Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully her phone was with her and that will help build a bigger picture to answer some of the questions her family will inevitably have.
I’ll take your word for it, I’m not an expert either, just something about this case really doesn’t seem to fit right.

I’m not suggesting that the owners were directly responsible but on that subject there have been so many conflicting reports about who flagged this up to the police last Monday. First cleaners, then a plumber, then estate agents, this in itself seems odd. It could just as easily have been an attempted robbery at the address and the thief decided to do the right thing and report it? Has it ever been stated as fact that the owners appointed whoever it was that found the belongings?

It was in the police press conference, he stated that the belongings were found by someone who had been commissioned by the owner of the property

I’ll take your word for it, I’m not an expert either, just something about this case really doesn’t seem to fit right.

I’m not suggesting that the owners were directly responsible but on that subject there have been so many conflicting reports about who flagged this up to the police last Monday. First cleaners, then a plumber, then estate agents, this in itself seems odd. It could just as easily have been an attempted robbery at the address and the thief decided to do the right thing and report it? Has it ever been stated as fact that the owners appointed whoever it was that found the belongings?
The letting agent might have arranged some cleaners? Surely there would have been flies and strong odours coming into the room below the loft space and when the Kuwaiti owner apparently stayed there months after (according to a neighbour) - something must have seemed ‘off’ if a terrible thing like this has happened in that house. I wonder what alerted the people that went in on Monday?

Last edited:
I
Sooo many questions still remain.

Am I right in thinking that NM is prime suspect based solely on the word of the property owner? That seems a bit dodgy given that the same owners were said to be spending the summer at the property while LC’s body was (presumably) lying in the loft and they didn’t notice anything.

I hate to say this and sorry to be grim but surely, SURELY, there would be some sign of decomposition over the summer months and subsequent years to come that would have been impossible to ignore by anyone in that house? I’m sure most of us has had the odd occasion when some chicken has been left in the bin a little too long and the whole house smells foul so just imagine..

If they say NM was the only key holder then what happened after he died? Did they know he killed himself? Who took on maintenance responsibilities for the house afterwards? SOMEONE must have cleared mail/junk mail, or cleaned, serviced boilers, read meters etc in the three years since NM killed himself.

I just can’t get my head around how 1. The owners didn’t notice a smell that summer, because if NM was indeed responsible then there was DEFINITELY a decomposing body in the loft. And 2. How it has gone unnoticed for over three years? I can only assume that anybody who had access to the house since the murder knew that she was there. And NM is dead.

JMO
I agree. Flies. Odours. Seepage. Hot loft. The house cannot have been normal below a decomposing body. And there must have been other strange things in there if NM was using it for his criminal acts. Who told the owner he had died? And what did they do after that? Surely someone else would then go to the house covid or no covid?

Am I right in thinking that NM is prime suspect based solely on the word of the property owner? That seems a bit dodgy given that the same owners were said to be spending the summer at the property while LC’s body was (presumably) lying in the loft and they didn’t notice anything.

I hate to say this and sorry to be grim but surely, SURELY, there would be some sign of decomposition over the summer months and subsequent years to come that would have been impossible to ignore by anyone in that house? I’m sure most of us has had the odd occasion when some chicken has been left in the bin a little too long and the whole house smells foul so just imagine..

If they say NM was the only key holder then what happened after he died? Did they know he killed himself? Who took on maintenance responsibilities for the house afterwards? SOMEONE must have cleared mail/junk mail, or cleaned, serviced boilers, read meters etc in the three years since NM killed himself.

I just can’t get my head around how 1. The owners didn’t notice a smell that summer, because if NM was indeed responsible then there was DEFINITELY a decomposing body in the loft. And 2. How it has gone unnoticed for over three years? I can only assume that anybody who had access to the house since the murder knew that she was there. And NM is dead.

JMO
I share the same questions as you. I feel it is more likely the owners used a property maintenance company rather than employ NM directly. It has been stated that there was a company in the same road so !likely that one. That company employed DM . The owners would have asked the company who had access to the house when they were contacted about a body being found in the house. The police only have the word of the owner and/or the property maintenance company that NM was the only person to have keys . As you say what happened after he killed himself? What happened to his set of keys? Who then was responsible for checking the house from then onwards. I am finding it all very suspicious !
His name could have been given to cover someone else . He was dead so couldn't be questioned

I agree the idea of them is far fetched, but the comment re mum saying she’s into children’s films. Teenagers, remember she’s a young 19 year old, sometimes do hide stuff from the parents, and maybe give them one image, when they are secretly doing some thing else. Like seeing a married man ? Chances are she met someone secretly the night before or wanted to. Probably not NM, but who knows?
<modsnip - naming a person not named POI by LE>
So who did she meet at the hotel on 3rd Feb? Why lie to her mum about that too? And why did she pay for the room? No paper trail leading back to the person she was actually meeting. This behaviour was according to her mum out of character so why was she doing this? My guess was because she had started something with another man whom she (and he) wanted to keep secret. And then within 2 weeks she’s gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - naming a person not named POI by LE> So who did she meet at the hotel on 3rd Feb? Why lie to her mum about that too? And why did she pay for the room? No paper trail leading back to the person she was actually meeting. This behaviour was according to her mum out of character so why was she doing this? My guess was because she had started something with another man whom she (and he) wanted to keep secret. And then within 2 weeks she’s gone.
Why would she meet with NM in a hotel room (he was on the run from police at the time too) when if (very unlikely) they were in a relationship they could just use No2?

Next to no chance it was him

Last edited by a moderator:
If the stories are true about the family who own the property coming back the summer of 2019, I am amazed that no one smelt something in the property. The only way I imagine that the smell wouldn't be obvious would be if NM had dismembered and bagged her up. It just seems weird otherwise. When my neighbours went away for a month in the summer and a cat was somehow trapped in their house the smell was horrid from outside let alone inside...

JMO
Firstly,wrapped in plastic, or plastic container sealed, then as time goes by the plastic cracks/nibbled by rodents/whatever and seepage occurs. (my plastic crates in the loft start to crack after a few years).

Or, given we have no concrete confirmation of the timelines maybe the owners were last there the summer before, or maybe they came in spring and he hid the body there just prior to committing suicide. It's hard to know the answer without any dates.

I would have thought a house that age would have external meters, so no meter reading - and covid....the world stopped...no one doing maintenance

JMO, I think it was just a series of chance events that led to this extended period before the body was discovered.

MOO - I would say she would have been snatched in a van, killed accidentally, and concealed soon after she disappeared, in a sealed crate. Then NM committed suicide thinking he as about to be found out (police knocking on the door/police leaflet on the mat/notice the owner is coming). The owners probably did visit but at that point the body/smells were contained in the crate. Covid hits and noone visits for 2 years, then the crate cracks and the body is no longer contained....so the first person coming in finds "items of concern", a smell, some belongings, whatever.

The letting agent might have arranged some cleaners? Surely there would have been flies and strong odours coming into the room below the loft space and when the Kuwaiti owner apparently stayed there months after (according to a neighbour) - something must have seemed ‘off’ if a terrible thing like this has happened in that house. I wonder what alerted the people that went in on Monday?
If the owners had engaged letting agents? Who was responsible for the property after NM ? Was he working for a property maintenance company that the owners used or did the owners employ him independantly? I hope the police are investigating all this in depth and not just taking the word of the owners or property maintenance company

Yes so very likely it could be
My opinion has always been that he was waiting in the lake car park.
Unfortunately, it seems that the information she provided to the police at the time was very limited. "The car was possibly a coupe model with a slanted back and it was black and very shiny. I remember thinking what a nice shiny car it was." No make or model of the vehicle or even a partial registration number. Although she absolutely done the right thing reporting what she'd seen, from an investigational point of view, unless there had been other witnesses that had reported seeing the incident and they had provided more details, there's not much the police could have done to follow up on this. I dread to think how many black, possibly coupe shaped vehicles are registered within a square mile of the sighting.

Why would she meet with NM in a hotel room (he was on the run from police at the time too) when if (very unlikely) they were in a relationship they could just use No2?

Because it’s easier to go into a premier inn unnoticed than it is going into what was perceived to be an empty property with a young girl that neighbours would have most likely noticed - if for example he had stayed overnight in that house, he couldn’t have had the lights on as someone would notice so I suspect if he used that house for any criminal behaviour he was very careful not to be seen/noticed ? She could have booked the room, told him which room number and he just walks in later without speaking/seeing anyone. It’s all part of the grooming these people do. Whoever she was meeting there, she didn’t want anybody to know about it.

There is a theme here, he is either being under estimated or over estimated.

I maintain like you, Leah wouldn’t go near him with a barge pole.

Ultimately she may have been younger than her years but she was mature enough to maintain a job, could get herself off to work, order herself take away, I do not see her meeting a much much older scruffy looking man.

She may have had hobbies or interests that appear too young for her, but I wouldn’t say that was unusual for a lot people to be honest. She wasn’t watching my little pony!

Ultimately she may have been younger than her years but she was mature enough to maintain a job, could get herself off to work, order herself take away, I do not see her meeting a much much older scruffy looking man.

She may have had hobbies or interests that appear too young for her, but I wouldn’t say that was unusual for a lot people to be honest. She wasn’t watching my little pony!
You have only seen one old picture of him though?? Its like Leah some she looks really young and different and then others when she has make up on she looks much different/older etc...

I

I agree. Flies. Odours. Seepage. Hot loft. The house cannot have been normal below a decomposing body. And there must have been other strange things in there if NM was using it for his criminal acts. Who told the owner he had died? And what did they do after that? Surely someone else would then go to the house covid or no
I share the same questions as you. I feel it is more likely the owners used a property maintenance company rather than employ NM directly. It has been stated that there was a company in the same road so !likely that one. That company employed DM . The owners would have asked the company who had access to the house when they were contacted about a body being found in the house. The police only have the word of the owner and/or the property maintenance company that NM was the only person to have keys . As you say what happened after he killed himself? What happened to his set of keys? Who then was responsible for checking the house from then onwards. I am finding it all very suspicious !
His name could have been given to cover someone else . He was dead so couldn't be questioned
Exactly! This is what I was getting at.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to commit a murder and the body was hidden well away from the public. Eg in your own, or a friends secondary property. There may not be any immediate urgency to deal with the aftermath since nobody can enter said property without permission, and there is no obvious connection between the victim and the property.

Now let’s say hypothetically that you, or your acquaintance would need to one day sell said property, perhaps you can no longer afford to pay the for the upkeep or pay your friend the rent, especially in a cost of living crisis. I’d say that 4 years would be plenty of time to research dead sex offenders who are known to the area. Even better, a nomadic drifter with seemingly no close personal ties with anyone whose committed horrific crimes that the public would be glad to have got shot of.

Do we know who this guy was that brought the letter in his name on to the crime scene. Would love to know who this is.

Leah deserves proper justice. I hope the police will look at EVERYTHING

You have only seen one old picture of him though?? Its like Leah some she looks really young and different and then others when she has make up on she looks much different/older etc...
Yes just because that one photo of him suggests he looked scruffy etc, must people don’t look great on a police mug shot, no idea what he looked like day to day and lots of young women are attracted to older men, she may have thought he was younger than he actually was.

You say that, but talking as someone just a bit older than Leah. Quite a lot of friends went with what I would describe as scruffy middle aged men when Leah's age. Some met the weird blokes in question online via places like tumblr. (Which was pre-ban of adult content the place where you'd find teens and adults intermingle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer