UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
'A force spokesman said: “Police have the report, the time given was prior to Corrie’s phone leaving Bury St Edmunds. There was nothing to link this to Corrie.” '

Surely they wouldn't rule it out purely because of the phone? There must be more to it if they searched that area.
Is there a link for that Cherwell? Was that recent?
IMO they didn't initially release details of the sighting because they didn't want the dogging connection to come out.
Additionally, the phone is reported to have been on the BSE mast till 04.25. That would be till approx 3 miles outside of BSE and would connect to the BM mast approx 3 miles from Five ways back towards BSE. Travelling that 6 miles between mast signal areas would only take about 6 minutes so the times do seem to fit the phone AFAICS.

As I don't know the area, this is a good descriptive post for me. I believe this sighting as credible, due to the details they gave, which meant they were very close to him. The guy must have become frustrated, reading about the landfill search coming up with nothing, after all this time, and decided to go to the papers. I remember the family discounting other sightings, including one, in the early days, by a family, at a service station, en route to London.
I don't know the area either, except on Google Maps/Streetview. I've made a little map of the two sightings to help.
attachment.php

Attachments

• SightingsMap.jpg
    SightingsMap.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 168
Thanks for that map Reallyodd, I don't know how to post maps.
Following the route you've marked would be a reasonable way back to Honnington from Fiveways. Then Brandon centre and the Thetford Road. I wouldn't dismiss any of this as a possibility.

I suppose it comes down to how strongly one is convinced C could/couldn't leave the horseshoe without being seen?

I don't know the area either, except on Google Maps/Streetview. I've made a little map of the two sightings to help.
attachment.php

What keys were found? I seem to have missed that completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit more of a police statement from this Scottish Record article. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/new-witness-spotted-missing-raf-10512411

“He stood out because it was 4.30am, very cold and he was in shirt sleeves. I think he was heading towards Newmarket but I lost sight of him as I was doing 70mph.

“I drive that route regularly as I do a morning bread delivery in Suffolk.

“It is not an area you would want to stop at because it is a notorious meeting place for swingers and
doggers. He could have been abducted by someone there and bundled into a vehicle. Who knows? It certainly makes me doubt the rubbish tip theory.”

Roy and wife Maria both reported the sighting to Suffolk Police.

A spokeswoman for the Suffolk force said: “Police have located the report made, which said a person was seen running across the road.

“No description of the person could be given and it was said to have been around 4am but the caller could not be specific about the day.

“The time given was prior to Corrie’s phone leaving Bury St Edmunds.

Thanks for that map Reallyodd, I don't know how to post maps.
Following the route you've marked would be a reasonable way back to Honnington from Fiveways. Then Brandon centre and the Thetford Road. I wouldn't dismiss any of this as a possibility.

I suppose it comes down to how strongly one is convinced C could/couldn't leave the horseshoe without being seen?
Well we know his phone definitely left anyway. What time was the Brandon sighting DWK? If he's not in LF and he's not in HS he definitely left too IMO. Getting into the seen/not seen debate is just non productive. Accept he did leave then work out how. These two sightings could be the how.

Could you put Honiton on that map? I think it is East of Brandon?
It's quite a distance away and you wouldn't go via Brandon. Anyway, I have made a round map of his possible travels that night, starting at Honnington, going down to BSE, then to BM and Mildenhall and back to Honnington from there.
attachment.php

Attachments

• round map raf hon bse bm to raf hon.jpg
    round map raf hon bse bm to raf hon.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 156
A bit more of a police statement from this Scottish Record article. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/new-witness-spotted-missing-raf-10512411

“He stood out because it was 4.30am, very cold and he was in shirt sleeves. I think he was heading towards Newmarket but I lost sight of him as I was doing 70mph.

“I drive that route regularly as I do a morning bread delivery in Suffolk.

“It is not an area you would want to stop at because it is a notorious meeting place for swingers and
doggers. He could have been abducted by someone there and bundled into a vehicle. Who knows? It certainly makes me doubt the rubbish tip theory.”

Roy and wife Maria both reported the sighting to Suffolk Police.

A spokeswoman for the Suffolk force said: “Police have located the report made, which said a person was seen running across the road.

“No description of the person could be given and it was said to have been around 4am but the caller could not be specific about the day.

“The time given was prior to Corrie’s phone leaving Bury St Edmunds.
Could the report be the one from the wife who would not be so clear on the details? They'd need the one from the husband who actually saw him.

Well we know his phone definitely left anyway. What time was the Brandon sighting DWK? If he's not in LF and he's not in HS he definitely left too IMO. Getting into the seen/not seen debate is just non productive. Accept he did leave then work out how. These two sightings could be the how.
Wangford Road junction with Brandon Road was iirc around 4.45am. That would fit with C getting a lift from the Esso station at BM and perhaps being dropped off somewhere near that junction. If that was the case, then if the driver was going on to Brandon and that's where C was heading, surely he would have taken him further?

Wangford Road junction with Brandon Road was iirc around 4.45am. That would fit with C getting a lift from the Esso station at BM and perhaps being dropped off somewhere near that junction. If that was the case, then if the driver was going on to Brandon and that's where C was heading, surely he would have taken him further?
I vaguely remember someone talking about an old back road up there somewhere too so I need to do some searching. Those timings are spookily close together though.

The back road I am thinking of is from Elveden to Barnhan then to RAF Honington. So Wangford Rd to Elveden perhaps, then that back road.

Also, Brandon is very close to the rave that took place on that Saturday p.m. near Grimes Graves at which the Mildenhall guy took ill and died three days later the following Tuesday.

It looks like across Wangford Warren to Elveden then Barnham and Honiton base would be a shortcut. I wonder if they have considered searching that route at all?

I've just found some old notes I made way back when. This is what I have from what we were told:
The phone was on the BSE mast from 1.10am.
Last sighting of C on CCTV at 3.25am
The phone moved between 3.34am and 4.30am where it then remained on the BM mast without moving again and went dead around 8am.
A vehicle was seen leaving the HS at 4.14am
The phone left the BSE mast at 4.19am (I also have this exact time for it picking up the BM mast.)
Bin lorry arrived at HS at 4.20am and left at 4.25am. A man on his phone with two others saw the BL there, but none of them saw C. This was later said to be the teenagers that we were asked to ID. Bin lorry man had also heard them making a noise, as had lady with her private cctv.

So how did we get to LF from that?

The last two public searches that N organised were around the Barton mills mildenhal area, I wounder if N knew about this sighting and that the police weren't interested being the reason for the searches around that area,

The last two public searches that N organised were around the Barton mills mildenhal area, I wounder if N knew about this sighting and that the police weren't interested being the reason for the searches around that area,
They must have taken some interest in it as they searched the A11, though I wonder if they took the search far enough. Here's the news report of it:
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/search-t...ckeague-close-a11-near-barton-mills-1-4725676

They also searched the A1101 leading up to it from BSE: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/police-close-a1101-barton-mills-11988445

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge