UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever seen any confirmation that the Cornhill SC cameras were working at all. We certainly haven't been shown any footage from them.

... and then at some point he has flagged down ... a stranger
I could certainly see cheeky-chappy Corrie doing this, drunk, drugged up or sober. Even Nicola was quick to admit that she saw this as a possibility. In fact, I got the impression she saw this a real possibility.

You have raised too many brilliant points in your posts to comment on all of them. Welcome to the group, buddy.

Thank you ��

If I’ve ever walked around a city centre after a night out at 4am I actually feel more comfortable knowing that fact it’s well lit, lots of CCTV, people will be still around be it people leaving bars or clubs or security staff on 24-7 places, street cleaners, you hear general noise etc.

However if I’ve ever walked around a residential area at 4am, especially one that I’m not familiar with (and I have) it’s a hell of a lot more un-nerving, you’re on darker lit streets, there’s no people around, there are lots of back alley ways, no CCTV, it’s deadly silent and quite creepy. Like anyone could just pop out on you.

Its a no brainer which way he went after that last footage, into the area straight in front of him with only one poorly positioned CCTV camera where it’s a lot easier to hide something untoward. I think they should have (and maybe they have) investigated there first.

Dose anyone else remember a comment about something significant that happened the following weekend and it was being looked in to, I can't for the life of me find it, to what I remember it was in some sort of update by eather Nicola or uncle T ,

I don't think I've ever seen any confirmation that the Cornhill SC cameras were working at all. We certainly haven't been shown any footage from them.

I have read this a few times in a few places and am baffled as to why this specific footage is in question? There is over 1000 hours? of footage SP got hold of and the public have seen no more than 90 seconds of it!

Nicola reiterated again in the 1 year anniversary walkabout the rear CSS camera(s) could see up to the wall on the far side of Short Brackland. Neither SP or Martin have called her out on this which they have been quick to on other "misinformation".

I certainly wouldn’t doubt that the CCS CCTV could see over to the wall on SB but the question is how reliable is it? how clear is the footage? How dark was the area? Is it well lit at night? At any point was the CCTV obstructed? Some CCTV cameras can be such poor quality that it would be easy to miss a figure walking along that street from such a distance especially if it was dark grainy footage.

I have read this a few times in a few places and am baffled as to why this specific footage is in question? There is over 1000 hours? of footage SP got hold of and the public have seen no more than 90 seconds of it!

Nicola reiterated again in the 1 year anniversary walkabout the rear CSS camera(s) could see up to the wall on the far side of Short Brackland. Neither SP or Martin have called her out on this which they have been quick to on other "misinformation".

The point is that it's never been officially established that those cameras were actually working.
I know what N said, but does she know this for certain?
As mentioned above, the shopping centre was empty and the company that owned it was in administration.

And as for footage being released to the public, no of course I don't expect to see much of it, only where the police wanted help. Just commenting that none of what we were shown was from those cameras.

The point is that it's never been officially established that those cameras were actually working.
I know what N said, but does she know this for certain?
As mentioned above, the shopping centre was empty and the company that owned it was in administration.

And as for footage being released to the public, no of course I don't expect to see much of it, only where the police wanted help. Just commenting that none of what we were shown was from those cameras.

Again I'm not sure why it needs to be established that these specific cameras work or not, Cherwell? Also the front CSS internal camera seemed to be working just fine as it caught and helped to find every person and vehicle that passed it (From HS to past McD's) that night and guess this means there is a very good chance the rear external cameras worked too.

Again I'm not sure why it needs to be established that these specific cameras work or not, Cherwell? Also the front CSS internal camera seemed to be working just fine as it caught and helped to find every person and vehicle that passed it (From HS to past McD's) that night and guess this means there is a very good chance the rear external cameras worked too.

I think most of us would agree that there's a number of things we'd like to have established and confirmed. While I am usually the first to say that the police don't have to tell the public everything, the paucity of information given out in this case is remarkable.

Fair point about the front camera, but Paul Simon's doubts about the quality of any rear footage are pertinent.

Going back to the updates uncle T was doing in October ~ November 16 , he was saying that they had tested the CCTV and it was inposible to have walked out, who exactly tested it as at the time it read as if uncle T him self and a few mates had tested it , but now in can't see him having acces to the CCTV eqitment to be able to carry out such an experiment , and I can't see the police doing such a thing as the police have never said that it is inposible ,

Again I'm not sure why it needs to be established that these specific cameras work or not, Cherwell?
If they work effectively, it guarantees that Corrie didn't walk down SB, and therefore narrows down the possible explanations for his egress from the Horse Shoe. If they don't, then it opens up a whole new set of possibilities. In fact it blows a hole in whole investigation. I've always doubted their efficacy, but you would have hoped that Suffolk police would have done their homework on this point.

If they work effectively, it guarantees that Corrie didn't walk down SB, and therefore narrows down the possible explanations for his egress from the Horse Shoe. If they don't, then it opens up a whole new set of possibilities. In fact it blows a hole in whole investigation. I've always doubted their efficacy, but you would have hoped that Suffolk police would have done their homework on this point.

I think at the very least if the footage across the full width of SB exists then it could be used to say person(s) and/or vehicle(s) go past at X time and back or forward track to other cameras from there.

I can't see Nicola bare face lying about the cameras working though and then nobody calls her out on it.

One of my early theories was Corrie walked out from the bins while the Greenwoods camera was turned away and he either chose a bin the second HS (and not walking far enough to be caught on CSC camera) to sleep in or maybe attacked there and dumped in a bin and taken to incinerator or even dumped in a bin and the perp(s) went back on the Sat/Sun to take him elsewhere as no CCTV was checked after 16:00 Saturday?

Dose anyone else remember a comment about something significant that happened the following weekend and it was being looked in to, I can't for the life of me find it, to what I remember it was in some sort of update by eather Nicola or uncle T ,

Was it when Nicola went to the area the following weekend (at 3/4am) and spoke to some men who admitted they were staying at F12 unofficially ie they were not meant to be there, suggesting that someone could have been staying there when Corrie was in the area but the management of F12 wouldn't have it on record.

I really think it's an avenue worth exploring. Corrie seems the type that might accept an invitation to continue partying, and could have left sometime later in the weekend, after the time the CCTV was checked. I'd be interested to know if cadaver dogs were taken up there.

Wasn't there also a private camera on a residential property a little further up SB?

Wasn't there also a private camera on a residential property a little further up SB?

I'm still not sure if this was confused with the rear CSC camera footage? Maybe because it was said it was a private footage but what was actually meant is that it was a private business (CSC) rather than a private residential house? Also I think it was said it was a female that had this footage and the manager of CSC was female.... ?

I think at the very least if the footage across the full width of SB exists then it could be used to say person(s) and/or vehicle(s) go past at X time and back or forward track to other cameras from there.

I can't see Nicola bare face lying about the cameras working though and then nobody calls her out on it.

One of my early theories was Corrie walked out from the bins while the Greenwoods camera was turned away and he either chose a bin the second HS (and not walking far enough to be caught on CSC camera) to sleep in or maybe attacked there and dumped in a bin and taken to incinerator or even dumped in a bin and the perp(s) went back on the Sat/Sun to take him elsewhere as no CCTV was checked after 16:00 Saturday?

This too I think is a good possibility, if an incident occurred between the HS and the CSC camera. In fact it’s around this area where this recent attack took place where the six men attacked a lone man and this was at 10pm where more people will have been walking around, so if that could happen then, it sure could happen at 4am.

Was it when Nicola went to the area the following weekend (at 3/4am) and spoke to some men who admitted they were staying at F12 unofficially ie they were not meant to be there, suggesting that someone could have been staying there when Corrie was in the area but the management of F12 wouldn't have it on record.

I really think it's an avenue worth exploring. Corrie seems the type that might accept an invitation to continue partying, and could have left sometime later in the weekend, after the time the CCTV was checked. I'd be interested to know if cadaver dogs were taken up there.
if I remember correctly they were referring to an incident that happened in the street, eather near flex or the takeaway , they did not give much detail but must have been important to have mentioned it at the time, the following weekend,

if I remember correctly they were referring to an incident that happened in the street, eather near flex or the takeaway , they did not give much detail but must have been important to have mentioned it at the time, the following weekend,

Ah, now then, there was some oddball sneaking about scaring people in BSE around that time, I think he got arrested soon after. I recall posting a link to an EADT article at the time, I'll try and find it....

edit: I think this was what I was thinking of so probably not what you're thinking of!
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/killer-c...eapon-admits-he-regrets-his-actions-1-4757231

I'm sure nobody is suggesting that she is "bare face lying" as you put it. Simply that she might not be in full possession of the facts - which is something she has complained about before.

Not at all sure Scorpio. Everyone on tenterhooks at that time and I can remember that clown thing as Cags mentions, plus the off duty policewoman reporting 'something suspicious' with a white van and the fire at a dental lab in the general area - oh and another person reporting a suspicious 'smell' in a lane somewhere locally.
Quite possible I've forgotten a lot though.

ETA - Just recalled some suggestions about a concert of sorts about that time - photos of C with the female impersonator at another event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname