GUILTY UK - Elizabeth, 49, & Katie Edwards, 13, slain, Spalding, Lincs, 15 April 2016

There was supposed to be a hearing today as per Alyce's post - has anyone seen anything about it?

In the meantime I've just found this from April about Liz's dog being up for rehoming: http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news...when-police-arrived-at-murder-scene-1-7341184

Hopefully she found a new home.

Oh how sad. I always get very upset thinking about animals left behind for any reason. Really hope she has found a new home with some kind understanding person who can help her to recover.

Agree Legally. They have already stated that stabbing was the COD, unless it now transpires that they died in another way and the stabbing was done after death ? but if that were the case, there would be no way to claim manslaughter.

A mother and daughter were stabbed to death in their beds by two teenagers in a "cold, calculated and callous" killing, a court has heard.

Elizabeth Edwards, 49, and her 13-year-old daughter Katie were found dead at their Lincolnshire home in April 2015.

A jury has been told the pair, of Dawson Avenue, Spalding, were murdered by a boy and girl aged 14 at the time.

At Nottingham Crown Court the boy, now 15, pleaded guilty to their murders. The girl, also 15, denies murder.

However she has admitted killing them, but has claimed diminished responsibility, the prosecution said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-37608804

I hope they find her as guilty as him. She had admitted she wanted the killings to happen and sounds equally involved, so I don't see how she can claim diminished responsibility.

I just want to know WHY? Even in their twisted heads there had to be a reason that made sense to them. So what could be their reason?

I just want to know WHY? Even in their twisted heads there had to be a reason that made sense to them. So what could be their reason?

There are several other cases similar to this but they usually feature serious emotional / physical abuse or a horrendous childhood, I just can't see it in this case, Elizabeth seems like a loving mum. So sad the family have been ripped apart by this.

This case is so sad...a mother and her daughter murdered in their own home by 2 14 year olds [emoji15][emoji20]

As the mother of a 14 year old son, who luckily for me would much rather be watching Wrestling and playing Minecraft than plotting murder, I cannot comprehend how they thought this was a good idea...mind blown [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant work out how statement one balances with statement two ?

1.The girl, now 15, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but denies murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility.
She said: 'If I was a lot stronger and a bit more mentally capable I would have murdered them.
'But I don't think I could myself take away all of their thoughts and dreams and memories. I don't think I could ever take that away from someone myself.'

2.'I feel OK (about the murders). We made sure we were both definitely OK with it and he continuously asked me if I wanted to go through with it and I said "yes". I said the same to him. It just kind of happened.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...roats-couldn-t-scream-help.html#ixzz4MmgOv58v
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The details are horrific.

They are indeed. Horrendous violence from such young people - and from her statements, it doesnt seem to have bothered her in the slightest, apart from the smell of blood.

There are several other cases similar to this but they usually feature serious emotional / physical abuse or a horrendous childhood, I just can't see it in this case, Elizabeth seems like a loving mum. So sad the family have been ripped apart by this.

This one reminds me of the Richardson family murders in Medicine Hat a few years back. There the juvenile received a relatively short sentence while her boyfriend got life, despite substantial evidence that she masterminded the murders. She's out and living her "new life" now. That one still haunts me.

Summing up already in this trial

On Thursday morning, the lawyers are expected to summarise evidence heard at Nottingham Crown Court over the past week.

During the hearing a clinical psychiatrist said it was the boy and girl's "intense and toxic relationship" that was behind the killings and that neither would have gone through with it without the other.

The boy has already admitted murder but the girl has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and denied murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

The case is expected to resume on Monday on what would have been Katie Edwards' 14th birthday.

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/j...murder-trial/story-29805100-detail/story.html

Judge's instruction to the Jury

1.When [the girl] took part in the killings of Elizabeth and Katie Edwards is it more likely than not she was suffering from an abnormality of mental functioning arising from a medical condition?

2."Is it more likely than not the abnormality of mental functioning substantially impaired her ability to understand the nature of her conduct, and/or to form a rational judgement, and/or to exercise self control?

3."Is it more likely than not the absence of mental functioning caused or was a significant contributing factor in causing her to take part in the killings."

He said that if the jury answered 'No' to any of the three questions then "your verdict is guilty of murder".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-37641637

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back