GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I don't think the brother's tweet is odd. If something big had happened next door to my brother or sister's house and it was all over the news, I'd be on the phone to them for updates.

It could just be a case of 'rumour has it so and so did xyz...'. I expect it's the rumour mill running! People get talking, things get changed and people make assumptions. Pretty soon fiction is apparently fact! He was just someone who heard a snippett of information and wanted to post it online.

It's becoming a case of 'repeat something often enough and the sheep will accept it as truth' sort of situation here, lol

I get it. I really, really, get it :) The brother is white as driven snow. He is. He really, really is. Honestly. He is

Do you mean that my explanation was not kind? ;)

No, seriously, I posted it because I said other things in it. And when I answer a post, it is not only directed at the author of this post. I simply state things that could be of interest, or not. I bring my 2 cents. There is no reason to take it personally. I do not expect personal answers to my posts or questions either. The debate is open to all.

I'm sorry you took it personally

Yours was a great post

With the greatest of respect, I can't subscribe to your reasoning

It would only take someone in the adjacent building to look down as the neighbour entered JY's place and that's something that couldn't be undone and would place neighbour squarely in the frame. It's too risky and even those with average or less intelligence would appreciate that the risks would far outweigh whatever gains. There are flats to the rear, to the front, to the side. He would really be pushing the odds recklessly to expect that not one of those many residents - or a passer-by, or a visitor -- would see him

Had the killer dumped the belongings in a bin, or skip, or tossed them from the car anywhere along the route, it would have confounded investigators to at least the same degree as would placing them in JY's flat

If the belongings had been left with the body, the public, media and investigators would still have been confronted with a girl who'd been killed. If her belongings were nearby the body, it would have been speculated she'd been pulled from the street by persons unknown. This would have lessened suspicion upon residents of the flats and nearby residences. If the killer had for whatever reason chosen not to place the pizza and sock near the body, the task of investigators would have been as difficult as we've witnessed. And again, would not have thrown suspicion upon residents of the flats

The fact JY's keys, phone, coat and boots etc. were discovered within the flat, along with the half-consumed cider is what focused attention upon residents of the flats. If the killer had had the wit to dispose of those items along with the body, the search would have been away from the flats. By leaving those items within the flat, the killer virtually guaranteed he'd become a suspect, imo

At the time that JY arrived home it was highly likely that she would have been spotted by passers-by and neighbours, quite possibly seen walking down the side of the building. No sign of her having entered her own flat would have put the other occupants of the building, very clearly in the frame. The chance of this far outweighs some neighbour deciding to look out of their window in the middle of the night and spot NUA entering JYs flat. The chance of them being able to see anything round the side and back of the house is remote and most people don't gaze out into the night in the early hours.

It certainly explains the lack of foreign DNA found in her flat because unless he had arrived at her door wearing surgical gloves and hat etc, he would have left some in the course of strangling her.

How do we know there's a lack of foreign DNA in her apartment?
Because it hasn't been reported?!

HEY.... Does anyone remember that creepy message on facebook? The one that got deleted? The message said it was two killers, one was a woman, or a man with an alto ego who dressed as a woman? I never believe that kind of rubbish. But looking at the photo halfway down this page nearly had me spit my coffee out.

The photo captioned.
Fun: NUA and girlfriend ******* pictured having summer fun

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...untry-2-days-Jo-seen-alive.html#ixzz1BggMNJK2

I'm pretty sure that for a DNA sample and match to be admitted as trial evidence a minimum number of matching loci must be met. Fewer than the minimum and the sample may be of some use but cannot be used at trial.

That might just be too much Law and Order though.

Iv asked my husband regarding the partial DNA and what it means (he's a retired DC). He has told me that partial DNA can be grown to get a full profile, maybe have to be sent abroad to do this. Maybe thats what the LE are waiting for?

Police are given until tomorrow evening to question NUA

Are the police desperate or do they have their man, but haven't got quite enough on him?

Iv asked my husband regarding the partial DNA and what it means (he's a retired DC). He has told me that partial DNA can be grown to get a full profile, maybe have to be sent abroad to do this. Maybe thats what the LE are waiting for?

I was thinking they were waiting for definitive results to come back but they only have until tomorrow night to either release or charge him. How long these things take I have no idea but I can't believe they would have to send his DNA abroad. We are as advanced as the best of them. We have one of the worlds leading forensic labs, no need to send it abroad.

How do we know there's a lack of foreign DNA in her apartment?
Because it hasn't been reported?!

That's true, although to be fair they have mentioned the DNA on her body.

It must be said that the forensic searches being carried out in the neighbours property appear to far outweigh those carried out at JYs. It would be a little extreme if it was just for a long disposed of pizza.

I was thinking they were waiting for definitive results to come back but they only have until tomorrow night to either release or charge him. How long these things take I have no idea but I can't believe they would have to send his DNA abroad. We are as advanced as the best of them. We have one of the worlds leading forensic labs, no need to send it abroad.

Yes I agree and there was no disrespect meant to our forensic labs. He has been retired a few years now - it used to be Texas, plus they can still release MUA on bail like they did LL and arrest them again later on.

That's true, although to be fair they have mentioned the DNA on her body.

It must be said that the forensic searches being carried out in the neighbours property appear to far outweigh those carried out at JYs. It would be a little extreme if it was just for a long disposed of pizza.

Someone said the pizza could've been eaten. Perhaps the pizza box disappeared anywhere a long time ago.

Just wanted to say that I am not overly suspicious about NUA going off two days after JY's disappearance, he is a permanent member of staff and I would presume his workplace have procedures in place to book annual leave, and that has to be done well in advance.... especially to get christmas off!

I feel that if NUA had done this deed, he would have cracked by now..... still not feeling it's him.

Can anyone remember if CJ said he thought he saw 2 or 3 people coming into or going away from 44 Canynge Rd on the 17th December?

Police are given until tomorrow evening to question NUA

Are the police desperate or do they have their man, but haven't got quite enough on him?

What we know is what we''re finding through the media, and have to be careful of that. The police are active looking for JY's killer. Sometimes stories like this make people feel impatient about getting results quickly.

Can anyone remember if CJ said he thought he saw 2 or 3 people coming into or going away from 44 Canynge Rd on the 17th December?
Regarding what C.J said, or didn't say.

In his words he said 'I made some comment that was very, very, very much vaguer than that, and It is a serious distortion of what I actually said to the Police, and I have no further comment to make because that too is certain itself to be distorted.

If CJ doubts that he saw 2 to 3 people at 44 Canynge Rd on his return home around 9pm like his neighbours seemingly say, can we at least be confident that Jo's front room curtains were open ?

If CJ doubts that he saw 2 to 3 people at 44 Canynge Rd on his return home around 9pm like his neighbours seemingly say, can we at least be confident that Jo's front room curtains were open ?

We know nothing at all if the curtain were open. No fact has emerged. But I.M.O they would have been shut, and left shut from the morning when they went to work because it's still dark early morning in December.

J.M.O but we have no fact of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member