Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM But not if you wanted it to look like a suicide.

But would PE (who must have done the planting?) really be confident he could remove all traces of his own DNA and blood from the clothes? Surely it's risky... And surely most people who commit suicide do it fully clothed? Scattering perhaps one item which is easily removed would make more sense.

General observation - The grandfather is like Max Clifford - Nathan is severely dyslexic, His ex-wife terminally ill. His son fears victimisation - he’s got all the special considerations, story’s, answers and alibis.
How would he know his son couldn’t stand Gaia - they’ve been estranged for a few years. ‘Barely knew her’ doesn’t hold up to scrutiny either, PE lives with his mum, a lady Gaia allegedly knew so well she called her Nan.
Dorset Police would not confirm if they had a warrant out to arrest Paul, who had been estranged from his father for three years until the arrests brought them back together.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5087183/Police-search-uncle-teen-arrested-missing-Gaia.html
After 3 years of no contact, PE just goes to stay with his dad, and leaves his prized car & mobile. Before Dad steps in with a lawyer.
Whatever went on, sounds like GE is now running the show & script

I’m starting to wonder if the blackest jacket had blood/dna on it? Enough to suggest a crime or a serious accident occurred. *something* has given the police reasonable suspicion.

Gaia may well have had a seizure at the address - big risks during a seizure are injurying yourself while fitting, maybe she hurt herself, died and it was covered up? Maybe she really was undressing, but maybe someone touching her to help cover up, when she has PTSD caused her to lash out, and an over zealous attempt made to restrain her?

All MOO

I’m starting to wonder if the blackest jacket had blood/dna on it? Enough to suggest a crime or a serious accident occurred.

Gaia may well have had a seizure at the address - big risks during a seizure are injurying yourself while fitting, maybe she hurt herself, died and it was covered up? Maybe she really was undressing, but maybe someone touching her to help cover up, when she has PTSD caused her to lash out, and an over zealous attempt made to restrain her?

All MOO

Good point re: GE. And now he's saying GP's family are bad news, PE didn't want anything to do with her etc...

I think you could be right re: the seizure, but I struggle to imagine the logical next step would be to hide her body - they would have known she was ill, so it wouldn't be necessary. Wouldn't be surprised if that comes out as a defence story though.

Would RD really be composed enough to go along with all this, and lie convincingly to the media and the police?

RD's flat is a crime scene. NE actually lives very close by with his mother - not sure if that home is being searched. They're allegedly staying with RD's ex-husband and NE's grandfather, GE.

Also, GE's bungalow in Romsey (where RD & NE are staying now) has been searched, as reported by MSM . . .

Where's DE in all this? Her son, brother and mother have been accused of murder, her home's being searched, she apologised to RD's neighbours for a commotion and her father's all over the press, and she's an old friend of GP's family - she seems oddly quiet?

BBC article has decent timeline and summary of who has been arrested etc: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-42025046

The search for Gaia

7 November: Miss Pope is driven by a family member from Langton Matravers to Swanage. At 14:55, she is seen on CCTV inside St Michael's Garage buying ice cream and at 16:00 her last confirmed sighting is at an address in Manor Gardens on Morrison Road

8 November: Her family make a personal plea through the police for her to get in contact. Ch Insp Steve White, of Dorset Police, says the force is "becoming increasingly concerned"

9 November: Dorset Police renews its appeal to find the 19-year-old. Searches have been carried out in the Swanage area, with support from the coastguard and police helicopter. Miss Pope's family release a statement saying they are "frantic with worry"

10 November: CCTV footage is released of Gaia on Morrison Road, Manor Gardens, at 15:39 on 7 November.

13 November: Search warrants issued at two addresses in Swanage. Rosemary Dinch and Nathan Elsey are arrested on suspicion of murder and later released under investigation

14 November: Searches continue with the coastguard and volunteers from Dorset Search and Rescue and Wessex 4x4

15 November: CCTV images of Miss Pope at St Michael's Garage are released. Searches continue to concentrate inland, supported by neighbouring police forces

16 November: Paul Elsey is arrested on suspicion of murder. Women's clothing is discovered in a field near Swanage and a police cordon is set up

I'm pretty sure this is where the dash cam footage is from, the sign next to the car seems pretty low.

attachment.php

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.6...343.37714&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/final-footage-gaia-pope-before-11535113

Attachments

• lm3.jpg
    lm3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 288
  • lm1.jpg
    lm1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 285
  • lm2.jpg
    lm2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 283
Where's DE in all this? Her son, brother and mother have been accused of murder, her home's being searched, she apologised to RD's neighbours for a commotion and her father's all over the press, and she's an old friend of GP's family - she seems oddly quiet?

