Found Deceased UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

I agree 110%. Can I check, are we allowed to post something that we have seen on a SM page or is that not allowed? I have just seen something interesting.
i kind of disagree about running away - according to police he was spotted in the queens road area of aberdeen around noon on the 17th nov - saturday. that is the road where he lives. he went to a mcdonalds which is 25 to 30 mins or more walk away so im assuming he caught a bus into town. by 1.11 he was boarding the bus in the city centre - thats 10 mins walk from the mcdonalds. so he did not have a phone and we are led to believe it was left behind. we dont know the reason despite multiple people asking on other social media and no info from police. however local people plus my son who has a little bit of insider info say that the phone had been taken from liam following some sort of quarrel with his parents. his mums social media profile is open so there are other assumptions you can make but not sure if i am able to write them here so will wait till someone says i can. its not stalking a person is it? if its all there for anyone to read?

We live under an hour from Banchory and Crathes so we know the area well. I think that if someone had bought a ticket to go to Raemoir Road in Banchory, they would have a specific reason such as visiting someone. The most recent news update today (I attached the link in a previous post) said that they are still looking to identify a 'duo' who were also on the bus going to Raemoir Road.
hi we are both locals :) so apparently liam didnt know anyone in area - he got off the bus at the stop before the one he paid for. lots of assumptions we can make. maybe he didnt know where the right stop was for where he intended to go? maybe he realised that bus did not go the route he wanted? some of them dont stop at certain places and drive past raemoir road. check the bus timetables for the 102 from guild street aberdeen to the final destination of the bus.

Any ideas on why he would get off at the Raemoir Road stop? By this i mean any places of interest a 16 year-old would possibly visit in that area?
at the stop he did get off there were football matches being played - there was also an art fayre - there is a railway line for tourists - there is a go ape centre which is outdoor activities.

This latest article (link attached in my previous post) said that the bus was very busy. They first thought that Liam had got off the bus at Lumphanan, could they also be wrong about Crathes? I wonder if he did get off at his original intended stop, Raemoir Road in Banchory.
there is one person says thats where liam got off the bus. there is another credible sighting inside the crathes estate. great - however the police have had 140 sightings - possibly more by now and none of them checked out as being liam. so the other two might be wrong also - for all we know he did stay on the bus and go much further or indeed got off the bus many stops before. makes it very complicated but police are going by the 2 sightings they believe are credible.

Replying to 'Coach' posted at 4.11am for some reason I can't quote the post in my reply.

Depends on the source of the SM.

If it's a public page eg the official 'Find' FB page, you can quote direct from the page owner/admin but not from a visitor post.

More info here: nb 'Public Page' section vs 'Individual'

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
most of the information is coming from the police - offical page north east police division on fb - they have been great in updating the police but no family seems to be saying a single thing about liam other than he doesnt know the area ( i find that hard to believe as if you live there you know where places are. my kids lived there as young teenagers up from london and they know places within at least 50 mile radius)

his mums social media profile is open so there are other assumptions you can make but not sure if i am able to write them here so will wait till someone says i can. its not stalking a person is it? if its all there for anyone to read?

Hi earthspirit, no we can't discuss his mom's fb posts here, not even link to it. We can discuss Liam's own page and other sm accounts, but nobody elses. HTH!

So Liam bought Lucozade, Jaffa Cakes and a Dairy Milk before boarding the bus that afternoon - that's only enough supplies to get him through the day so what was his intention then? There's 3 possibilities as i can see it:

1. He was meeting up with someone, and is still with them now.
2. He intended to return home but has met with some unfortunate accident.
3. He never intended to return home (for whatever reason).

Hoping Liam is found alive and well this week.

I've never hoped that a 16 year-old ran away from home (and had a safe plan ) but in this case, I do.

Along the same note, jaffa cakes and chocolate have never given me hope before but now they do.

Hoping and praying that young Liam is safe somewhere.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree, @LadyNada - hoping that Liam will send a message (and soon!) to his family that he is safe.

Even if he doesn't want to come home yet - just letting someone know he is safe is the main thing. It's the only thing he needs to do right now.

Hearing those words will mean the world to Liam's family.

My heart goes out to all who love Liam. Praying that Liam is safe.

STV News‏Verified account @STVNews
Police are combing the grounds of Crathes Castle in a search for missing teenager Liam Smith More here
27a1.png
https://bit.ly/2ADOSkJ

STV News on Twitter

(Video at link)

Hoping and praying that Liam's family gets answers soon.

My heart goes out to them during this terrible time.

The police are doing such an outstanding job with communicating with the public as well as their vast searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjael
Back