Deceased/Not Found UK - Leah Louise Ware (still missing) and Alexandra Morgan, May/Nov 2021 *Guilty*

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
A MAN accused of murdering a woman six months before killing another and burning her body has been pictured for the first time.

Mark Brown, 40, today denied killing mum-of-two Alexandra Morgan, who was last seen on Remembrance Sunday, as he was also charged with the murder of Leah Ware, who
went missing in May.

[...]

Brown first appeared at Lewes Crown Court in November last year, with the photos only published today.

Dressed in a yellow and green jumpsuit and a black face mask, a handcuffed Brown is led towards the court by a prison officer.

Today, appearing via video link from HMP Belmarsh in south London, he spoke only to confirm his name and enter his not guilty plea.

First picture of man, 40, charged with murdering two missing women

I did also wonder if there may be other victims, everything seems too far back. Twice in 6 months for Brown shows he was/is prolific.
I don’t think he is calculating or methodical enough to have been active for many years without leaving a trace…… the link to Alexandra was established very quickly and they were confident from the outset hence remanding him.
The trace he left subsequently seems hardly complex….. he used his knowledge of the area and contacts to resolve problems he had created without thinking how they would resurface in time. His actions scream of reaction rather than planning.
I think the ease and that’s there was no immediate comeback regarding Leah emboldened him, I think it made him over confident. He probably didn’t appreciate how much more difficult it would prove when questions about Alexandra began being asked straight away.
I’d be amazed if he has done this many times without leaving a trace …… I’ve been wrong about lots of things on many occasions

Hi im new here i knee Alex..we played Game of thrones together i have some stuff she sent me awhile back about a fella she knew i will research to see if there is any info that may help in the discord ..i just don't understand why so little info has been released ..I am from the states and the release a lot of info here ..is there a possibility that this Brown fella is a serial killer..

Hi im new here i knee Alex..we played Game of thrones together i have some stuff she sent me awhile back about a fella she knew i will research to see if there is any info that may help in the discord ..i just don't understand why so little info has been released ..I am from the states and the release a lot of info here ..is there a possibility that this Brown fella is a serial killer..
Welcome! I'm sorry that you have lost your friend, it must be very shocking.

IMO there's not many countries that release as much information as some US police forces. Even in the US, FBI, for example, don't release much information ahead of a trial.

In some other countries, the importance placed on the right to a fair trial restricts police from revealing details. In Canada, it can jeopardize the whole case, because the perp can appeal a conviction on the basis that the jury was biased by news reports about the police evidence.

In the UK and some other locations, even info that's independently sourced can't be published until after a trial. Fortunately, the trial may come fairly soon and then everything will be revealed.

On the other question, some people would define a serial killer as anyone who has committed at least two murders, with a period of time between them, and especially when both murders are targetting unrelated victims, for the same apparent motive. Other definitions claim there needs to be 3 murders, but IMO, if someone who has committed 2 is not caught, why would they stop there and not go on to commit more?

JMO

Hi I'm interested who this fella was she told you about, was it her stalker? I knew her too and can't believe what's happened

Plea in Leah Ware case, plus further hearing on Alexandra Morgan?

The Crown Court
at Lewes Combined Court

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 25 March 2022

Court 3 - sitting at 02:00 pm

THE RECORDER OF BRIGHTON AND HOVE, HER HONOUR JUDGE LAING QC

NOT BEFORE 02:00 pm
Plea and Trial Preparation

T20217205 BROWN Mark 46YY0562821 NKENM CPS
Defendant to be produced. Counsel to attend in person.

NOT BEFORE 02:00 pm

T20227007 BROWN Mark 47CC0304122 CSUSM CPS
Linked case.

Does anyone know what MB does for a living?

Any mention of an occupation has been conspicuous by its absence in court reports so far. He's usually referred to as "MB, of Squirrel Close, St Leonard's" or "40-year-old MB".

Thank you for reigniting this thread @HongKongPhooey, which led me to look at a court report from last week. I think the following is newly released information, in part at least:

Mark Brown, of Squirrel Close, St Leonards, accepts a “body of criminality,” in the death of Alexandra Morgan, his defence barrister Ian Henderson QC said.

At an earlier hearing, Lewes Crown Court heard Mr Brown will say Ms Morgan died in an accident and he would admit to trying to dispose of her body by fire.

[emphasis mine]

Man accused of double murder denies killing missing woman

A Sussex man accused of the murder of two women has appeared in court.

Mark Brown's denies killing Alexandra Morgan, a mother-of-two from Sissinghurst in Kent and Leah Ware from Hastings.

[...]

Brown, who is from Hastings, denies both charges and at a preliminary hearing on 5th October the 40-year old was told he will face a trial lasting up to five weeks starting on 17th October.

While the remains of Alexandra were discovered Leah's body is yet to be found.

[...]

I think this is going to be an interesting, and complex case.

We have a suspect who is charged with two counts of murder, one of a no body. Both charges denied.

The police must have good cause and evidence to have got AM past the CPS. Obviously there will be a whole load come out in court, but I am curious as to the links between the three.

The legal teams are going to have to battle this one I think.

The Crown Court
at Lewes Combined Court

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 17 October 2022

FINAL 1 LEWES COMBINED COURT

Court 2 - sitting at 10:00 am

THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE HILLIARD

NOT BEFORE 10:00 am

For Trial

T20217205 BROWN Mark 46YY0562821NKENMCPS

NOT BEFORE 10:00 am
T20227007 BROWN Mark

Initial thread for Alexandra:

Initial thread for Leah:

A man accused of killing a missing mum and burning her body will go on trial today.

Mark Brown, 40, pleaded not guilty to the murder of Alexandra Morgan, from Sissinghurst, after the 34-year-old went missing on Remembrance Sunday last year.

Alexandra Morgan, from Sissinghurst, went missing on Remembrance Sunday last year. Picture: Facebook

Ms Morgan, a mother-of-two, was last seen buying petrol at the Shell service station at The Common, Sissinghurst, at 7.20am.

Police officers carried out extensive searches in three areas near Hastings and another near Sevenoaks Weald, but failed to find her body.

In February, Brown, of Squirrel Close, St-Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, pleaded not guilty to the murder of the Kent woman and a second woman - Leah Ware, 33, from Hastings.

The Brighton and Hove Recorder, Judge Christine Laing, sitting at Lewes Crown Court in East Sussex, said the addition of the second charge made it likely that the case would now need to be heard by a High Court.

[...]

His defending counsel, Danny Moore, told the judge that Brown's defence would be that Miss Morgan's death had been an accident, but he would admit to trying to dispose of her body by fire.

Now eight months later Brown will face trial for the alleged murder of the two women.

Following the hearing, senior investigating officers DCI Neil Kimber of Kent Police and DCI Andy Wolstenholme from the force in Sussex, said: "Our thoughts are with the families of both Alexandra and Leah at this difficult time.

"Whilst we have located the remains of Alexandra we have yet to find Leah and our investigations remain ongoing.

"We are appealing for anyone with information regarding either Leah or Alexandra to contact us urgently.

The mother-of-two was last seen at a petrol station in Sissinghurst

"Anyone with information is asked to contact Kent Police or Sussex Police online or by visiting the Kent Major Incident Public Portal in relation to Alexandra Morgan. Alternatively call 101 quoting Operation Gallery for Kent or Operation Acresdown for Sussex.

"We understand the impact that this may have in our communities. We encourage anyone with concerns to get in touch with us."

Mark Brown arrived at Lewes Crown Court earlier this afternoon: credit - Sussex News and Pictures

Mark Brown arrived at Lewes Crown Court earlier this afternoon: credit - Sussex News and Pictures

A man accused of the murder of two women is due to face trial.

Mark Brown, 40, of Squirrel Close, St Leonards, arrived at Lewes Crown Court earlier this afternoon.

He was seen dressed in a green and yellow jumpsuit, being led in handcuffs from a police vehicle.

He denies murdering mother-of-two Alexandra Morgan from Sissinghurst in Kent and Leah Ware from Hastings.

Both women disappeared in the Hastings area.

While the remains of Alexandra were discovered by police, Leah’s body has yet to be found.

Brown was charged with murdering Leah in May last year and was charged with the murder of Alexandra six months later.

His trial is set to last up to five weeks.

Same story here as above, but with video of above arrival:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther