Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, unfortunately, that seems to be a common perception. It happened in a very similar way to Tess Richey in Toronto. Accused murderer was a year younger than her, slightly built, clean cut, boyish face, not at all "dangerous" looking. Her mother found her body days later in the stairwell of an alley because LE didn't look for her, though they did arrest her accused murderer months later. I'm pleased to see how seriously and thoroughly LE are handling Libby's disappearance. MOO.

Horrendous. I hadn’t heard of this case so went to read. Huge coincidence that you should mention it (at least to me!), as Tess went missing in Church and Wellesley and Libby in Wellesley Ave. I hadn’t heard Wellesley before Libby’s disappearance. Hope Libby’s story has a happier ending.

I think he has a soft spot for Libby. I noticed on the video when asked how he met her he did a "typical tell" nose scratch. Quite sweet really.

Curious, how is a nose scratch related to liking someone?

What is that Endsleigh Centre building that's near to the bench where Libby was last seen? Has it been reported anywhere that the police have searched the grounds of this place?

What is that Endsleigh Centre building that's near to the bench where Libby was last seen? Has it been reported anywhere that the police have searched the grounds of this place?

Believe it was a convent - soon to be turned into flats. Quite an impressive building from the photos

5 mins away and a student club I’ve been to a few times
Piper boss' warning as car seen prowling around Newland Avenue

Good find. Could be relevant as Newland Av is just round the corner from the bench

The manager of a Newland Avenue nightclub has issued a warning to people in the area after a car was seen prowling the streets in the early hours of the morning. The manager [name redacted by me] at Piper nightclub, says he was forced to issue a warning on Facebook after a suspicious car was seen "trying to pick people up" on Newland Avenue in the early hours of Sunday.

@LittleMystery I know we previously ruled out the drain with the bridge as a potential option for where Libby may have ended up due to the height of the wall but, as you can see from the photo, she need only have crossed the bridge to be able to access the banking to the drain. Screenshot_20190205-224957.png Screenshot from Google Earth.

@LittleMystery I know we previously ruled out the drain with the bridge as a potential option for where Libby may have ended up due to the height of the wall but, as you can see from the photo, she need only have crossed the bridge to be able to access the banking to the drain. View attachment 167616 Screenshot from Google Earth.

Good spot!

@LittleMystery I know we previously ruled out the drain with the bridge as a potential option for where Libby may have ended up due to the height of the wall but, as you can see from the photo, she need only have crossed the bridge to be able to access the banking to the drain. View attachment 167616 Screenshot from Google Earth.

There is also the potential she attempted to access her house via the back, from all reports the house they were looking at was number 15 (if you look on hdm there are pictures that clearly show the house frontage and the next door house has 17 above the door and the back of number 15 is directly on the drain! Something could easily have happened around the back of the house. But I would have thought they would have found her by now if that were the case.

I’m glad friends are looking for her. I’m getting a really sad vibe with the apparent self-harming etc. If she was depressed or anxious, chances are she thought people didn’t care.

Yeah the fact police are allowing this to happen makes me wonder if they are turning their search away from that area?

It's certainly something to make you think. I did think at first that police had said that area was fine to search as they were done there, they couldn't get in the way etc but after looking at the map again it's a huge area that pretty much covers all of the important places of interest except the welly. Surely with ongoing police searches happening and seemingly random places within that perimeter they wouldn't let a bunch of students go traipsing around...

Believe it was a convent - soon to be turned into flats. Quite an impressive building from the photos

A lovely building indeed - shame if it is being turned into flats.

Just thinking that if Libby needed a pee she might well have left the bench and walked into these grounds at some point, it looks like the nearest secluded spot if you want to relieve yourself. I wondered if something might have happened here, maybe someone spotted her walking into these grounds and followed her in?

I would imagine the police have probably searched these grounds by now but i can't recall it being mentioned in MSM.

It's certainly something to make you think. I did think at first that police had said that area was fine to search as they were done there, they couldn't get in the way etc but after looking at the map again it's a huge area that pretty much covers all of the important places of interest except the welly. Surely with ongoing police searches happening and seemingly random places within that perimeter they wouldn't let a bunch of students go traipsing around...
I am not at all wanting to cause any upset and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post something like this, so mods feel free to redact or delete post of necessary. As horrific as it may seem, could there be the possibility that the police are now in fact so confident that Libby will be found in the pond, drain or river that they're letting the students do their own search because they know they aren't going to find her? I know that's an awful thing to say but it's just my personal thoughts on why the police might be letting the students do their own thing, since they know they won't be equipped to search water.

See my previous comment re house backing on to the drain

Whilst the drain is close to the rear yards I'm sure there are fences and/or heavy bushes and trees making it extremely difficult to make it down to the water.

That's without taking into account she was clearly paralytic drunk from reports.

Whilst the drain is close to the rear yards I'm sure there are fences and/or heavy bushes and trees making it extremely difficult to make it down to the water.

That's without taking into account she was clearly paralytic drunk from reports.

There are actually steps leading from the back of Libby's house straight down to the water. See link:

Google Maps

Oh yeah. Well spotted!

I think I might have missed the details but when is this public search happening? Or has it went ahead already?

Unfortunately you are wrong. See screenshot from Google Earth. I have only just realised by looking in 3D how easily she may have fell, especially in the dark when she was drunk and wobbly. Libby's house over near the left, back of houses accessed by driveway over to the right. There is a point directly behind Libby's back yard where she may have fallen. Screenshot_20190205-230702.png

There are definitely areas where access to the drain would be difficult but not necessarily directly behind the house, it seems to be low shrubs and considering the cloud cover that night it would have been dark.

-Re: kids organizing the search
I think that the kids were mobilized into action quicker than the police and started a social media push amongst students to go look for her. By Sunday, I think the police had asked for volunteers to hold back from searching but to help by giving info and restricting the students to search only campus areas.
I also think that there may not have been an official police contact when the kids asked for info to be forwarded to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther