Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really can't fathom what has gone on here. I think potentially AC denying a romantic relationship could be that he is just saying that because he's trying to save face with the wife? It says in that article the court described him as her ex boyfriend, so surely there's some basis in it.

Going back to the crying girl by the lake sighting, the bit that still doesn't add up about that was the girl was seen using her phone, but the phone company maintain Leah's phone has been off since it was switched off earlier that morning. So I'm inclined to think perhaps it wasn't her and just a coincidence that the description was similar. Otherwise Leah must have had a secret phone or was using someone elses, but why? This case really is baffling.

I agree, crying girl was most likely NOT Leah.

I think "strung along" is probably more accurate than "groomed".

Of course he would deny it in the absence of hard evidence. He's married. He's a more senior colleague. He's most probably been stringing along other girls. I reckon this was a one-sided love affair.

I think "strung along" is probably more accurate than "groomed".

Of course he would deny it in the absence of hard evidence. He's married. He's a more senior colleague. He's most probably been stringing along other girls. I reckon this was a one-sided love affair.
Is he a more senior colleague?

I think the journalist must have only just approached AC for a comment. By quoting him saying there was no relationship, he contradicts what was clearly said during the court case, when it seemed an established fact that he was an 'ex boyfriend'. It would be unusual for a judge to not tell the truth, but clearly something is amiss.... I think there is method in the newspaper's approach. Just my opinion.

I think the journalist must have only just approached AC for a comment. By quoting him saying there was no relationship, he contradicts what was clearly said during the court case, when it seemed an established fact that he was an 'ex boyfriend'. It would be unusual for a judge to not tell the truth, but clearly something is amiss.... I think there is method in the newspaper's approach. Just my opinion.
Very well thought out. I think you're right regarding the newspaper's approach, and, that there is something amiss. JMO, but, I fear someone is telling lies here. It's alarming

Thanks very much for that information about Leah's working relationship with AC.

Do you work in the same company?
Is there anything else you can tell us about Leah?
My apologies as I've just noticed you asked do you work in the same company? Not does Mr Choudhury work in the same company. I read your post wrong

My mistake, he is/was a trainer though, yes? And they were in a relationship of some sort?
I haven't read that he's a trainer. Have you? I'm not completely clear on whether they had a relationship of some sort as I haven't read that they had been. But, her brother seems to think that they may have been

Quote taken from the article above:

Mr Choudhury has since denied he was in a relationship with Leah. He told the Citizen this week: “That is incorrect. There was no romantic relationship....I was not grooming her. We were colleagues and we were friends... you start talking to each other."

He added: “She was my work colleague. She was my friend. I would like what everyone else wants - to get her home safe. I do wish she is found safe and back with her family.”

---
BBM
First time I've ever seen AC say anything with regards to Leah, unless I've missed something from earlier on in the case.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that he referred to her in the past tense?

The repetition of the friends/colleagues bit and "that is incorrect" also struck me as slightly odd, but I'm also not sure if English is his first language, so that could explain unorthodox speaking patterns.

I find it strange that he didn't say anything initially after the court called him her ex boyfriend. How did the court come to that conclusion in the first place? I read that police claimed that he gave a very detailed statement and seemed to imply that he was cooperative/trustworthy, which seems to contradict the idea that he consistently claimed that they had no romantic relationship, if the court is claiming that they did. If he is changing his story, why now?

This case has so many elements that are unclear.

I haven't totally disregarded the crying girl because Leah obviously had some secrets as she fibbed about where she went the night before...so it's no too far a stretch to think she had a second sim

Does anyone else find it a little odd that he referred to her in the past tense?

The repetition of the friends/colleagues bit and "that is incorrect" also struck me as slightly odd, but I'm also not sure if English is his first language, so that could explain unorthodox speaking patterns.

I find it strange that he didn't say anything initially after the court called him her ex boyfriend. How did the court come to that conclusion in the first place? I read that police claimed that he gave a very detailed statement and seemed to imply that he was cooperative/trustworthy, which seems to contradict the idea that he consistently claimed that they had no romantic relationship, if the court is claiming that they did. If he is changing his story, why now?

This case has so many elements that are unclear.

I wouldn't think the use of the past tense is due to anything more than he hasn't seen/worked with Leah for 8 months now, so things like that are in the past.

The use of 'romantic relationship' is interesting as that could be interpreted in numerous ways. It could mean that they had some dates but no sex. It could be that they had sex but weren't in a serious relationship. It can cover various things and is a bit open to interpretation, which is the opposite to what I think he's hoping to do with that statement.

I never thought 'grooming' was really an appropriate word for a young man in his twenties and a 19-yr old woman dating or seeing each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500