UK UK - Hampshire, WhtMale, 30-60, in barn, Crime book & Atlas, Dec'17

Assuming the handwriting on the UID's possessions belongs to the unidentified man, I wanna say it wasn't written by a Polish person. I can see some similarities between Józef and the deceased man, though. Idk if I'm allowed to link Facebook pages here, but there's a Polish foundation called Zaginieni przed laty, they are aware of the possible connection between the missing person and the UID and they're in touch with the British police and Józef Lis' family.

Thanks for the info Triss.

Now in the UK UID database

UK Missing Persons Unit
Thanks for the link!
Case 17-008997
Age range
40 - 60
Ethnicity
unknown
Height
175cm - 177cm
Date found
01 December 2017
Body or remains
remains
Circumstances
Human remains recovered within a barn in a wooded area.
Eye colour
Unknown
Clothing
footwear - wellingtons - unknown - unknown - Size 10

jacket - fleece - blue - unknown - Zip-up

jumper - top - light - unknown

trousers - jogging - light - unknown

Possessions
Black 'Karrimor' rucksack, umbrella, map of Winchester, black male pants, white t-shirt, 'Marina Cole' novel 'The Close' (2006), 4/5 white flannels, 2 packets of polos, germolene, kitkat and various other wrappers, garden trowel, gloves, flask, torch, old Walkman-style radio, sleeping bag, tobacco and rizla papers, Zantac.

I may know this person
Click here to contact the Missing Persons Unit with details about this person

Close by Martina Cole

Close
by
Martina Cole
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And your family should be closest of all.

Patrick Brodie knows exactly how far he's prepared to go to get what he wants. And he wants it all. Now. Before long, Patrick has become a legend in his own lifetime. Violently.

Lily Diamond is different from the kind of woman Patrick is normally attracted to. But together they are determined that their children will have everything they didn't. Until the unthinkable happens and Lily is left on her own to look after their family in a dangerous world. The Brodies must stay close to survive. But as everyone knows, your sins will find you out."

Age would not add up, but I came across this missing person from Croatia. 24 in 2016 (PMI 1 year), 1,75, chestnut colored eyes. John Doe 30 and up, 1.75 and up, eye color unknown.

Nestale osobe

osoba_ID_4212.jpg
SEI_67493052.jpg

Age would not add up, but I came across this missing person from Croatia. 24 in 2016 (PMI 1 year), 1,75, chestnut colored eyes. John Doe 30 and up, 1.75 and up, eye color unknown.

Nestale osobe

osoba_ID_4212.jpg
SEI_67493052.jpg
I think theyre very comparable! Anyone else think the MP (is his name Rino Read?) also has a right-leaning nose?
Despite the age discrepancy, I think it would be worth submitting him to the UK Missing Site, they have an option right on the UID's page.

Nestale osobe

osoba_ID_4212.jpg
SEI_67493052.jpg

I think theyre very comparable! Anyone else think the MP (is his name Rino Read?) also has a right-leaning nose?
Despite the age discrepancy, I think it would be worth submitting him to the UK Missing Site, they have an option right on the UID's page.

His name is Rino Brala, 21 year old, missing since 2013 in Croatia. He disappeared at 1 am after night out in pub on the way home.

Unfortunately, I think he might have met similar fate that majority of those who disappeared after the night out.

Appart of circumstances this John Doe is estimated to be middle aged and Rino is 21 year old, location is approx 2000 km (over 1000 miles) from each other.

Due to all above I personally think there is zero chance this John Doe could be missing Rino. I think we should be looking closer to home. People who were last seen in UK. (All in my own humble opinion).

Last edited:
His name is Rino Brala, 21 year old, missing since 2013 in Croatia. He disappeared at 1 am after night out in pub on the way home.

Unfortunately, I think he met similar fate that majority of those who disappeared after the night out.

Appart of circumstances this John Doe is estimated to be middle aged and Rino is 21 year old, location is approx 2000 km (over 1000 miles) from each other.

Due to all above I personally think there is zero chance this John Doe could be missing Rino. I think we should be looking closer to home. People who were last seen in UK. (All in my own humble opinion).

I was just now pondering about/reconsidering a submission yes/no. On second thought you are probably right (I missed the missing from a pub part, where did you find that?) Also we shouldn't focus on the glasses to much. He had it on a cord so he was probably not wearing them permanently.

I was just now pondering about/reconsidering a submission yes/no. On second thought you are probably right (I missed the missing from a pub part, where did you find that?) Also we shouldn't focus on the glasses to much. He had it on a cord so he was probably not wearing them permanently.

I googled his case - Već tjedan dana nema ni traga 21-godišnjem mladiću: Gdje je nestao Rino Brala?

I forgot about cord on the glasses, which is interesting point and you might be very right about them not being permanent. They could be reading glasses/bifocals, which are usually issued once someone eyes start to deteriorate around the age 40/45 and above.

Józef Grzegorz Lis is no longer listed on ITAKA Foundation's missing persons' website. I've been unable to find any confirmation that he was located, though.
Small update/confirmation from ITAKA and Zaginieni przed laty missing persons foundation. Józef Grzegorz Lis is NOT a match to this John Doe or any other John Doe. Lis got in touch with ITAKA Foundation in April 2020. He's alive and well and does not wish to contact his family.

Bumping up case. Maybe 2022 will be the year he is identified.
I sure hope so. The last few years have been great for American Does - many people got their names back and many families had the opportunity to grieve properly. It would be great to see the same for John and Jane Does from other continents as well.

Hi all,

I know it's been a while for this poor chap but, while I was searching for something, I came across this:

Markus Pfister

There isn't much on him but he looks similiar
Welcome to Ws @BarelycuriousUK, thanks for popping by with that suggestion!
From link.. noting the UID male is approx 5'6''.
1686526921684.png

''Markus disappeared from Zurich, Switzerland. He was last seen on August 1, 2013.
  • Race: Caucasian
  • Height: 185 cm''

Hi all,

I know it's been a while for this poor chap but, while I was searching for something, I came across this:

Markus Pfister

There isn't much on him but he looks similiar
Nice find! He has the general look, IMO. Markus was 48 yrs in 2013, so he would have been approx. 52 in 2017. This would fit in the UID age range (30 - 60). Markus is 6'0 (this could be an estimate, unless it's from a passport f.i.) UID approx. 5'6. Markus is entered in the Interpol database. Both UK and Switzerland are member, so I suspect some kind of exchange, but lately I have some doubts about how effective this is. Some members seem to have back-logs. Just a few weeks ago a missing woman from the Netherlands was found to be a match to a deceased woman found in Germany.

5/24/23 The body of the missing Maria van der Zanden (22) has been found. The young woman from Putten appears to have been found in a German lake shortly after her disappearance in 1994, but could not be identified. While there was a massive search for her in the Netherlands, she lay all that time in a nameless grave in Germany.

Switzerland has autonomous 'Kantons' with an own police force (please correct me when this is wrong) and there might be a difference between how they operate.

To conclude: IMO it couldn't hurt to submit this person. Just to be sure.

Something else worth mentioning is the Zantac. While this was only recently recalled, in the UK it was only available over the counter in low doses. It's a shame that the dosage and brand wasn't noted, nor the brand of the tobacco.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back