GUILTY UK - Elizabeth, 49, & Katie Edwards, 13, slain, Spalding, Lincs, 15 April 2016

To be honest the girl has virtually been named by omission, given Liz had three daughters and only two have been given any mention in the media. Never mind what the family and local rumour has said.

Sadly I think this will be a revenge/thrill kill, tied to previous events.

What are the family and local rumour saying? I've checked out the facebook pages of those close to the family but I haven't seen any accusations being made. Isn't it more likely that the third daughter not being named is to protect her from media scrutiny, not because she's a suspect?

I thought as much as sge was the only one who hadn;t commented on facebook I wonder why she would kill her Mum and little sister.So sad,
A married older sister has commented on social media, that her younger sister Kim and her boyfriend are responsible. Tragic.

What are the family and local rumour saying? I've checked out the facebook pages of those close to the family but I haven't seen any accusations being made. Isn't it more likely that the third daughter not being named is to protect her from media scrutiny, not because she's a suspect?

Update: trawled Facebook comments and found the 'runaway teens' articles from October, and it's actually looking glaringly obvious who did it. I retract my questions!

Update: trawled Facebook comments and found the 'runaway teens' articles from October, and it's actually looking glaringly obvious who did it. I retract my questions!

We still can't be sure and we might never be able to discuss these two, if they're not named by the police/courts we can't sleuth them (publicly)

Welcome, by the way!!

This is my town, it's unimaginable. Most of what I've heard is hearsay so I'll refrain from posting until I have solid facts.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

The oldest sister's friends list is public. I noticed Kim wasn't on there although must have been at some point as she had commented on her photos previously.

The oldest sister's friends list is public. I noticed Kim wasn't on there although must have been at some point as she had commented on her photos previously.

Yes, there has been some de-friending going on since I first looked. Speaks volumes.

Welcome to everyone who has signed up for this thread! See link below for index to UK cases.

Cause of death still not determined.

Reminder from Ekkwhine's link:

“I am also taking this opportunity to remind everyone that the two youths charged cannot be named due to their age. The reporting restrictions imposed by the judge apply to everyone, including members of the public, and people must not post information on social media which could lead to identification or they risk being in contempt of court, which is a very serious offence”.

Yes the police are taking this very seriously and appear to be monitoring SM. Can I share a local public SM page on here or not?

Yes the police are taking this very seriously and appear to be monitoring SM. Can I share a local public SM page on here or not?

You can tell us what the page is called.

You can tell us what the page is called.
There is a page called Spotted: Spalding, in which there is/was a lot of conversation on there from locals, neighbours and family members. Of course I'm not in any way saying that this information is accurate I feel it may help give WS'ers an insight into the community and people involved, if the posts are still there.

MOO

I'm just wondering why these latest 2 cases involving teen murderers (3 cases if you also include the kidnapping) have allowed the perps to remain anonymous.Or should I say, why Venables and Thompson were named despite being even younger at just 10 years old?

What's changed? Maybe it's just that lessons were learned in that case; it's been difficult keeping their new identities secret since their names and faces were all over the press. Must have cost the country £millions over the years.

EDIT just Wiki'd the James Bulger case and it was 23 years ago! I must have had some kind of weird time lapse.... I guess a lot has changed in the world since then.

Curious as to how the restriction applies as to those who don't live in the UK. Was fairly easy to find the names of the runaways.

Curious as to how the restriction applies as to those who don't live in the UK. Was fairly easy to find the names of the runaways.
That's an interesting point and I have absolutely no idea

I have mostly avoided Websleuths since the Becky Watts case wrapped up because it is so sad reading about these poor victims but this case is just so strange I had to come here. Would the press even be able to report on the trial as the defendants are underage?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saucebat
Back