GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also say 'Jo' instead of 'Joanna', although they have never seen her alive. That happens when they are too much into it. It's 'poor Jo' and 'poor Greg' for them, I guess. They have seen him in distress for long enough, in person, and not on a photo or footage that can be misinterpreted.

You could look at it another way, in that they can't see the wood for the trees. Wouldn't be the first time the investigation has been allowed to be railroaded by the main 'characters' doing a bit of emotional manipulation (McC*nns, anyone?).

Time is running out, and is this arrest another red herring as when L/E arrested CJ?

I have a horrible feeling it is. There appears a lack of evidence in this case to concretely charge someone, unfortunately if that is the case we could end up with another unsolved murder.

Reading the previous post from the person to whose parents reported the dark 4x4 (sorry I cant find the post to name you) yes it could be that the car has be eliminated, but surely a phone call from L/E to verify that it had been noted or was being eliminated from the enquiry should have been done.

Which leads me to say that I still havent ruled out GR and has MW been eliminated? I have always said there is a female involed in some way which I feel is significant but see no signs yet of that.

I am praying for a conclusion to this case for the Yeates family especially.
I am struggling to see where this is all going now and as time goes on I have a feeling we are getting away from the real culprit.

How does this neighbour know what was said to Jefferies, were they there or told later? Would also be interesting to see which neighbour we are talking about, same with the one who allegedly heard the scream at midnight. This could all be a deflection tactic by someone.

I can't remember who said it, but there was someone on this thread who said they used to live in either JT or VT's flat - and that the walls were paper-thin so you could hear what was going on in the other flat.

If VT was home that evening - and JY was killed in her flat, wouldn't he have heard something ... or that somebody was there?

Remember CJ is still a suspect. They may have released him before charging him in the hope of him tripping up and leading them to other perps. They may be holding off charging NUA because they are watching someone else.
Remember that the police knowing they have the guilty parties and CPS deciding they have enough evidence to charge them are very different things. Evidence gathering is vital before charging someone.

I have wondered about that statement, the police said they wanted to thank the Yeates family and Greg". Now being a naturally suspicious person, why didnt they say Greg Reardon or Mr Reardon - but Greg!! I found that very unusual because it is so informal, he's not their friend. Its bugging me or am I paranoid.

not "paranoid"...... just 'suspicious' :)

If the NUA is the killer and only had a bicycle. He would have had to remove the body from the building before GR got home on Sunday. He would have guessed that by then she would have been reported missing and with police involved would have been taking a chance to leave the body anywhere in the building or surrounding area. If he has no car, he would have to at least borrow one. The car would have had to come into the area between the night of 17th and early hours of 19th. Did the new CCTV from a private property identify such a car ?

I've mentioned this before, but thought I'd throw it out again..... 'Streetcar' operate in Bristol, there is one available at the bottom of Aberdeen Road (Oakfield Road) they even have a 'streetvan' available from Clifton Down... obviously it would leave a trace, and would be interesting to know if the police have been in contact with this company.

http://www.streetcar.co.uk/what_is_streetcar.aspx

http://www.streetcar.co.uk/locationsearch.aspx

The LE must have an idea as to when JY was placed at the deposition site the reason the snowfall.
Up to 5 cm's of snow fell over Bristol over Night on the 18th of December over Night from just being Friday 17th of December that the snow fell, and 2 cm's then fell on the Saturday Morning of the 18th of December.

If Jo was placed at the deposition site on the Friday Night before the snow fall, then it snowed over Night then the ground underneath where JY had been placed would be bare of any snow, and the ground would be as it was before it snowed,JY's body would have stopped snow going underneath to the ground where she laid, and that means JY was placed there before the snowfall, if snow was underneath the body then JY was placed there after the snow began falling over Night on the 18th of December, the LE would have had expect's brought in on the snowfall.

Remember CJ is still a suspect. They may have released him before charging him in the hope of him tripping up and leading them to other perps. They may be holding off charging NUA because they are watching someone else.
Remember that the police knowing they have the guilty parties and CPS deciding they have enough evidence to charge them are very different things. Evidence gathering is vital before charging someone.

