GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true there is a car park around the back of 44 Canynge Road?

Also, one thing I am struggling to understand is that, if NUA supposedly left for Holland on the 19th/20th December, and Joanna wasn't even a missing person until the early hours of the 20th, how can they have spoken to NUA and ruled him out as a suspect??:waitasec:

This pic shows the carpark. JY entrance down path on L/H side of pic. Bay windows on right (partially obscured by tree) is another bedroom (VT) according to floor plans shown online.

9zu6ms.jpg

I don't necessarily think the missing 4 hours with GR are that relevant. They may have had words before he left and he might have thought she was having a party weekend to "punish" him. He may have spoken to CJ who probably mentioned seeing her leaving with another couple on the Friday evening. He presumably has a cast iron alibi unless his brother and sister-in-law are lying.
I do think there are 2 people involved, i just don't think it's possible for a single person to have tidied up the clues so well.
I still think she wasn't killed in her own flat and things were put there to create the impression she must have been.

They may not be consciously lying though. If he was only an hour and a bit behind his original schedule - the actual journey time could have been partly made up with, e.g. taking shortcuts to and from the motorway, driving a bit faster than usual, not taking any breaks during the journey - then at the other end a bit of subliminal manipulation of his relatives to convince them he wasn't really late - e.g. bad weather, traffic holdups etc, casually looking at his watch and taking half an hour off the time when he got there.....all adding up to not much later than expected as far as they're concerned......

Or is that just my really devious mind working overtime? :innocent:

I'm stubborn too - and I agree with your last point!

As for the drink - he could just say he handled it during the four hours......presumably that could explain away the forensics?

but could he be absolutely certain, the alarm wouldn't be raised before then? I personally believe (IF it was him) he dumped her on his way to Sheffield (@10pm) supposing she had been found? I know she had no ID, but supposing it had been reported that the body of a young female had been found? supposing the cat was crying loudly in the property and alerted the neighbours that something wasn't quite right, a number of things could have happened to have raised an alarm earlier....iygwim? CJ had a key and could have let a concerned relative/friend in if they were that worried.... GR wouldn't have risked touching anything that placed him there once she returned home.....

sorry I'm going round the houses to make a simple point!

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed NUA had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.
A neighbour said: ‘When [NUA] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

Seems gossip and innuendos are starting to appear as news once again.

How does this neighbour know what was said to Jefferies, were they there or told later? Would also be interesting to see which neighbour we are talking about, same with the one who allegedly heard the scream at midnight. This could all be a deflection tactic by someone.

And also indicates that NUA was aware that Greg wasn't home that night?

but dutchman's girlfriend would HAVE to have a car. living in clifton she wd have to travel to malmesbury...dyson electronics...presumably parked at side near flat.
failing that he cd always hotfoot to aberdeen rd, borrow car of girl whose flat he was intending to move into later.
do we have a google street view of miss williams car parked on drive...

I would imagine NUA is a difficult person to inteview.
Highly intelligent, speaks at least two languages and from a different culture.

From my travels to Holland I have only ever found the Dutch to be well spoken and incredibly articulate in their use of the English language. As for culture .... we are all European.... not that different are we?
jmo

Whether EW was the weeping female or not, NUA could have borrowed her car the same, without her knowing. If he had access to her flat, he probably also had access to the car's keys.

Using a stolen car is also a possibility, even if chances are very low. I do not see NUA stealing a car, but why not? After dropping the body, the car would be burnt 100 miles away and he would come back by train, paying with bank notes to avoid tracking, all this without a mobile in his pocket, ideally.

At any rate, the guy is smart, and if he did it, he may have very well covered his back.

Hi all! have been 'lurking' for a while, and agree with all the others that this is a definitely a MUCH friendlier place.

Just a note on the burnt out car, I did note when walking my dog on the Clifton Downs on the New Year bank holiday Monday that there was a burnt out estate car near the junction of Ladies Mile and the Circular Road. I would assume that has been discounted by the LE, it was in such an obvious place.

Hi all! have been 'lurking' for a while, and agree with all the others that this is a definitely a MUCH friendlier place.

Just a note on the burnt out car, I did note when walking my dog on the Clifton Downs on the New Year bank holiday Monday that there was a burnt out estate car near the junction of Ladies Mile and the Circular Road. I would assume that has been discounted by the LE, it was in such an obvious place.
That's interesting! Did you report it? Do you happen to know if it's still there, or been removed? If so, where to I wonder?

I remember you saying that! did you ever report it??

Could CJ have lied about this sighting?

Well, something doesn't add up. He told Hardyman he saw three people and assumed they were coming from Joanna's flat. He told Liz Lowman he saw them around the communal area at the other side of the building. So, I wonder which one he told the police and why those two people have repeated different accounts about what he told them.

How does this neighbour know what was said to Jefferies, were they there or told later? Would also be interesting to see which neighbour we are talking about, same with the one who allegedly heard the scream at midnight. This could all be a deflection tactic by someone.

Yes I thought the same, they would have had to be very close by, or involved in the conversation to hear what was said.

Also since the conversation was on the drive, it most likely would have been a neighbour from that block of Flats.

I remember you saying that! did you ever report it??

The wrong attitude maybe, I didn't report it, as it was in such an obvious place with joggers a plenty running past it, and on January the 3rd the story was really big in the newspapers, I assumed it must have been discounted.

I'm not sure if its still there.

Well, something doesn't add up. He told Hardyman he saw three people and assumed they were coming from Joanna's flat. He told Liz Lowman he saw them around the communal area at the other side of the building. So, I wonder which one he told the police and why those two people have repeated different accounts about what he told them.

As for what neighbours have told the press who have 'reported' it to us about what CJ told them (the neighbours) - I take all of that with a pinch of salt.

Where this is concerned, only what has been heard coming out of CJ's mouth (unedited), or in a Police briefing can be considered. jmo.

For those believing the body was dumped just before Christmas Day, when Joanna was found, it is conceivable that the delay could well be because NUA did not have access to a car and had to bide his time? Just a thought.

Also I am surprised that my parents report to LE of seeing a dark 4x4 parked strangely on Longwood Lane on Christmas Eve (to such an extent that they remarked on it) has never been followed up.

For those believing the body was dumped just before Christmas Day, when Joanna was found, it is conceivable that the delay could well be because NUA did not have access to a car and had to bide his time? Just a thought.

Also I am surprised that my parents report to LE of seeing a dark 4x4 parked strangely on Longwood Lane on Christmas Eve (to such an extent that they remarked on it) has never been followed up.

You never mentioned they'd seen a dark 4x4 in your original post, just that they'd driven up and down the lane several times? Have LE not been back in touch with your parents at all? Were they able to take a reg number?

Where was it parked. Near the Quarry entrance?

Someone asked earlier in the thread if EW was in Chile for christmas. Not so it appears and I assume she would have driven home to her parents in her car.

The dad said university graduate Emily had been away travelling for a fortnight.

He added: "She had Christmas here but then went to Chile. She's expected to be there for another couple of weeks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500