UK - James Bulger, 2, abducted & murdered, Merseyside, 12 Feb 1993

Today we reveal how child killer Venables' cover has been blown in the prison where he is being held.

The 27-year-old murderer of toddler James Bulger was given a new name nine years ago.

But news of his identity swept the jail where he is in isolation for his own safety.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2879536/Bulger-killer-cover-blown.html#ixzz0hJW04ygi

I can't access that website from work (categorized as adult?). Is Venables' new identity revealed? I think the people have a right to know. If it was protected and leaked, then, well, that's too bad for Venables. But it's done now, so let's have the identity.

Anne Perry committed an atrocious crime as a teen. She served her time, was released, given a new identity and stipulations (she can't have contact with her accomplice). This was years ago. She's abided by the law; she's one of my favorite authors, but I don't forgive her for what she did and I don't think she should be protected just because she committed a crime as a child. Venables is no different.

2goldfish, I ask the same thing. Why are they protecting Venables? He's not a child anymore. He's a killer all grown up, and there is no reason to protect him any longer. If I lived there, I'd want to know what he was doing and where he was, if only so I could keep my kids far away from him.

Jamie Bulger didn't get any protection, why should his killers?

I agree. He was given a second chance and a clean slate. Then turned around and blew it! Did he appreciate his second chance at life? Nope. His victim didn't get one, that poor child is still dead.

He should have to carry out his original sentance.

Let him strive to be a productive member of PRISON society...he failed at his chance to make it on the outside.

I can't access that website from work (categorized as adult?). Is Venables' new identity revealed? I think the people have a right to know. If it was protected and leaked, then, well, that's too bad for Venables. But it's done now, so let's have the identity.

Anne Perry committed an atrocious crime as a teen. She served her time, was released, given a new identity and stipulations (she can't have contact with her accomplice). This was years ago. She's abided by the law; she's one of my favorite authors, but I don't forgive her for what she did and I don't think she should be protected just because she committed a crime as a child. Venables is no different.

Nope his new identity is not given. It says that he is grown a beard, is pale, thin, and in fear for his life from other prisoners. It also says that the prison guards are watching him 24/7 to keep him safe and that Venables is eating hamburgers and chips in his cell that has a tv for him to watch. This makes me so angry!:furious: :banghead: If the thin pale description is accurate I think that rumors of this being drug based are true. R.I.P Jamie

I read this late last nite/early this a.m. on a diff site...I see MSN has picked it up

pa.press.net, Updated: 06/03/2010 21:24
Bulger killer in sex crime claims

James Bulger killer Jon Venables was taken back into custody after he was accused of committing a sex crime, it has been reported.

It was initially reported that Venables, 27, was recalled to prison after a fight at work but the Sun reported that was untrue.

It reported it had uncovered the "exact details" of the alleged offence but was unable to publish them in full because it might lead to Venables' new identity being uncovered.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw said the recall to custody involved some "extremely serious allegations" as he prepared to meet the dead boy's mother.

Denise Fergus has demanded to know what the convicted murderer did to be sent back to prison and she is expected to meet Mr Straw in the coming days.

Justifying his decision not to disclose details of the recall, Mr Straw said: "Our motivation throughout has been solely to ensure that some extremely serious allegations are properly investigated and that justice is done.

more here

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=152433091

=================================

FWIW -- an article from the Daily Mail - says Venables was working as a bouncer in a club....I see it's also been updated since I read it 10-12 hours ago...if it's true Venables somehow bypassed a vetting process & worked in a *bar* -- scary!!

Bulger killer 'accused of sex offence' as Straw admits allegations are 'serious'

By Stephen Wright
Last updated at 7:15 PM on 06th March 2010

Today the Daily Mail revealed that Venables worked for years as a nightclub bouncer despite his violent past.

He was employed by a firm which provided door staff at clubs and concerts.

His bosses had no idea he was one of the country's most notorious killers and were happy to hand him the responsibility for ejecting troublemakers from a series of venues.

In addition, he was able to dodge the vetting process which is aimed at stopping serious criminals from being employed on the door.

The revelation that the killer worked in a trade where dealing with brawls and confrontations is commonplace will raise further questions about the handling of Venables's case since he was released from a secure unit nine years ago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-worked-bouncer-nightclub.html#ixzz0hR5aYoO0

Fresh claims over Bulger killer Jon Venables' recall

Page last updated at 04:46 GMT, Sunday, 7 March 2010

Jon Venables, one of Merseyside toddler James Bulger's killers, was recalled to jail on suspicion of child *advertiser censored* offences, it has been reported.

The Sunday Mirror also claims Venables, who was released on licence with a new identity in 2001, had sparked concerns by using drugs and revealing his past.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw said he faced "extremely serious allegations".

James Bulger's mother, Denise Fergus, said Venables should lose his anonymity if he is charged with serious offences.
A report in the Sun newspaper on Saturday claimed Venables was alleged to have committed a serious sexual offence.

BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said government solicitors had attempted to prevent the Sun publishing full details of the allegations against Venables.

Meanwhile, Mrs Fergus said Venables should face any charges under his real name.
Mr Straw's office has been in contact with Mrs Fergus and she is hoping to have a meeting with the justice secretary this week, but she is not expected to be told the reasons for his recall to custody.

more here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/8554011.stm

Im not surprised AT ALL.........I always thought there was a 'leader' of the two boys & I guess we can assume now it was Venables.I believe it at his young age there was a 'sexual' element to what he did(I think he harbored deep,dark thoughts & fantasies) & to find out he's out of jail,on drugs & involved in child *advertiser censored* is no shock.
I just hope all is revealed & hes put back in under his real name & never let out!!

I don't blame folks across the pond for being outraged about what Venables was said to be doing while he was on probation....it sounds like those assigned to watching over him just looked the other way. :mad:

just for the record while the bbc is reliable I dont know that the sunday mirror which it references necessarily is....that doesnt make the child *advertiser censored* impossible, but it's only one of few things floating around as to what the reason for the recall could be.

heaven help the home office if this one in particular is true though...

just for the record while the bbc is reliable I dont know that the sunday mirror which it references necessarily is....that doesnt make the child *advertiser censored* impossible, but it's only one of few things floating around as to what the reason for the recall could be.

heaven help the home office if this one in particular is true though...

Yes...you really have to take the tabloid press with a block of salt. It could have been a lot of things & it seems all speculation & rumour. And agreed about the Home Office--they keep screwing up a lot

And as for the people who were assigned to look after him...definitely something to wonder about!!!

I just feel so bad for poor James's mum :(

This is so sick....I hope the US wont follow the Brits and will keep trying the worst child criminals as adults

these 2 were coddled and given new identies and money to start a new life..it cost them over $250,000 British pounds for each of them

Venables is supposedly a violent, drunk, drug addict...he has worked as a bouncer in bars...(against rules of his probation)....they are saying now the charges against him are child *advertiser censored*....he should be locked up for life

the other one is supposedly a drug addict and has come out of the closet, he has a lover and does drugs

IMHO this is just digusting...I feel so sad when I see that picture of that sweet little boy being led away by these sociopathic monsters

The story of these two monsters is a good example to anyone who wants to boo hoo and worry about child killers and child monsters like Allysa Bustamente and the little monsters who torched Michael in Deerfield Beach

This is an article by the social worker who worked with Robert Thompson http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-gloves-treatment-inside-.html#ixzz0hURF1AdO
to me it shows that their time in youth custody was hardly punishment.

This is an article by the social worker who worked with Robert Thompson http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-gloves-treatment-inside-.html#ixzz0hURF1AdO
to me it shows that their time in youth custody was hardly punishment.

Thompson seems to have been the instigator and the one most insiders thought more likely to reoffend. Venables was sometimes characterized as "led" by Thompson in contemporary coverage of the case.

There's an excellent book on the Bulger case and its aftermath by a terrific writer called Blake Morrison for those who are interested -- title is As If. It's a broadly sympathetic treatment but beautifully written and captures a great deal of the case's impact across the society of the time. Here's hoping the family is able to make some sense of this latest arrest.

best,

s

This article from Mail Online treats mostly with the other killer, Robert Thompson, but has pertinent things to say about Venables as well:
The social worker who looked after Bulger killer until release gives a first extraordinary account of his ‘kid gloves’ treatment inside...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...worker-looked-James-Bulger-killer-speaks.html

A wealth of Daily Mail articles about the case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/sea...on=<SPAN+class=arrow-small-r></SPAN>Clear+all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back