And DE apparently (according to GE) was the one RD asked to get into contact with GP's mother - DID DE phone GP's mother?

GE really should not have said anything to the press . . .

BBM But not if you wanted it to look like a suicide.

True, you'd probably keep them fully clothed

But would PE (who must have done the planting?) really be confident he could remove all traces of his own DNA and blood from the clothes? Surely it's risky... And surely most people who commit suicide do it fully clothed? Scattering perhaps one item which is easily removed would make more sense.

Blood? Could have been strangulation, no blood.

Add me to the list of veerers. (I don't think veerer is a real word, btw. But I like it)
EDIT - you learn something new every day, thanks to Google. 'Veerer' is an actual real word!

I know an old lady called Vera who is very indecisive, I never realised how apt her name is!!

Firstly, I don't think the dashcam footage has been released by police, it was obtained by the Daily Mirror.

Secondly, if the police thought there might be forensic evidence it would take a few days to come back from the lab. As they can only suspects for 96 hours max without a charge, and the lab tests would take longer, it would make more sense to release them.
Additionally, while the house was empty as both residents were in the cells briefly, the police might well have placed a bug, maybe colluding is exactly what they wanted to hear, maybe that's why PE got nicked. Maybe!

Finally, for the benefit of new members and those in the USA who are working this case, this article explains the BIG differences between English and American arrests. I've rolled this out before but I think it's really important for posters who sleuth cases in both countries.

......because it’s a lot easier to arrest someone in the United Kingdom, but being arrested there isn’t a big deal like it is in the United States. American police need probable cause to make an arrest, but in the United Kingdom, officers can arrest on suspicion. Probable cause is defined as the belief that a crime was probably committed, and that the suspect was probably responsible. To have probable cause, greater evidence is required. Reasonable suspicion means that a right-minded individual would have grounds to suspect that a crime had been committed and that the suspect might be responsible.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._is_being_arrested_different_in_britain_.html

Thank you for posting about the differences in the UK/US regarding arrests!

I'm wondering whether it would be enough that a cadaver dog alerted in one of the flats inside the house for RD and NE to be arrested on suspicion? This would explain the arrests and let go (if no further evidence of a crime was found) and also the family's insistence that she might still be alive because cadaver dogs aren't trained to detect the scent of an individual, they just alert when they find the scent of a deceased human. So the family might (rightly) say, there's no proof the dog alerted to Gaia's dead body.

Coming at this from a different approach.
Can anyone else remember a missing person case (which this still is at this point) where the police have made arrests 'under suspicion of murder' so quickly after the person has gone missing and is still missing?

And DE apparently (according to GE) was the one RD asked to get into contact with GP's mother - DID DE phone GP's mother?

GE really should not have said anything to the press . . .

DE was at RD's flat that afternoon, to apologise to the neighbours. GP's family started their search that afternoon/evening, and the police took it seriously due to GP's epilepsy. If anything went down in RD's flat, unless PE took GP's body and all evidence away VERY quickly, DE would have known about it.

True, you'd probably keep them fully clothed

Blood? Could have been strangulation, no blood.

If someone was trying to make it look like a suicide, I really don't understand why they'd plant the shoes. It'd be very odd for GP to remove her trainers if running cross-country in the dark and rain.

Coming at this from a different approach.
Can anyone else remember a missing person case (which this still is at this point) where the police have made arrests 'under suspicion of murder' so quickly after the person has gone missing and is still missing?

Kayleigh Haywood fits the bill I think?

I think she's in the ocean. It makes most sense for all possible scenarios - accidental fall while confused/upset/paranoid, murder and getting rid of the body, and suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven