Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts extracted from a number of very interesting new postings.
Re who she met at the Travelodge, LE would have checked out all her known friends and associates so if it was her known work colleague they would know and he would have had to give an alibi for that time if he was not with Leah.
But that meeting may have been checked out and had no relevance to her disappearance.
Thats an area where feedback from LE would help narrow our search for the truth.

It seems Leah had a small circle of friend and colleagues. These were at Work, at her Taekwondo club and via Social media.
She was described as fairly shy and spent a lot of time in her room reading. DCI Neil Kentish who was initially in charge of the investigation said she was a heavy user of social media.
Have we ruled out a relationship developed on line culminating with a meeting or meetings and an abduction?
An unusual date
Her father dropped her off at Jurys inn on the 3rd February. Thats the date given but its a Sunday, an unusual day for a night out drinking with friends IF you are working the next day.
LE would know if she was at work on 4th February
From the Travel lodge where we now know she stayed, (having not tried to hide it by paying cash) she may then have walked to work, as its no longer than she normally walks from home, or got a lift with person she stayed with. So LE should have checked this out. If she got a taxi to work again that might have been tractable. Its the fact it was a Sunday night I find interesting. Again LE having questioned certain individuals regularly I expect they understand who she was with that evening, and who has an alibi for that Sunday evening.
LE said they had scanned some of her social media. I assume from this she did not take her 'device' with her so they would be able to examine some of her social interactions.
There was a post that went into a lot of detail about the number of times LE searched all the families cars and homes. I cannot find that post, so I guess it may have been deleted by Admin having likely come from FB. It had a lot of information I had not seen on any other posts. If you can identify it please let me know.
Reading all of the posts from start to finish its so difficult to narrow down the options. The limited information from LE makes our role more challenging.
LE is aware of these posts I only hope some of the ideas are helpful.

Re who she met at the Travelodge, LE would have checked out all her known friends and associates so if it was her known work colleague they would know and he would have had to give an alibi for that time if he was not with Leah.
But that meeting may have been checked out and had no relevance to her disappearance.
Thats an area where feedback from LE would help narrow our search for the truth.

It seems Leah had a small circle of friend and colleagues. These were at Work, at her Taekwondo club and via Social media.
She was described as fairly shy and spent a lot of time in her room reading. DCI Neil Kentish who was initially in charge of the investigation said she was a heavy user of social media.
Have we ruled out a relationship developed on line culminating with a meeting or meetings and an abduction?
An unusual date
Her father dropped her off at Jurys inn on the 3rd February. Thats the date given but its a Sunday, an unusual day for a night out drinking with friends IF you are working the next day.
From the Travel lodge where we now know she stayed, (having not tried to hide it by paying cash) she may then have walked to work, as its no longer than she normally walks from home, or got a lift with person she stayed with. So LE should have checked this out. If she got a taxi to work again that might have been tractable. Its the fact it was a Sunday night I find interesting. Again LE having questioned certain individuals regularly I expect they understand who she was with that evening, and who has an alibi for that Sunday evening.
LE said they had scanned some of her social media. I assume from this she did not take her 'device' with her so they would be able to examine some of her social interactions.
There was a post that went into a lot of detail about the number of times LE searched all the families cars and homes. I cannot find that post, so I guess it may have been deleted by Admin having likely come from FB. It had a lot of information I had not seen on any other posts. If you can identify it please let me know.
Reading all of the posts from start to finish its so difficult to narrow down the options. The limited information from LE makes our role more challenging.

Snipped from your post above LineofDuty

From MSM
On the evening of Saturday February 3, her dad dropped her off outside The Hub's Jury's Inn

Do YOU know who Leah Croucher's mystery date was in Milton Keynes this time last year?

All MSM reports say Saturday night, but equally, they all quote the incorrect date of February 3.
Saturday was February 2 and would be a far more likely date for an evening/overnight with friends.

An unusual date

Another interesting post with some good observations but as @Alyce pointed out I do believe it was Saturday night she was dropped off at the Jury's Inn but for some reason the date has been miss-quoted.

"On Saturday February 3, twelve days before Leah disappeared, she announced she was going to book a hotel room and have a girlie night with two female friends, drinking alcohol and gossiping."

Missing Leah Croucher had been in 'secret relationship with married man'

With regards to the hotel. To me it just seems alot of Leah's activity in the lead up to her disappearance and the day of the disappearance itself centred around the lake, so the fact there is a hotel in close proximity makes sense as a possible meeting place (IMO) But without more info released from LE we really do not know if she did meet someone there and if so, who?

An unusual date

I didn't find the post about searching the families homes but I did find this dated 23 March 2020 in the MK Citizen:

John says he and his wife Clare have provided police with "evidence" early on to prove 19-year-old Leah and Mr X were more than just good friends.

He said: "We worry that the police did not look more closely at him, his family, his friends. They didn't search cars or homes or workplaces. They searched the area he lives in, but that was all. He will not give permission to look at messages between the both of you. He destroyed those messages. Police searched our house five times ...They searched Leah's brother's home. They searched our relatives' homes. They searched our cars, our workplaces, our internet history. It feels as if we were under suspicion."

Later in the interview he also went on to say:

John revealed he asked police to check for DNA on the clothes Mr X wore on Valentine's Day 2019, the day before Leah disappeared. This was the evening she fibbed to her parents and slipped out of the house, seemingly for a mystery assignation. The police will not check the clothes he wore Valentine's Day," said John. "They 'encourage' us to protect his anonymity."

He claims Mr X has lied about the relationship from the offset.

I didn't find the post about searching the families homes but I did find this dated 23 March 2020 in the MK Citizen:

John says he and his wife Clare have provided police with "evidence" early on to prove 19-year-old Leah and Mr X were more than just good friends.

He said: "We worry that the police did not look more closely at him, his family, his friends. They didn't search cars or homes or workplaces. They searched the area he lives in, but that was all. He will not give permission to look at messages between the both of you. He destroyed those messages. Police searched our house five times ...They searched Leah's brother's home. They searched our relatives' homes. They searched our cars, our workplaces, our internet history. It feels as if we were under suspicion."

John revealed he asked police to check for DNA on the clothes Mr X wore on Valentine's Day 2019, the day before Leah disappeared. This was the evening she fibbed to her parents and slipped out of the house, seemingly for a mystery assignation. The police will not check the clothes he wore Valentine's Day," said John. "They 'encourage' us to protect his anonymity."

Cannot recall if it has been mentioned if Mr X is UK born or not, but apparently it is not uncommon (imo, speculation) for some foreign born persons to have a fear and distrust of LE and are therefore disinclined to give them any information at all.

I find it odd that when a young woman has disappeared that a person the parents of the young woman say was having an affair with her is allowed to say to the police no, you can't look at my phone. Is this normal? Surely the police would want to see the messages on that phone and refusal would be an immediate red flag and cause the police to make an arrest or do whatever they felt necessary to gain access to the phone messages?

Cannot recall if it has been mentioned if Mr X is UK born or not, but apparently it is not uncommon (imo, speculation) for some foreign born persons to have a fear and distrust of LE and are therefore disinclined to give them any information at all.
In my experience that's certainly not limited to "foreign born persons" ! :)

In my experience that's certainly not limited to "foreign born persons" ! :)
Lol, that is true!
The Challenge of Policing Immigrant Communities
''Providing effective policing for immigrant communities is one of the greatest challenges facing law enforcement agencies in the United States today. Despite the fact that police departments across the country have worked hard to improve their relations with immigrant communities in recent years, research suggests that many immigrants continue to encounter considerable difficulties in their dealings with the police and the criminal justice system in general. Language barriers, cultural differences, and a lack of familiarity with the US legal system, are all factors that can prevent immigrants from gaining access to justice or taking advantage of important criminal justice services. In addition, recent immigrants often fail to report crimes to the police with the result that many US immigrant communities receive inadequate funding for crime control and law enforcement. Many of the problems currently facing the police stem from a lack of trust on the part of recent immigrants. Many immigrants continue to view the police with a mixture of fear and suspicion, often as a result of negative experiences with the police in their countries of origin, or because they are afraid of being turned over to the immigration authorities''

There are plenty of people British born and bred who "have a fear and distrust of the police and are therefore disinclined to give them any information at all". I've met a fair number of these in my time.

If it weren’t so sad, I would find it fascinating how many people would post on facebook, eg potential sightings, or try to message family, but not report to the police. I understand it too, but it would be such a shame if good info got missed completely or was received too late.

Some of that initially was to do with not having credit on their mobile. I think 101 was made free from mobiles eventually.

An unusual date

Was it this one?

I dont think she was worried about a tracker but she turned off all her tracked activities such as Google Facebook Snapchat ect and it appears she turned off the emergency service tracker so you phone can signal the emergency services when you call on a bad line get disconnected ect, I think she didn't want anyone to know her movements for that night atleast which makes me think she was preparing to leave the following day as she didn't turn them back on when I was saying about other family problems hayden had battled with his mental health for many years and in 2014 was prescribed a antipsychotic which his Dr said he didn't always take and in October before his death he said he felt unsupported by his family with his mental health and grief with his missing sister he seemed to pick up come the beginning of November for his dr to decide after all those years he was in a better place to come off the medication as he wasn't expressing psychosis sadly a few weeks later hayden ended his life, the parents house was searched 5 times there work places wore searched there cars wore searched and there interenet history searched haydens house and car wore also searched as was another family members this was what leahs father said in a interview
It was never confirmed who leah met in the hotel the family assumed Mr x, when the bank statement came through and they realised she had stayed at a different hotel they asked the friends she was supposed to have stayed there with her who claimed they wore not with her that night when they went to check the cctv at the hotel it had been deleted it auto deletes after a number of days, so again no ones knows who she met there the family assumed Mr x but I think the police would have asked him about that night and his where abouts

Leah Croucher: Parents plea for missing Milton Keynes teen

Police said they had two unconfirmed sightings of a girl who "may be Leah".

Ch Insp Neil Kentish, of Thames Valley Police, said the females were seen in the area of Teardrop Lakes at approximately 08:45 GMT on 15 February.

He added that Leah had not used her mobile phone or accessed her bank account since going missing.

Leah Croucher: Parents plea for missing Milton Keynes teen

Police said they had two unconfirmed sightings of a girl who "may be Leah".

Ch Insp Neil Kentish, of Thames Valley Police, said the females were seen in the area of Teardrop Lakes at approximately 08:45 GMT on 15 February.

He added that Leah had not used her mobile phone or accessed her bank account since going missing.

The time frame on these unconfirmed reports does seem to fit that if Leah had continued to walk that day; however maybe then really could not face going into work so continued on the path around Teardrop lakes.
Just my random thoughts on if Leah did runaway, no clothes/money taken etc
Apart from the obvious in running away with the fair!

In the bushes just over a mile away from the Teardrop lakes there was at the time a group of homeless people living in tents...
they were there for a considerable length of time, if someone needed to lay low for a while.

screenshot of area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-081639_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-081639_Maps.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 24
Another post also mentioned about the taxi's being questioned, it was quickly removed but a few weeks after Leah disappeared there was a letter/email posted allegedly from TVP requesting information on any journeys around the area Leah disappeared; her home & work address on the 15th Feb but also at 2 different times the evening before.
What I found odd at the time is it was a Taxi firm nearer Northampton.

Another post also mentioned about the taxi's being questioned, it was quickly removed but a few weeks after Leah disappeared there was a letter/email posted allegedly from TVP requesting information on any journeys around the area Leah disappeared; her home & work address on the 15th Feb but also at 2 different times the evening before.
What I found odd at the time is it was a Taxi firm nearer Northampton.
Interesting. Human remains were found in Northamptonshire very recently.

Hardingstone: Human bones found in woodland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member