I'd love to work in a job where all I did was watch people :twocents:

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed NUA had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.
A neighbour said: ‘When [NUA] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

Seems gossip and innuendos are starting to appear as news once again.

Whiterum, what was your source of this information? Was it from a news article?

I can't remember who said it, but there was someone on this thread who said they used to live in either JT or VT's flat - and that the walls were paper-thin so you could hear what was going on in the other flat.

If VT was home that evening - and JY was killed in her flat, wouldn't he have heard something ... or that somebody was there?

The original interior walls will be about 6 inches thick and very soundproof but as the property was converted into flats some of the interior walls may be thinner and breeze block.

I have wondered about that statement, the police said they wanted to thank the Yeates family and Greg". Now being a naturally suspicious person, why didnt they say Greg Reardon or Mr Reardon - but Greg!! I found that very unusual because it is so informal, he's not their friend. Its bugging me or am I paranoid.

I reckon there's a lot going on that we don't give the LE credit for. I think there is a degree of misinformation given out by the police for reasons known only to them.
Did they deliberately say that they were sure the culprit had not left the country so as to lull NUA into a false sense of security which would ultimately cause him to let his guard down and slip up?
Is there something else going on re: GR? I did notice that at one point the parents were asked what GR thought about a development and they replied that they didn't know, they hadn't spoken to him. This doesn't suggest the Y family is particularly close to GR. Must admit, my feeling is that the family might suspect him. JMO.

See todays Sun newspaper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3365913/Weeping-girl-tipped-off-Jo-police.html

Another tenant of what became Tabak's flat said he had never known about a blocked-off door that once connected the two flats. But he added: "There was just a thin partition wall. You could hear what was going on next door."

That's from the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murder-Suspect-believed-split-girlfriend.html

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed Tabak had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.

A neighbour said: ‘When [Vincent] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

I have to add by the way that I would love to have my suspicions proved wrong, and will apologise profusely to GR if that turns out to be the case.

I guess I would make a hopeless detective as when I look at GR all I see is a man who has lost the woman he loved in tragic circumstances and must be going through absolute, utter hell.

Perhaps I'm just letting my heart rule my head, but even if I try to take a cold dispassionate look at the available evidence, I still don't see it. The chain of events that we would have to believe took place in order for GR to be in the frame seem so implausible that there simply must be a more probable explanation.

I know everyone just wants to see this resolved and justice for Jo and her family, but it's horrible read some of the speculation about someone who assuming he is innocent must be one of the most horribly affected by this whole thing.

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed Tabak had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.
A neighbour said: ‘When [Vincent] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’
Meanwhile, more evidence of a disturbance on December 17 emerged. A resident living in the building directly behind 44 Canynge Road has told police he heard a woman screaming ‘Help me’ on the night Miss Yeates went missing. He heard the cries from his bedroom, which looks on to the ground-floor flats which are now screened with tarpaulin while forensic experts continue to examine them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-believed-split-girlfriend.html#ixzz1BmDdT9D7

That's from the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murder-Suspect-believed-split-girlfriend.html

Sorry aneurin didn't realise you had already posted the link, thanks for that.

Daily Mail said:
Meanwhile, more evidence of a disturbance on December 17 emerged. A resident living in the building directly behind 44 Canynge Road has told police he heard a woman screaming ‘Help me’ on the night Miss Yeates went missing. He heard the cries from his bedroom, which looks on to the ground-floor flats which are now screened with tarpaulin while forensic experts continue to examine them.
This is really extrapolated. Wow! The guy heard that woman (or child!) call (and not scream) for help in the morning, in daylight, it was possibly coming from there, and he does not know exactly what day, but now with the noise about this murder he thinks that it could have happened on that morning. And it becomes JY screaming 'Help me' at midnight? These journalists... Like those who said TM was in Chile and those who said she was in Netherlands.

EDIT: 'Midnight' is from other articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther