UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember reading this but for the life of me I can't find it stated on the find Corrie website.

Police made an appeal requesting assistance to trace three people believed to be aged 16 to 18 who were spotted by the bin lorry driver on Cornhill Walk shopping centre on Short Brackland, Bury, at around 4.20am on September 24. They are described as a white female, of quite slim build, possibly with blonde hair wearing either a dark green or navy blue jumper-style top, and two males, one wearing a hooded top. These three have been identified and spoken too.

November 2nd update

Thanks. So I don't forget about it again:

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/02/breaking-news-2nd-november/

Reading this something is clearly wrong. It states that the bin lorry and phone arrived within a few minutes of each other which suggests not together? Worded as if the bin lorry arrived after Corrie's phone?

I've always remembered that, I assumed that while it appears they didn't arrive together it depends on signal strengths and stuff? So the phone could potentially ping before the lorry arrives in bm. After all how to police know the exact spot where his phone pinged and exactly when the lorry did hit that spot? I imagine it's all estimates with room for error.

For what it's worth I don't think the bin lorry is relevant.

Bin driver left after 4.20. Corrie/phone was in mildenhall area 4.30 till 0800 a.m.

Bin driver saw teenagers in Shortbrackland at 0420.
Corrie's phone entered the BM mast area at 0458.
Corrie's phone went silent at around 0800 within the BM mast area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bin driver saw teenagers in Shortbrackland at 0420.
Corrie's phone entered the BM mast area at 0458.
Corrie's phone went silent at around 0800 within the BM mast area.

That's what I thought. Was there not a 4.30am ping on the bse mast also?

The problem here is the bin lorry arrival/departure is unknown AFAIK. At least nothing official?

The bin driver states that he saw three teenagers in Shortbrackland (loading bay? Unsure) at 0420 which places him in that exact spot. If he left Shortbrackland I would guess it would take him a minimum of 20-30 minutes to get to Barton Mills. Meaning he would arrive around 0450 approx.

so you think he arranged a lift earlier in the evening or daytime even?
Edit. They can't have been the arranged pickup then if they have come foward so any lift was arranged earlier either pre-nap or in person therefore. It's complicated right?

Look at the big picture. Corrie purposefully refuses a lift from the American in the kebab shop which means he could have already arranged a lift prior to 0050. He walks with purpose away from the kebab shop towards Hughes doorway to 'wait' whilst he eats his food. Why not wait in the kebab shop? Because he needs to meet his contact for a lift. He bides his time and at 0324 he jogs towards the 'Horseshoe'. Why does he not jog towards the taxi rank or the bus station or his car? Because he's meeting someone there. Why there? Because it affords easy access into BSE and straight out again by car. It avoids the one way system.
IMHO Corrie was waiting for a lift in the 'Horseshoe'.

The statement about not being picked up on CCTV therefore he 'must have left by vehicle' for me doesn't hold water. We know that the CCTV coverage isn't 100% and therefore the hole in the system could have let Corrie out without being seen. All we need now is for Corrie to be a little impatient and walk a few yards out of the 'Horseshoe' and towards Shortbrackland where his lift meets him. Bish, bash, bosh....contact made, lift sorted. Off to BM mast area they go (via a food stop along the way to match the 0430 BSE mast area timing).

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/corrie-search-returns-to-mildenhall-area-1-7674201

Info on sulsar search in mildenhall from November. A relative of mine said it looked like the recycling centre was being searched today. Anyone here happen to be local or past and seen anything to confirm?

If that is true then I can only assume it is for something unrelated to Corrie?

For me the lead time between phone possibly arriving at the recycling processing centre (if indeed that is what happens there)and Police getting there (1st or 2nd October?) was too long. It would have either ended up in a compactor or been pocketed at the latest on the 26th September IMO.

Am I missing something? Last phone ping was Barton mills 4.58? Didn't his phone ping at 4.30 in bse?

Last phone ping at BSE mast area was 0430.
Phone entered BM mast area 0458.
Phone stopped working at BM mast area at approx 0800.

Just thinking about my earlier contact scenario (prior to 0050).
Corrie orders large amount of food including 2 burgers (for two to share as a payment for a lift?).
Corrie walks with purpose towards Hughes doorway and wait (does he think is lift will be there at 0130?).
Corrie sends picture message at 0308 and realises his lift is delayed or he has wrong collection time so eats the burgers.
Corrie jogs towards 'Horseshoe' at 0324 and relieves himself in a secluded spot.
He gets impatient as the lift isn't there and walks towards SB (unintentionally evading the Greenwood's CCTV camera on route) at 0335.
He meets the vehicle in one of several runaround spots in Shortbrackland at 0335.
The both depart.
The driver asks where their burger and chips is. Corrie explains he's eaten it as the driver was late and the food was getting cold.
Driver stops at a food outlet on route (and importantly within the BSE mast area) such as a garage etc for food.
Meanwhile Corrie has reclined his seat and travels unseen...
They both depart for BM but get stuck behind the slower moving HGV bin lorry.
JMO

Thoughts?

Yep from what's seen on google, EE on the South of the roundabout and Voda to the north of it (in the Macdonalds 24 hrs land)

13yibnm.jpg

^ EE mast (formerly T-Mobile).

<modsnip>

32zrplf.jpg

^ Vodaphone mast

Neither of these appear to be "shared" sites (exactly as indicated on the phone mast maps people are posting)

<modsnip> It looks like a standard voda mast to me. The phone mast map indicates the voda mast is, by all accounts, on the roof of the garage, but it doesn't look like there is one, so surely it's this one. Surely any police mast/military mast would be on the local RAF bases themselves...

All someone needs to do is visit and see what the label says ;) But does it really matter? we know there are 2 phone masts within 100 metres of each other and one of them is the EE one that got pinged. We're never going to be able to triangulate an actual position of where the phone was when it pinged...?

The bin driver states that he saw three teenagers in Shortbrackland (loading bay? Unsure) at 0420 which places him in that exact spot. If he left Shortbrackland I would guess it would take him a minimum of 20-30 minutes to get to Barton Mills. Meaning he would arrive around 0450 approx.

Suffolk Constabulary update of 5th October says teens were seen in Short Brackland 'towards the back of Cornhill Walk shopping centre'.

Last phone ping at BSE mast area was 0430.
Phone entered BM mast area 0458.
Phone stopped working at BM mast area at approx 0800.

O430 at mildenhall i.e. BM not BSE. Where is source for 0458 ?

Hard to say, if he was using WhatsApp then that 3.08 message is just the last known message not necessarily the last he sent. It could have been pre arranged or arranged in that doorway.

I'm inclined to believe pre arranged either in the doorway or beforehand if awol is considered.
Dc I said earlier and double checked the website timeline says that 3.08 is last time he used phone.

But how could they know that if they cannot access app data?

Because the 0308 recipient must have come forward and shown the police/family a message from Corrie by way of SMS/whatsapp/other app

Because the 0308 recipient must have come forward and shown the police/family a message from Corrie by way of SMS/whatsapp/other app

I meant how do they know it was the last time he used his phone, sorry I should have been clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean