GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T Today I downloaded the update to Skype and these pages are littered with very noisy Microsoft adverts. Microsoft of course now own Skype. Is there any way of removing them. I am unable to silence by the normal method which means turning off the sound on the computer. More than a bit of a pain. I use both Chrome and IE.

You see my original thought was that IS overdosed Helen mistakenly. He was trying to undermine her selfconfidence enough to make her believe she was becoming incapable of managing her affairs, then he could get the POA in motion.

I just want to throw this thought out - why did he take so long to deliberately kill her? Why did he just occassionally dose her with strong zopiclone? What was the purpose of the slow drugging?

The seeming panic in the hiding of her so close to home, his lack of decent alibis, his clearly guilty behaviour (to me anyway) during the police searches and questioning.

We will never know of course. In my opinion he is as guilty as hell and is a cold, unfeeling, unemotional sociopath but I'd like to try and understand his motive.

O/T Today I downloaded the update to Skype and these pages are littered with very noisy Microsoft adverts. Microsoft of course now own Skype. Is there any way of removing them. I am unable to silence by the normal method which means turning off the sound on the computer. More than a bit of a pain. I use both Chrome and IE.

Hi IB - have you unchecked the box in your privacy settings that asks if you will allow Microsoft adverts ? I dont have the latest version of Skype - but have only just unchecked the box and ads are gone

How many of these tablets would he have had? Was he given a two week supply or longer, and how many would be taken normally per night? I am just wondering if he would have had enough of them? And didn't they say the hair tests showed from longer?

ZopicloneOverdose

When taken alone, it usually is not fatal, but when mixed with alcohol or other drugs such as opioids, or in patients with respiratory, or hepatic disorders, the risk of a serious and fatal overdose increases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone

I think it unlikely she died as a result of Zopiclone alone.

They also found Paracetamol in her body tissue. I don't know whether the levels would have deteriorated over the time she was in the cesspit, like the Zopiclone did.

Hi IB - have you unchecked the box in your privacy settings that asks if you will allow Microsoft adverts ? I dont have the latest version of Skype - but have only just unchecked the box and ads are gone

They've been driving me mad too(haven't updated Skype), slowing the page then the page suddenly scrolling up or down when the videos play.

I can't see the check box in privacy settings tho

Have just been browsing through that 'And Beyond blog' and it's very much a 'work in progress'. I have a blog and would never go about things in the haphazard way IS has - apart from one 'post' it has his touch all over it - and should have been kept in draft while he played. You just don't go public with a mess like that, he certainly is no 'IT expert'. There are random letter combinations when it seems he could have been seeing how the layout would look, thoughts about spacing are typed here and there. There could well have been some input from Helen as some of the better writing (what little writing there is) has her touch and perhaps she was quite involved.

But, this is the bit that almost made me weep: http://sykic.co.uk/andbeyond/2016/01/29/wedding-fever/

[h=1]Wedding Fever!
[/h]January 29, 2016 by Ian
It’s all go here at Hartwell Lodge, as young couple Ian and Helen plan their super stylish London nuptials. And Beyond has discovered that the keywords for this uber-glam couple are: chic, elegant and Metropolitan as befits this film-star and his dowdy menopausal woman.

God knows who referred to Helen in that way, possibly her with her self-deprecating sense of humour - but I hated reading it anyhow.
http://sykic.co.uk/andbeyond/2016/01/29/wedding-fever/

Some more thoughts about the blog.

I don't think Helen had anything to do with it, despite the fact that he's used some of her published writing. I expect he's just copied that in, as with the piece about "French cuisine". She may have written that wedding paragraph herself, I can't see him coming up with that sort of celeb gossip vocabulary, whereas she would be able to satirise that style with ease.

Notice the reference to "London nuptials" too - that sounds more like Helen. I doubt she wrote it to go there though.

The convention when designing blog pages, brochures or whatever it may be, is to use Latin text as filler. The standard text is

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

http://www.lipsum.com

He obviously doesn't know about this, but I bet Helen would have done.

You see my original thought was that IS overdosed Helen mistakenly. He was trying to undermine her selfconfidence enough to make her believe she was becoming incapable of managing her affairs, then he could get the POA in motion.

I just want to throw this thought out - why did he take so long to deliberately kill her? Why did he just occassionally dose her with strong zopiclone? What was the purpose of the slow drugging?

The seeming panic in the hiding of her so close to home, his lack of decent alibis, his clearly guilty behaviour (to me anyway) during the police searches and questioning.

We will never know of course. In my opinion he is as guilty as hell and is a cold, unfeeling, unemotional sociopath but I'd like to try and understand his motive.

Maybe he was hoping she would have an accident while out driving or fall down while she was outside and hit her head, but instead she would just go to lie down. I'd like to know where she found herself (in bed or in a chair for example) after sleeping for 5 hours and her last memory being eating eggs for breakfast.

How many of these tablets would he have had? Was he given a two week supply or longer, and how many would be taken normally per night? I am just wondering if he would have had enough of them? And didn't they say the hair tests showed from longer?

He was prescribed a box of 28, told to take one a night.

What impression did you form of them as a couple, and of him more pertinently? Are you able to say?

I never met him or saw them together so it is hard to say. I do think that HB was happy in the relationship but did have a yearning to be back in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seeming panic in the hiding of her so close to home

Just to pick up on this point, which I think was discussed earlier.

I don't see that as a result of panic. I am sure that's where he intended to hide the bodies all along*.

It is a place that nobody could gain access to without his knowledge, and very few people knew of its existence. It would give him more peace of mind than, say, burying her out in the countryside where he would have no control over the site.

And he probably thought that the bodies would be quickly destroyed by chemical reactions. Thank heavens he didn't add anything to hasten that, and thank heavens for the neighbour who remembered about the pit. He would very likely have got away with it.

* (assuming it was his intention to kill her, as opposed to staging an accident etc)

It's so hard to know isn't it. All we know is that her hair showed he'd been doing it over a long period. It could like you say have been to make her (and others) believe she was cracking up and heading for "another" nervous breakdown. He mentioned in the police call that she'd had counselling and seen a psychologist when she had one about 10 years ago. Well his exact words were more like "I don't want to call it a nervous breakdown but...".

Perhaps he thought that would also get him out of having to marry her but she continued planning their wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if he was already trying to sabotage the wedding plans behind the scenes.

On the other hand it could be that he was doing it to get her to sign things while she was half asleep , or hoping she'd drive under the influence and crash her car or to keep her quiet or out the way when he wanted to do something she wouldn't approve of or when the boys wanted their girlfriends to stay over. Maybe he started out drugging her for one reason then got cocky and ended up doing it for other reasons too

Don't know if these links are helpful to any one - always good to raise awareness:

https://www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/what-is-domestic-abuse/recognising-domestic-abuse/

http://www.refuge.org.uk/about-domestic-violence/barriers-to-leaving/

Often men like IS behave start the relationship being kind, gentle, emotionally available etc - this is what makes the victim fall for the perp. The behaviour then changes and the behaviour becomes abusive. But outside of the home and to onlookers generally the perp is seen as a charming kind, generous person - this makes the victim think they are the problem.

The freedom programme is very good at understanding how these men/women think and how the cycle works/how it can be broken.

Incredible as it seems, many people do not even know they are being abused. It is such an insidious process.

I don't see that as a result of panic. I am sure that's where he intended to hide the bodies all along*.

It is a place that nobody could gain access to without his knowledge, and very few people knew of its existence. It would give him more peace of mind than, say, burying her out in the countryside where he would have no control over the site.

And he probably thought that the bodies would be quickly destroyed by chemical reactions. Thank heavens he didn't add anything to hasten that, and thank heavens for the neighbour who remembered about the pit. He would very likely have got away with it.

* (assuming it was his intention to kill her, as opposed to staging an accident etc)

I agree. It was, like the previous owner joked, an ideal place to hide a body. If the neighbour hadn't gone to police this could have gone on for years.

I`m not so sure - I am sure there was enough evidence for great suspicion to fall on IS. Also - the hair that was analysed - that must have been found before the body i.e. during a house search - from a hairbrush or clothing?

Thanks Alyce but I cannot find any tick box in my privacy settings. Which "skin" are you using. It may be that there are different options.

I`m not so sure - I am sure there was enough evidence for great suspicion to fall on IS. Also - the hair that was analysed - that must have been found before the body i.e. during a house search - from a hairbrush or clothing?

I thought the hair analysis was from when they did post mortem on the body?

I think police definitely suspected him from early on but without the extra info from the neighbour about the other cess pitt , they wouldn't have found Helen. They'd already called in an expert to empty the cess pitt that they knew about but neither they nor the expertrt realised there was a 2nd cess pitt.

ETA It does read as if it was all from the post mortem report

Jurors were told by Dr Piper that traces of it were found in Ms Bailey's hair, chest cavity fluid, liver and thigh muscle.
Due to the amount of time that had passed between her alleged time of death in April and the discovery of her body in July, he said it was difficult to say how much was in her system when she was killed.
Samples of her hair were split into four sections for analysis, with each said to represent a four-week period, with the most recent closest to the scalp - representing a 'historical profile'.
Zopiclone was found in all four, but in such small doses in the farthest away from the scalp that it was said it could have been contaminated.
Dr Piper told the court that in the hair sample closest to the scalp it was of a 'significant' concentration.
He said: 'It is above the level that scientists recognise as a single, one-off event.'
Zopiclone was prescribed to Stewart for insomnia, which would have made Ms Bailey easy to kill 'with little or no resistance', jurors were told on the opening day of the trial.
During a post-mortem examination, traces of the drug were found to have been in her body as early as February 2016.
Dr Piper agreed, when asked by the prosecutor, that this could lead someone to have concerns about their 'state of mind'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-body-brother-tells-court.html#ixzz4WQClCqqG

All that was never meant to come to light, was it?
HB allegedly would disappear because she needed time for herself and did not want contact. IMHO this might have worked if it had not been for the traces left on the internet and the uses of phones ~or the lack of either.

His alibi was as good as you might want it. Medical appointment. Game in te evening. Takeaway. Acting as if nothing had happened and threw away the note by accident. Much better than claiming to be in London and nobody saw you there.

IMHO the motive can - at least partially - be found in the joy of preparation. The growing power that IS held over HB. And more. And more. If she spoke about her symptoms with family and friends, this would only support the idea of a breakdown of sorts.

There is a possibility that grief played a role, also on his part.

The idea was this: When your spouse (partner, sibling etc) dies all of a sudden, in your presence and there is nothing you can do to help, you may be overwhelmed with feelings of helplessness. Unbearable feelings.

Then, when you kill your next spouse (for many different other reasons) you repeat the original scene, but this time, YOU are in control and powerful. This is, of course, madness. But there is a system in it.

This idea came up in a conversation that I had with someone (X) who had gone to see a therapist for a certain condition. The therapist pretended to help X, but under the guise of help, pushed X almost to the abyss. The therapist had suffered from the same condition some years before and sympathised enormeously with the ordeal that X was going through.
X managed to get away from that therapist and is recovering slowly. X has no idea how this would have ended otherwise, nor why the therapist would do this, but X suspects that the therapist projected their own experience on X and somehow recreated their own experience and helplessness, except that the therapist was now in control of the entire situation.

When you come to think of it, there are more examples to be found, for instance children who were abused and grow up to be abusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member