yet they didn't follow through.

AFAIK it is not SP s job to police rubbish bins. They have murders, robberies and assaults to also deal with and the rubbish companies are the people responsible for these bins as well as the businesses themselves.

I agree, it's not SPs job to police rubbish bins. If you read my post again you will see that it was the company I was referring to, it was and is their job to ensure that everything is done correctly. After the bin lorry was seized for checking, the bin company should have done everything in its power to check that the weight they gave to the Police was accurate.

If the Police are shown records for a bin that is normally 11Kg, and nothing has changed, nothing has happened, there is nothing going on, then seeing 11Kg again woruld raise no eyebrows.

But this isn't what has happened - a person went missing, must have left in a vehicle, a bin truck was the only real option, and the phone tracked the bin truck movement - in this case the reading should NOT have been taken as correct, it was obvious it wasn't correct - like I said, I spoke to NU and told her this 3 months ago.

If I can work that out - as did many other people - without any access to the data, the people behind the data, etc, etc, etc - then why can't the bloody Police work it out until 3 months later?
Did you call the police with your info and doubts at that time?

I have been looking for links for 2 hrs now , I can't find it , just remember reading it as it stood out to me with the times I will look again when I get time ,re the biffa lorry picking up at Tesco in Barton Mills area

I have been looking for links for 2 hrs now , I can't find it , just remember reading it as it stood out to me with the times I will look again when I get time ,re the biffa lorry picking up at Tesco in Barton Mills area

Wasn't it Sainsburys?

Did you call the police with your info and doubts at that time?

After speaking to a good friend of mine who is a haulage operator (who used to deal with waste contracts) I contacted them months ago to express concern and doubt about the alleged 11kgs. A number of different sources have suggested to them that there could have been an error with the weight.

SP keep saying the "company" experts were the ones that provided the bin weights, never "Biffa". Could the experts be the weighing system suppliers/manufactures rather than Biffa? I just can't work out why HS was arrested, though.

I will post the following without comment. Any/all comments/questions welcome, though.

Below is a EE mast between Golf Links Road and the A11 near Red Lodge.
Uapc.png

Below is a still from the ForcesTV doc December 9th. The mast shown here appears to be the one I posted above (not the fiveways roundabout micromast)
Xapc.png

Below is a screenshot of Google Maps showing what I believe is the above shown mast in ForcesTV.
Zapc.png

Here is the Google Maps link for you to check it out yourselves: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3...4!1sbU7VmSI-Q3CKHqqDDn_I5g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

In this shot from the ForcesTV doc It shows the sign for Barton Mills which is under 400 metres away from Golf Link Road.
abpc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member